Confirmed with Link: Noah Hanifin @ 75% (via Flyers) traded to Vegas for Cond. 2025 1st, Daniil Miromanov, conditional 2025 3rd Round pick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Thanks to the Mod(s) who fixed the OP and kept on top of this one for the duration. I tapped out early due to having to get up for work at 3:45 am, will miss the first period and a bit of the game tonight too.

Anyway, not sure what to think entirely but I guess I think Conroy and Co got what they could with a limited leash of teams etc. Not quite the windfall of the Lindholm trade but not horribad. We're worse off for the rest of the season but clearly we're rebuilding. I'd like to see this Russian kid play for awhile to know what that return looks like, might be okay to pretty good. Overall I ain't too mad.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
So if I’m reading this right we get their 2025 1st unless they trade it before the deadline Friday? They still have their 2024 1st too so it seems unlikely they move the 2025. It is Vegas though

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I don't even want to think about this trade anymore.....
Shoukd have traded him a month ago.

Apparently the team has been getting lowball offers for him since last summer.

Maybe there's something teams around the NHL know that we don't, or his value just isn't as high as we hoped.

Reactions: Tofveve

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So if I’m reading this right we get their 2025 1st unless they trade it before the deadline Friday? They still have their 2024 1st too so it seems unlikely they move the 2025. It is Vegas though

Basically this, although there's the top-10 protection as well. I guess they wanted that condition to give them more options this deadline, so I fully expect Vegas to move at least one 1st rounder before the deadline.

Reactions: crackdown44

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lindholm's deal also included a multi-season cap dump (2.75m) for a guy unable to make an NHL roster anymore. Leaving that out is pretty disingenuous.

Sooner =/= better and it's not like we were getting an earlier pick from Boston, Tampa or Florida

The deadline market isn't really determined by who is better year to year, it's determined by who is the best available in that year.
I mean, calling it a "multi-season cap dump" is a little disingenuous when it was more like 1 season and about 20 games.

And you are right, sooner doesn't necessarily equal better, but it does mean that the Flames have to wait longer for the fruits of this trade to come around. That has value in and of itself.

I will say though, the one thing that is nice is that we can root for Vegas to win a round this year and it doesn't affect the standing of our pick.

Last edited:

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Miromanov was a teammate of Pelletier?

BUDDY SYSTEM!!!

Miromanov was a FW for Bathurst then went home for the 2017-2018 season and came back later in the year as a D (after being traded to Moncton)

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean, calling it a "multi-season cap dump" is a little disingenuous when it was more like 1 season and about 20 games.
It literally was a cap dump that expanded into a second season. 2 seasons is multi-year

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It literally was a cap dump that expanded into a second season. 2 seasons is multi-year
Yes, you are technically right. But 1 full season and the last quarter of a season is different from say a 2+ full season cap, which is what I would personally associate with the term. Anyways, this is pedantic semantics we are arguing lol.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Hoping miromanov can become the 2nd coming of the great anton babchuk for us lol, i always like anton when he was a flame

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I f***in knew it.

How is this shit not illegal? They can trade for a guy without an extension in place to lower his trade value then just sign him anyways?

What the f***.
Why exactly should this be illegal?

Boston literally did the same thing with Hampus Lindholm just 2 seasons ago. Plenty of other teams sign rentals after they are traded too. Is it all that surprising he wanted to play in a desirable market with his best bud GM Jack?

Reactions: User1996

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The first impression is very 'meh'. A first that can slide down to '26, a 26 year old defender that most people consider a tweener and third/potential second rounder.

That all being said, I think all of Conroy's moves have to be looked at through to the end of the year and in their entirety.

He did turn 5 UFA's that 100% were not going to sign with this club unless wildly overpaid into a lot of assets and players.

Toffoli
Lindholm
Zadorov
Hanifin
Tanev

Was turned into:

NHL players:
Yegor Sharangovich
Kuzmenko
Miromanov

NHL Prospects:
Joni Jurmo
Hunter Brzustewicz
Artem Grushnikov

NHL Picks:
2023 3rd Rounder (Aydar Suniev)
2024 5th Round pick (Best of Vancouver or Chicago)
2024 1st Round pick (Van)
2024 4th Round pick * (Van, conditional 3rd round pick if Van gets to the conference finals, the 4th round is the better between NJD and Van)
2024 2nd Round pick (Dal)
2025 1st round pick * (Can slide to 2026, VGK)
2025 3rd round pick* (VGK, conditional 2nd if Vegas wins a round in 2024)
2026 3rd round pick *(If Dal makes the SCF in 2024)

I think one of the things that no one is talking about, is the Russians/Belarusians that they acquired as NHLers. None are signed for more than 2 years, and in reality none of them fit into our next contention window; meaning if he turns any of them into further assets, this will be some kind of managing from Conroy. Imagine turning Lindholm into 6 future assets.

I also fully believe Calgary WON'T be using the Vancouver 1st rounder this year, and that it will be used as further currency when the time comes.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Why exactly should this be illegal?

Boston literally did the same thing with Hampus Lindholm just 2 seasons ago. Plenty of other teams sign rentals after they are traded too. Is it all that surprising he wanted to play in a desirable market with his best bud GM Jack?

It’s complete bullshit to make a trade in place with no extension, thereby driving down his trade value for the acquiring team, then signing him to said extension after the trade is completed.

You’re telling me that if Hanifin was traded to Vegas with an extension in place we couldn’t have gotten more?

Reactions: Bounces R Way

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
It’s complete bullshit to make a trade in place with no extension, thereby driving down his trade value for the acquiring team, then signing him to said extension after the trade is completed.

You’re telling me that if Hanifin was traded to Vegas with an extension in place we couldn’t have gotten more?
Wouldn't the Flames need to be the ones to sign the extension? I don't think the Flames have enough cap unless Hanifin signs a Forsling-type deal with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad