Speculation: No takers for PK Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I think there are teams who would be willing to give PK an opportunity, the question is are they willing to give PK what he thinks is deserved?

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Extremely surprised he hasn't signed anywhere yet. I suspect he has a few <900,000 1 year deals on the table, but is waiting on something better, or to see how some depth charts shake out. He's gonna play SOMEWHERE in the NHL this season if I had to bet on it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think he's already got a job lined up with NBC or ESPN. It will probably pay more than anyone would now be willing to pay him to play hockey.

Reactions: topshelf15

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Gimme 1 mr Subban in Detroit, just to shut up these dudes who think Chiarot is awful, now this dude is beyond awful.

...Shyterot IS awful...he can knock people off the puck in the defensive zone and he can ice it...that's his value, that's pretty much all he is any good at...PK can still transition the puck up the ice; when Shyterot tries it (5 or 6 times a game), all he does is get stripped and cause a 2-on-1/3-on-2 the other way...and yet he'll still continue to try it ad naseum and cause gigantic headaches defensively for his teammates...he's a great PKer simply because his two defensive moves work when you can ice the puck without causing a defensive zone draw...

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Subban's record last year is actually somewhat similar to Lady Bing candidate Dougie Hamilton at 9M.

Subban deserves a contract.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Subban's record last year is actually somewhat similar to Lady Bing candidate Dougie Hamilton at 9M.

Subban deserves a contract.

How was Douglas last year?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He is a cancer in the room …… A me first player!

Any team that picks him up will drop in the standings.

Nashville would have been r aa Stanley Cup Champion if they never made the Subhan for Webber trade!

Mouthwash in the travel bag after the Crosby media thing in the Stanley cup final was a joke…….

On ice antics …… embarrassed his team mates…… teammates jyst shake their heads.

Flashy suits yelling “look at me”

He is a punk ! …… Showboat!!!!!! Piece of crap player!

He should go into broadcasting ….. join the goalies /McLean and Hextall……all four of which are the worst broadcasters on the air……. He will fit right in!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Nashville would have been r aa Stanley Cup Champion if they never made the Subhan for Webber trade!

Mouthwash in the travel bag after the Crosby media thing in the Stanley cup final was a joke…….

He should go into broadcasting ….. join the goalies /McLean and Hextall……all four of which are the worst broadcasters on the air……. He will fit right in!
Wow, you forgot:

Ran over my dog! :skeptic:

Reactions: Wats and holy

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Subban is still good enough to warrant a minimum contract. Surprised he's out here for this long

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Slew foots catching up to him

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
...Shyterot IS awful...he can knock people off the puck in the defensive zone and he can ice it...that's his value, that's pretty much all he is any good at...PK can still transition the puck up the ice; when Shyterot tries it (5 or 6 times a game), all he does is get stripped and cause a 2-on-1/3-on-2 the other way...and yet he'll still continue to try it ad naseum and cause gigantic headaches defensively for his teammates...he's a great PKer simply because his two defensive moves work when you can ice the puck without causing a defensive zone draw...
........yeah.......Ok.......thanks......for........your.........feedback....

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’d like him back in Montreal. Problem is their is no cap space left for him unless he takes a one year, one million type of contract.

Habs are very weak on RD and also the media loves him for obvious reasons. I think he would be a good for because it will be a long season in Montreal. They will have a bottom feeding team and I’d rather the media be interviewing Subban over Suzuki or Caufield. Keep some pressure off of the young guys in the room.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Sorry what does this pertain to? This is the first I have ever heard of this... nevermind i see your explanation further along carry on
Dont like the odds of you getting an answer out of him, he comes up with a lot of BS all the time in the Leafs threads.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He is polarizing. It’s tougher for polarizing player who are not stars anymore. Some teams will shy away from a guy who has too much individual notoriety. I think there is one more issue with Subban that may be at issue. While he was popular with the young players I am not convinced it was for the right reasons. He lives large and probably shared a lot of that with the young players. Some teams will want a more benign personality interacting with the young guys.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets

People still think he’s a locker room cancer? How cute. Until the Devils got Marino and Brendan Smith, there were some fans who wanted him back for a year because he’s still a good 3rd RHD on top of the fact that everyone in that locker room loved him. He was a great mentor on a young team and the kids had a lot of fun with him.

We don’t have room for him anymore, but I hope the reason he’s not signed isn’t because of this BS perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad