Post-Game Talk: No what ifs but imagine if Matheson was scratched all round. Cats 3 NYI 2

Will you watch what's likely to be the last "playoff game" for many years?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
They have an ironclad lease until at least 2023. So at the earliest you'll have to suffer them sucking for another 3 seasons. After that all bets are off and they can skip town.

I actually think what would be ideal in the long run is if they leave to Quebec or something and Bettman looks to add a team back in South Florida by like 2030 or something and start fresh with a brand new arena in downtown fort lauderdale that will attract young people and yuppies.

That is what a Florida hockey team needs. A fresh start right down to the physical building they play in. I would fire/relieve every single staff member associated with the organization.
If the team leaves FL - there's no chance in hell they give it another shot.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I agree with everything that’s been said about our team being bad...

But also need to point out that officiating has been a joke as always, and those Islanders are a 90s team... So much hooking, grabbing, interference and all, can’t stand watching and playing those guys... Trotz is an entertainment-killer, and their team is a snooze-fest...

Scratch Matheson and call him a cab please !

Reactions: MintyFresh88

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

But also need to point out that officiating has been a joke as always, and those Islanders are a 90s team... So much hooking, grabbing, interference and all, can’t stand watching and playing those guys... Trotz is an entertainment-killer, and their team is a snooze-fest...

I agree...it's 10-3 in favour of Isles for PPs right now. I don't absolve the Panthers because they did take some dumb penalties, but it's been in NYI favour overall.

Even just look at the games yesterday and the PPs given out:

3-4
4-5
4-2
3-3
6-7

Our game: 2-7 lol

Reactions: Beezer

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Reading rumors that Viola wants to sell the team after another fiasco season. Will this mean the team will move? Who would want to take over this shitfire here? It's not working
That mainboard thread was inaccurate they meant he's taking 1 last shot before cutting salary. You have at least 3 more years of misery left, don't worry.

Penalties are lopsided but most of the calls have been legit (matheson has taken 3 braindead penalties on his own.) It's hard to be upset, unlike 2016 Florida isn't the better team getting outgoalied, they deserve their defecit.

^the Score app is wrong, Florida had 3 powerplays

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
where'd you see that? new legit owners willing to build an actual franchise in south florida will be the only thing saving this team

And thats exactly what has happened for the Islanders. Went from Charles wang in ownership, who didnt give a shit if we were even competitive, spending the salary cap floor, threw the team in a basketball arena in Brooklyn, fan base genuinely believed the team was being positioned to be moved, then suddenly a real ownership team of scott malkin and jon ledecky bought the franchise and are helping turn things around.new practice facility, new arena in the works. it can happen for you too if you get the right buyer who is committed to the area

Reactions: pantherbot

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
They have an ironclad lease until at least 2023. So at the earliest you'll have to suffer them sucking for another 3 seasons. After that all bets are off and they can skip town.

I actually think what would be ideal in the long run is if they leave to Quebec or something and Bettman looks to add a team back in South Florida by like 2030 or something and start fresh with a brand new arena in downtown fort lauderdale that will attract young people and yuppies.

That is what a Florida hockey team needs. A fresh start right down to the physical building they play in. I would fire/relieve every single staff member associated with the organization.

I guarentee you if they leave there will be no NHL team back in south florida ever again

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
And thats exactly what has happened for the Islanders. Went from Charles wang in ownership, who didnt give a shit if we were even competitive, spending the salary cap floor, threw the team in a basketball arena in Brooklyn, fan base genuinely believed the team was being positioned to be moved, then suddenly a real ownership team of scott malkin and jon ledecky bought the franchise and are helping turn things around.new practice facility, new arena in the works. it can happen for you too if you get the right buyer who is committed to the area

I generally think Viola's intention of turning this team around when he bought it were pure. But he also made decisions that clearly reflected his lack of hockey knowledge. He also didn't realize how deep the rot in the organization went.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I generally think Viola's intention of turning this team around when he bought it were pure. But he also made decisions that clearly reflected his lack of hockey knowledge. He also didn't realize how deep the rot in the organization went.

It's too bad intentions don't build franchises, actions do. Aside from splurging once this past offseason, viola has not been a positive for this franchise.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

I don't want to be rude here...but comments like yours is part of the losing culture. It's everywhere around this organization. Even some fans are part of it.

There's no conspiracy against us. We suck and that's why we get penalities called against us.

You say NYI are boring, but the truth is you probabaly wish we were as "boring" as they are if the result was us winning. You can't stand them because they are beating us, plain and simple.

Just like some of you hate the Montreal's fans when they hijack our place every December. Truth is we all wish the BB&T center would be as loud as the Bell center is.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I don't want to be rude here...but comments like yours is part of the losing culture. It's everywhere around this organization. Even some fans are part of it.

There's no conspiracy against us. We suck and that's why we get penalities called against us.

You say NYI are boring, but the truth is you probabaly wish we were as "boring" as they are if the result was us winning. You can't stand them because they are beating us, plain and simple.

Just like some of you hate the Montreal's fans when they hijack our place every December. Truth is we all wish the BB&T center would be as loud as the Bell center is.
100000%

The fans have also become complacent. How many of us argue with other posters when they drop the same old bullshit lines the players do?

This culture is deep rooted in South Florida hockey, which is why I think the franchise will never find success without relocating.

I'd 100000% rather play boring, dull hockey and win most of my games than to play this run and gun game with no heart or desire to put any real effort forward.

Winning is the funnest f***ing thing you can do in sports, no question at all. If you argue that, you might be a Panthers fan.

Reactions: Gaebriel

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Got a sign today. Walked past these gas tanks at work today(never actually noticed them b4).

Not sure if this means Matheson has a lot of Gas to use in today’s game or if he’s going to “Blow” the game wide open for the Isles. :laugh:

pparkpwersonnell%20005crop_500.jpg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Savor it boys, even if it's going to be miserable.

This may be the last time you ever get to see a Florida Panthers 'playoff' game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad