55E32696-BE6F-418E-971F-E522F36E3264.png

This might be his best chance of a contract at this point

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Many hockey fans have some “odd viewpoints” when it comes to PK Subban.
He's polarizing and far from universally admired. Some find his personality obnoxious and unlikable, on and off the ice which makes giving him credit difficult even when it's due.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I was looking at the 2021 results and McDonagh got 3 points while price got 1. Vasi, kuch And point were top 3

Interesting how much the winning team is favored in the voting
I wonder who would have won the CS if the Preds won.

I remember that Subban's play was highly praised in rounds 1 and 2 of that run, while Rinne didn't play that well in the finals.

In any event, multiple 50 point seasons, a Norris, a CS vote, two additional Norris finalists....nothing to scoff at.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

I remember that Subban's play was highly praised in rounds 1 and 2 of that run, while Rinne didn't play that well in the finals.

In any event, multiple 50 point seasons, a Norris, a CS vote, two additional Norris finalists....nothing to scoff at.
Probably still would have been Rinne. He stumbled a bit to start that series and then in the Game 5 blowout, so his finals wasn't very good. But still finished 1.96 and .930 overall even with those stinkers. If the Preds had won, it would have been because things happened differently in a couple of those games, and Rinne would have been MVP. Behind him it was more of a committee. Subban was very very good, but I'm not sure where his vote would have come from tbh.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Rinne would have had to been mvp level for the preds to have won. Anyway, moot point.

Personality aside, subban was a star in this league from his first nhl game to the season before he was traded from the preds, spanning close to a decade.

Nothing to scoff at for sure.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Andy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Rinne would have had to been mvp level for the preds to have won. Anyway, moot point.

Personality aside, subban was a star in this league from his first nhl game to the season before he was traded from the preds, spanning close to a decade.

Nothing to scoff at for sure.
I agree with the bold. The problem is there still seems that many people don't.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He's polarizing and far from universally admired. Some find his personality obnoxious and unlikable, on and off the ice which makes giving him credit difficult even when it's due.

He's also black, which pisses off a not-insignificant part of the hockey world. Let's not beat around the bush.

It's sad. But considering some of the stuff he and his bros have had to deal with, it's worth mentioning.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He's also black, which pisses off a not-insignificant part of the hockey world. Let's not beat around the bush.

It's sad. But considering some of the stuff he and his bros have had to deal with, it's worth mentioning.
Oh that was implied. Its always implied that people don't like him because he's black.

Lets not beat around the bush, his personality isn't for everyone.

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022

Only in your warped dreams in 2022 is there a non-significant part of the hockey world that cares about skin colour. Give your head a shake, no one cares about that. Also the event that his brother went through in the minors turned out to be fake and was a muscle man gesture but you probably don't want to acknowledge that.

PK Subban deserves a contract offer, but at this point in the offseason his options are limited and he's basically restricted to a min league deal and it has nothing to do with race but rather skill, rosters being close to set, and something called the cap. These are things that matter in the real hockey world.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Only in your warped dreams in 2022 is there a non-significant part of the hockey world that cares about skin colour. Give your head a shake, no one cares about that.
I'm no Subban fan but I find it extremely hard to believe. That sort of racial subtext might not be obvious or intentional but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Rinne was the best Pred.
When he stopped being that in the finals they lost .

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

I
Maybe he should team up with Leah Hextall and call the play by play as a duet.

Honestly how bad could it be!

TV execs are going to put him on a panel and he will be a worse version of Kevin Biesca………. Biesca is a used to be tough guy when he played for the canucks and got traded to Ana and got soft And lost all hockey value. He even cost the franchise Shea Theodore in the Vegas expansion because he would no waive his no move…. Even though nobody / Vegas was not going to select him anyways, Biesca now takes his cues from Mr politically correct Ron Maclean and 2 goalies.

It’s embarrassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad