Speculation: No takers for PK Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
SDPN podcast had a good point, he can likely get similar, if not better money going into U.S broadcasting.
He doesn't have to harm his back doing that. He also likely has a price point to play hockey, and its probably higher than minimum. No team is offering more than minimum IMO.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
SDPN podcast had a good point, he can likely get similar, if not better money going into U.S broadcasting.
He doesn't have to harm his back doing that. He also likely has a price point to play hockey, and its probably higher than minimum. No team is offering more than minimum IMO.
cant win a cup in the booth, though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
32 thoughts did an interview with someone with the NHL I believe and said there are many networks in the states that would take Subban on.

Maybe it's me, but Subban going into the analyst/ coverage for hockey is just a win.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm guessing he'll sign with a bad team with the plan of being traded to a good team at the deadline. If they retain half that means he can make more total money than going right to a contender

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He is a cancer in the room …… A me first player!

Any team that picks him up will drop in the standings.

Nashville would have been r aa Stanley Cup Champion if they never made the Subhan for Webber trade!

Mouthwash in the travel bag after the Crosby media thing in the Stanley cup final was a joke…….

On ice antics …… embarrassed his team mates…… teammates jyst shake their heads.

Flashy suits yelling “look at me”

He is a punk ! …… Showboat!!!!!! Piece of crap player!

He should go into broadcasting ….. join the goalies /McLean and Hextall……all four of which are the worst broadcasters on the air……. He will fit right in!

No, he wasn't, and no we wouldn't have. I would gladly take Subban back if his back/neck weren't messed up and he could play like he did the first two years here.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Are you day drinking again and forget you made this same "joke" on page 16 yesterday?
I didn’t call him “Slewfoot Subban” in the first one..

Him joining Toronto and them losing in the fist round again would be hilarious. But that will happen either way.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
People still think he’s a locker room cancer? How cute. Until the Devils got Marino and Brendan Smith, there were some fans who wanted him back for a year because he’s still a good 3rd RHD on top of the fact that everyone in that locker room loved him. He was a great mentor on a young team and the kids had a lot of fun with him.

We don’t have room for him anymore, but I hope the reason he’s not signed isn’t because of this BS perception.
B.S perception?
I’m sorry he must be a great guy. Next time he is over for Sunday diner @ your house…….please apologize for me for the negative comments I made( sarcasm).

Maybe he can teach you some of those dance moves he does on the ice when he is trying to showboat and act cool 😎 ( not).

To clarify when I called him a punk on the ice …… I mostly talking about his on ice cheap shots ( hitting from behind/stick work, slewfoots) to the other teams best players and him never backing it up when challenged face to face. Even when challenged by non fighters ….. he cowards!

It’s embarrassing for his team mates.

Addition by subtraction ……. NJ is going to better team moving forward without having this anchor dragging the whole team down.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Heres the thing, we think the NHL needs bigger personalities from its stars but i'm not so sure its welcomed in locker rooms just yet. Fair or not teams would rather go another direction than go with PK who's a shell of what he was even a few years ago.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He is a cancer in the room …… A me first player!

Any team that picks him up will drop in the standings.

Nashville would have been r aa Stanley Cup Champion if they never made the Subhan for Webber trade!

Mouthwash in the travel bag after the Crosby media thing in the Stanley cup final was a joke…….

On ice antics …… embarrassed his team mates…… teammates jyst shake their heads.

Flashy suits yelling “look at me”

He is a punk ! …… Showboat!!!!!! Piece of crap player!

He should go into broadcasting ….. join the goalies /McLean and Hextall……all four of which are the worst broadcasters on the air……. He will fit right in!
How overly dramatic you are

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
subban-listerine.jpg

giphy.gif

May this just end smoothly?
The "jokes" were corny which PK tried much too hard to make work.
Nice career highlights, but please no more attempts to copy Don Cherry.

Enjoy life at Barstool or somewhere else "hip".

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Would do Subban at 1.5M x 1 year. Assuminng he wants north of 2M.
Why?

The Sens have a single need and its for a RD partner for a rookie dman in Sanderson. Subban is not that guy. So signing him only clogs up the 3rd pair making it one spot for Holden, Lassi, JBD, or Subban (assuming Hamonic is 2nd pair RD). And Subban as the #7 guy makes even less sense. Making matters worse, signing Subban only pushes us further away from signing a true top 4 RD by virtue of having an unnecessary surplus.

No room for him at all imo.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Subban was all over ESPN especially during the playoffs and he was great. Sad if he can't get any more time on the ice, but it will be a welcomed breath of fresh air in the hockey broadcast world. The guy was made for TV

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I remember Subban doing an ice bucket challenge and not much else after his Norris...
Subban won the Norris trophy following the 2012-2013 season.

In 2013-2014 he had 53pts in 82 games
In 2014-2015 he had 60pts in 82 games
In 2015-2016 he had 51pts in 68 games
In 2016-2017 he had 40pts in 66 games
In 2017-2018 he had 59pts in 82 games

In that span he played 64 playoff games and got 43 pts. He won seven playoff rounds, the Maple Leafs (for example) won zero playoff rounds.

Maybe your memory is shoddy

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

In that span he played 64 playoff games and got 43 pts. He won seven playoff rounds, the Maple Leafs (for example) won zero playoff rounds.

Please don't derail topics with factual stats :help:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Was also a Norris finalist in 2015 and 2018. Distant 3rd as the cases may be. But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad