Post-Game Talk: No what ifs but imagine if Matheson was scratched all round. Cats 3 NYI 2

Will you watch what's likely to be the last "playoff game" for many years?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not playing Tippet makes a lot of sense, warmups aside. The Islanders live and die based on their opponent making mistakes and rookies/inexperienced players tend to make more. I wouldn't play him either. I also wouldn't play Matheson.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I've had a lot of great experiences following this team, even though they've never won anything. I loved going to games at the BB&T Center and really wanted hockey in this market to succeed.

I can say confidently that I'm very close to giving up at this point. I don't even live in the area anymore and I'm finding it hard to justify paying for an NHL package to follow an organization with no hope or light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll stick around to see what happens after the draft lottery - but I'm going to take the offseason to re-evaluate how I'm spending my time/money, because this franchise isn't worth it anymore.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
So, before the final goal horn sounds and likely the CATS are sent packing, I wanted to thank all of you for including me - sometimes not so nicely (my fault AND yours) to the group.

Boyle will not be in a CATS sweater next season; my hope is there is a team who will love his fiery passion for all things on the ice... and his leadership, not to mention his oft-timely goal scoring which gets overlooked. Otherwise, I hope he finds himself behind a bench, coaching/mentoring youngsters on what it takes to have a career in the NHL while remaining humble, faithful to his wife, having kids, battling CML, battling Abdelkader/Sergie/whoever else; standing up for teammates and being the husband, dad, son, brother, friend, teammate that a loyal fan will always support.

I really had hoped both FL teams would make it to round one but for some reason, bad Math just doesn't work.

Thanks again - PJ

PS: PROVE ME WRONG CATS!!!

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
EeqwPzlWoAcT-sW

Wow, some real roster changes today. Let's see if it means anything.

ALSO THANK f***ING CHRIST MATHESON IS GONE

MAY WE NEVER SEE HIM IN A PANTHERS JERSEY AGAIN

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Not playing Tippet makes a lot of sense, warmups aside. The Islanders live and die based on their opponent making mistakes and rookies/inexperienced players tend to make more. I wouldn't play him either. I also wouldn't play Matheson.

You can easily argue he's better than half our forwards right now. Worrying about Tippett making a mistake when you consider the upside on the other end of it is negligible. Other than Huby, Barkov, Hoffman and Dadonov, he'd easily be the next most skilled forward in the lineup. Maybe we shouldn't worry so much about making mistakes and start playing the best lineup possible.

Reactions: Beezer

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I've had a lot of great experiences following this team, even though they've never won anything. I loved going to games at the BB&T Center and really wanted hockey in this market to succeed.

I can say confidently that I'm very close to giving up at this point. I don't even live in the area anymore and I'm finding it hard to justify paying for an NHL package to follow an organization with no hope or light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll stick around to see what happens after the draft lottery - but I'm going to take the offseason to re-evaluate how I'm spending my time/money, because this franchise isn't worth it anymore.

Their rising all at once was the sound of towels thrown in remote.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
EeqwPzlWoAcT-sW

Wow, some real roster changes today. Let's see if it means anything.

ALSO THANK f***ING CHRIST MATHESON IS GONE

MAY WE NEVER SEE HIM IN A PANTHERS JERSEY AGAIN
I'd like to see Stillman in but otherwise I have no issues with the scratches. Vatrano 100% earned his scratch.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You can easily argue he's better than half our forwards right now. Worrying about Tippett making a mistake when you consider the upside on the other end of it is negligible. Other than Huby, Barkov, Hoffman and Dadonov, he'd easily be the next most skilled forward in the lineup. Maybe we shouldn't worry so much about making mistakes and start playing the best lineup possible.
Mistakes against the Islanders matter a lot because they can comfortably win a 2-1 game. Against other teams I'd agree. We have enough offense in the lineup but they need to wake up. Our biggest issue is making too many mistakes, not scoring. And Tippet isn't exactly a guarantee to add upside either.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I don't think Tippett would move the needle at all, he hasn't even played at this level let alone in the playoffs. Heck it's not like he dominated the ahl either.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Matheson scratched, Q might care afterall
It was a mistake to play him yesterday and he knows it.

I can see his thinking in letting Matheson "work out the kinks" but with every game carrying so much weight there was room for one of those "work out the kinks" games, not two.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I don't think Tippett would move the needle at all, he hasn't even played at this level let alone in the playoffs. Heck it's not like he dominated the ahl either.

Yeah, you're right, why would we want more speed and skill in our lineup when we've scored 3 goals in the last 180 minutes of hockey.

At least Hunt gets in today, I like his game.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
You're right, and Boyle hahah.

But I think Sceviour adds such little offense and if they want to beat the Isles they have to just score goals.

Good on the PK though. If the refs put us in a lot again we might need it. Guess Wally is playing a lot on the PK then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad