Post-Game Talk: No what ifs but imagine if Matheson was scratched all round. Cats 3 NYI 2

Will you watch what's likely to be the last "playoff game" for many years?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm just gonna do this like would a game 82 post when Florida's eliminated and list all the Panthers playing their last games/ending their involvement with Florida today:

Dale Tallon
100% One of, if not both Dadonov and Hoffman
Brian Boyle
Erik Haula
Mark Pysyk

I did finally decide to change my NHL 20 name

GctDoDr.png

EesZv0RUwAAtI3J

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Like I said this team is going to be worse next year.

5 playoff appearances in the last 24 years, 0 series wins, and let's be honest, they weren't gonna make it this year without Covid forcing the NHL to let 80% of the teams into the playoffs. Interestingly, all 5 losses were to New York/New Jersey teams. See you August 10th for the Laf lottery, really the last hope of this franchise.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I would have started Judge just because the team plays better in front of him but I''m ok that Bob's getting the start, he was great game 1 and good enough yesterday. I can't imagine Matheson plays again.

5 playoff appearances in the last 24 years, 0 series wins, and let's be honest, they weren't gonna make it this year without Covid forcing the NHL to let 80% of the teams into the playoffs. Interestingly, all 5 losses were to New York/New Jersey teams. See you August 10th for the Laf lottery, really the last hope of this franchise.

Florida may have gotten swept in an expanded playoffs they wouldn't have qualified for but on the bright side, Matheson's nickname Covi-19 is great. I will not watch tomorrow if he isn't scratched.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yeah, Laf is pretty much the only "plan", especially if Joyce cuts salary and goes younger. Man, it would be so huge. I won't allow myself to hope though.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'm just happy these clowns have proven me right.

No one wanted to believe me, but here we are about to get swept in a 3 game series.

I actually expected the Cats to win one game. I figured the Islanders aren't THAT good so we'd likely get a game out of them.

Turns out we just suck that badly. When nobody cares even winning one game is insanely difficult.

Anyway bring on the off season and let's start burning this thing to the ground.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm just gonna do this like would a game 82 post when Florida's eliminated and list all the Panthers playing their last games/ending their involvement with Florida today:

Dale Tallon
Brian Boyle
Erik Haula
Mark Pysyk

I was gonna add Sceviour because I thought he had two years left, but he only had one so meh. He's a good PK guy and a complete blackhole offensively 5on5. Need a younger, hungrier and faster player in that spot.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah, Laf is pretty much the only "plan", especially if Joyce cuts salary and goes younger. Man, it would be so huge. I won't allow myself to hope though.

Even if they would win it's not going to change shit. They'll send both Hoff and Dads packing due to salary cuts and the defense will still suck.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I'm just happy these clowns have proven me right.

No one wanted to believe me, but here we are about to get swept in a 3 game series.

I actually expected the Cats to win one game. I figured the Islanders aren't THAT good so we'd likely get a game out of them.

Turns out we just suck that badly. When nobody cares even winning one game is insanely difficult.

Anyway bring on the off season and let's start burning this thing to the ground.

This team is soooooo bad!!!

NYI is a good team. But it's not like we are playing the Lightning on steroids, we should be able to be at least competitive.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Islanders are sailing off into the playoffs and that bunch of losers that are the Panthers will let them go without even fighting.

For the very first time in 27 years, I can say that I literally hate this team. Over the years, I'v been sad about them, I've been angry, disappointed. I did hate them for short periods of times, but never like I do right now.

Actually...I realize that I don't even hate hem anymore. I just don't care. And just like in a human relationship, it's over when you don't care anymore. When there's hate, there's at least emotions.

I'm really done with this team and I mean it.

Can't believe I've been cheering for one the worst pro sport organizations for all those years.

Last edited:

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Islanders are sailing off into the playoffs and that bunch of losers that are the Panthers will let them go without even fighting.

For the very first time in 27 years, I can say that I literally hate this team. Over the years, I'v been sad about them, I've been angry, disappointed. I did hate them for short periods of times, but never like I do right now.

Actually...I realize that I don't even hate hem anymore. I just don't care. And just like in a human relationship, it's over when you don't care anymore. When there's hate, there's at least emotions.

I'm really done with this team and I mean it.

Can't believe I've been cheering for one the worst pro sport organization for all those years.

It’s hard to like any current player when they are directly contributing to what will likely be the Franchise moving. But this is what I do cheer for teams that build me up and crush me down.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Reading rumors that Viola wants to sell the team after another fiasco season. Will this mean the team will move? Who would want to take over this shitfire here? It's not working

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Reading rumors that Viola wants to sell the team after another fiasco season. Will this mean the team will move? Who would want to take over this shitfire here? It's not working

They have an ironclad lease until at least 2023. So at the earliest you'll have to suffer them sucking for another 3 seasons. After that all bets are off and they can skip town.

I actually think what would be ideal in the long run is if they leave to Quebec or something and Bettman looks to add a team back in South Florida by like 2030 or something and start fresh with a brand new arena in downtown fort lauderdale that will attract young people and yuppies.

That is what a Florida hockey team needs. A fresh start right down to the physical building they play in. I would fire/relieve every single staff member associated with the organization.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I wonder if Huberdeau requests a trade before his contract is up...he'll be 28 next year (where did the time go). I'm sure his buddy Trocheck is bragging about how amazing it is in Carolina.

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
I would also add. Connorly and Strallman, and possibly Toninato.

Dale Tallon
Brian Boyle
Erik Haula
Mark Pysyk

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I wonder if Huberdeau requests a trade before his contract is up...he'll be 28 next year (where did the time go). I'm sure his buddy Trocheck is bragging about how amazing it is in Carolina.

He will.

At 28 years old, he's not going to waste one more year here.

At least we should get a nice return for him.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Another awful disappointing season comes to a close. Garbage. It would have been a huge let-down if I didn't already give up. Can't wait to see what 'big' moves we do this offseason. We'll be uncaged!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

where'd you see that? new legit owners willing to build an actual franchise in south florida will be the only thing saving this team

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Just toss out a prayer here and go with this lineup:

Huberdeau - Barkov - Tippett
Dadonov - Wallmark - Hoffman
Vatrano - Haula - Connolly
Sceviour - Acciari - Hunt/Saarela

Ekblad - Weegar
Stillman - Pysyk
Yandle - Brown

Also, how nice would it be to have Lammikko for the bottom 6 and PK right now? Another great example of pushing players away...while we have guys like Toninato, Boyle, etc. taking up roster spots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad