Speculation: No takers for PK Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
With his $9M per year deal now done it's a given that he'll be taking a massive pay cut, but I have not heard a single rumour of any teams interested in his services. Could PK find himself without a team when training camps open? Does he take a PTO?

Reactions: Neil Racki

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I THINK his actual salary was 2 mil last year after a bonus... so I don't think he's looking for 9 mil again... I think some team can have him for 1-2 years at 4-5 mil per at the most... but who knows if/where he wants to play. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets eaten up by a network. He wasn't bad last year either.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I figured he would get offered a $1mil for 1yr deal on a team that needs an extra 3RD. Or, if there are early season injuries.

Otherwise, I think he will gladly slide into a network role. I do actually like him there and I think he could develop into a great intermission analyst.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I THINK his actual salary was 2 mil last year after a bonus... so I don't think he's looking for 9 mil again... I think some team can have him for 1-2 years at 4-5 mil per at the most... but who knows if/where he wants to play. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets eaten up by a network. He wasn't bad last year either.
$4-5M….

only a few teams have that space. I don’t see any of them paying that

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
$4-5M….

only a few teams have that space. I don’t see any of them paying that
Yeah that's probably high. I think the other issue is I would imagine he would be willing to play in LA, Toronto, Montreal, NYC area, or Florida so he can keep connected with the other stuff he has going on... nothing wrong with that.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tremendous career for PK - one of my favorite players ever. Very very likeable, especially off the ice, has always been very generous and charismatic.

I hope a team signs him. I think if he's signed with lower expectations, he could still do well. I wonder if he could even be a solid #2 on a team with an elite #1D, to complement a first pair? I honestly haven't seen him play a lot in past couple of years.

I would take him back on the Habs in a heartbeat, but not sure that's likely to happen. Fans would love this, and in a year where we're expected to rebuild, no real risk.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He's a 20 points puck moving D, I'm sure he'll land somewhere.
To Buffalo, where his brother is
To Montréal for the nostalgia,
To Minnesota, where they don't have a lot of cap space and could take a chance on him returning to a 30pts form.
To Seattle to bring people into seats.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not a ton of openings left, ballpark RD depth across the league:

ANA: Drysdale-Shattenkirk-Helleson?
CGY: Andersson-Weegar-Tanev(injured)-Meloche
EDM: Bouchard-Ceci-Barrie
LAK: Doughty-Walker-Roy-Durzi
SJS: Karlsson-Benning-Merkley
SEA: Larsson-Dunn(LH)-Schultz-Borgen
VAN: Myers-Schenn-Poolman
VGK: Pietrangelo-Theodore(LH)-Whitecloud

ARZ: Stecher-Brown-Mayo-Timmins
CHI: S.Jones-Murphy-?
COL: Makar-Manson-Johnson
DAL: Heiskanen(LH)-Miller-Hakanpaa
MIN: Spurgeon-Dumba-Merrill(LH)-Addison
NSH: McDonagh(LH)-Fabbro-Carrier
STL: Parayko-Faulk-Bortuzzo
WPG: Schmidt(LH)-Pionk-DeMelo

BOS: McAvoy(injured)-Carlo-Clifton
BUF: Dahlin(LH)-Jokiharju-Lyubushkin-Priskie
DET: Seider-Hronek-Lindstrom-Pysyk
FLO: Ekblad-Montour-Gudas
MON: Savard-Wideman-Barron
OTT: Zaitsev-Hamonic-Zub
TBL: Cernak-Myers-Foote-Bogosian
TOR: Brodie(LH)-Holl-Liljegren

CAR: Pesce-Burns-Coghlan-Bear
CLB: Boqvist-Gudbranson-Peeke-Blankenburg
NJD: Hamilton-Severson-Marino-Nemec
NYI: Dobson-Pulock-Mayfield
NYR: Fox-Trouba-Schneider-Lundkvist
PHI: Ellis*-Ristolainen-DeAngelo-Braun-Attard
PIT: Letang-Petry-Rutta-Ruhwedel-Friedman
WSH: Carlson-Jensen-van Riemsdyk

Maybe spots in Anaheim, Chicago, and Buffalo. Klingberg will probably need to sign first which could provide clarity on the market. Possibly with the McAvoy injury, Boston could be a fit. They had been rumored at keeping an eye on Subban last year.

But just to echo what others have said, cheap 1 year deal seems more likely at this point.

Reactions: Yemeth

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
League minimum for this guy. Still solid bottom pairing but not sure if he has the leadership qualities that teams usually look for with a signing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad