OT: No Leaf hockey... what you doing?

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I picked up a bottle of Lagavulin Offerman Edition Guiness Cask Finish that I've been saving for the holidays so ... good times ahead. :)

I don't even see this Guiness version listed on lcbo.com anymore so this might be the first and last bottle of it I will ever drink. :(
Don't be discouraged. When I first bought my wine fridge that holds around 250 bottles I raced around LCBO's trying to get good, ageable wine at a decent price. Filled it pretty quickly, and had to watch all the new interesting offerings sail by.
The lesson I learned is applicable to whiskey as well as wine: There are oceans of the stuff being produced, with a lot of it very, very good.
If you miss one offering, another three will come by shortly.
Having said that, still hoarding my last litre of Lagavulin Special Distillers edition, left over from my odyssean journeys to Africa through Heathrow, where I would get all my juniors to buy it at duty free for me.
The good old days.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
For some reason I want to make the best pizza in the world, Ive been watching alot of youtube videos, probably going to get a pizza oven built in the back patio this spring. Currently making so many I'm delivering to the neighbours. lol!

I have 2 teenage boys, so if you find 6 Large meat lovers pies you need to get rid of, let me know....... :)

To those of you having a tough time, hang in there. It feels like we've taken a step back lately, but there is so much to look forward to, and this is a safe place to say "I'm not alright today". We've all been there, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Tough times don't last, but tough people do, and this too shall pass. Stay strong, do what makes you happy and each day puts us one day closer to when we can get back to doing what we love and being with those we love too...... we just need to get through, and help each other along the way.

Cheers all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I have 2 teenage boys, so if you find 6 Large meat lovers pies you need to get rid of, let me know....... :)

To those of you having a tough time, hang in there. It feels like we've taken a step back lately, but there is so much to look forward to, and this is a safe place to say "I'm not alright today". We've all been there, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Tough times don't last, but tough people do, and this too shall pass. Stay strong, do what makes you happy and put each day puts us one day closer to when we can get back to doing what we love and being with those we love too...... we just need to get through, and help each other along the way.

Cheers all.
Steelers beating the Chiefs this weekend will make all things right in my world.....for a little while anyway.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Don't be discouraged. When I first bought my wine fridge that holds around 250 bottles I raced around LCBO's trying to get good, ageable wine at a decent price. Filled it pretty quickly, and had to watch all the new interesting offerings sail by.
The lesson I learned is applicable to whiskey as well as wine: There are oceans of the stuff being produced, with a lot of it very, very good.
If you miss one offering, another three will come by shortly.
Having said that, still hoarding my last litre of Lagavulin Special Distillers edition, left over from my odyssean journeys to Africa through Heathrow, where I would get all my juniors to buy it at duty free for me.
The good old days.
I sort of collect wine as well, our house had a fruit cellar, I built shelves, installed a couple of small fridges in a wall. Bottom line it is now the wine cellar. lol! Currently the cooler for the room is kaput. Can't get a replacement as everyone is out of stock...

Anyway in 2007 I fluked into a brand called Dominus. I bought 3 bottles in each year 07,08,09 for around 99 bucks a bottle, In 2010 I passed because the price had risen to 175 a bottle. Robert Parker rated it 100... Anyway the price of the stuff has just skyrocketed currently sells for 300 plus a bottle, Restaurants will charge 600.

I'm definitely not a connoisseur because it all tastes the same to me. 30 bucks a bottle 300 bucks a bottle :(

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Steelers beating the Chiefs this weekend will make all things right in my world.....for a little while anyway.

I asked Santa for it, along with the Ravens, Bengals, Browns, and every AFC Wild Card team to lose.

It's not asking too much, is it???

Told myself at the beginning of the season that they would be a 50/50 team and it's painfully obvious they have no offence and I should be looking forward to the Draft more, and here I am, sucked in again.

...... hm, I wonder what other sports team does that to you???? :huh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I asked Santa for it, along with the Ravens, Bengals, Browns, and every AFC Wild Card team to lose.

It's not asking too much, is it???

Told myself at the beginning of the season that they would be a 50/50 team and it's painfully obvious they have no offence and I should be looking forward to the Draft more, and here I am, sucked in again.

...... hm, I wonder what other sports team does that to you???? :huh:
Sounds like another sucker I know. :laugh:

If only Denver came through last week would have been perfect.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I sort of collect wine as well, our house had a fruit cellar, I built shelves, installed a couple of small fridges in a wall. Bottom line it is now the wine cellar. lol! Currently the cooler for the room is kaput. Can't get a replacement as everyone is out of stock...

Anyway in 2007 I fluked into a brand called Dominus. I bought 3 bottles in each year 07,08,09 for around 99 bucks a bottle, In 2010 I passed because the price had risen to 175 a bottle. Robert Parker rated it 100... Anyway the price of the stuff has just skyrocketed currently sells for 300 plus a bottle, Restaurants will charge 600.

I'm definitely not a connoisseur because it all tastes the same to me. 30 bucks a bottle 300 bucks a bottle :(

I'd say that sounds like a fortuitous find. But then you say it all tastes the same to you so maybe not so much?

Reactions: Confucius

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd say that sounds like a fortuitous find. But then you say it all tastes the same to you so maybe not so much?
If I was an invester in wine, I'd be over the moon. Lcbo will store it or maybe I'[m thinking of waddingtons. Anyway you buy it they store it you can then sell at auction some time down the road. Like stocks though it can be a slippery slope as sometimes the wine doesn't meet expectations and the price drops.

Edited to Add. Dam!!! its been awhile so I decided to check the price of Dominus. Wine searcher has the 2009 listed at an average price of $524 Canadian. Restaurants would charge a GRAND a bottle Where to buy 2009 Dominus Estate Christian Moueix, Napa Valley | prices & local stores in Canada (wine-searcher.com)

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I love guitars. If you feel like sharing, I'd be interested in pics and hearing about your experience building and playing this guitar as I'm interested in buying a ES335 style guitar one day. Not in the near future, but maybe some day ...
I bought one of these Sept 2019
Eastman T-486 16" Semi hollow
Nitro Cellulose finish
Gotoh Tail-piece and bridge, 18-1 PingWell RM-1239NV Tuners, Stainless steel Medium Jumbo Fretwire
Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Duncan 59 in the bridge CTS 500K pots
Maple Neck, Ebony Fretboard, Pearl inlays, Ivoroid binding, Laminated AAAA Maple Top/back and sides
20201130_104929.jpg

it's a very easy guitar to love

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Apparently this Yellowstone show is amazing, and people keep telling me to watch it do I'll have to give it a look.

Any good comedies, maybe lesser known you can recommend? Honestly I love comedies, but I think I've seen every single one worth watching, but I'd love to be surprised lol. So let a rip.

I've been watching it, it's pretty violent and really plays up the the "gun is king in 'murica" culture, it also has a lot of soap, which I FF through, I do like the landscape and horses though!

Netflix has something called "Norseman" which is good for a chuckle, think of Vikings living with today's social norms

Reactions: as Pure as Evil

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nitro Cellulose finish
Gotoh Tail-piece and bridge, 18-1 PingWell RM-1239NV Tuners, Stainless steel Medium Jumbo Fretwire
Maple Neck, Ebony Fretboard, Pearl inlays, Ivoroid binding, Laminated AAAA Maple Top/back and sides
20201130_104929.jpg

That looks awesome! I have no idea which semi hollow I will get one day but this certainly looks like an option. :)

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I also use a large pan and the bottom is perfect, its the middle that needs improvement . The poolish idea (which is new to me) is certainly worth a try, as is trying multiple rise cycles.
Ya I’m going to try the Poolish method as well

Reactions: egd27

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Nitro Cellulose finish
20201130_104929.jpg

That is very sexy.

This Ibanez is one of the loves of my life:

16401214724451168997729904218240.jpg

Last edited:

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I've been watching it, it's pretty violent and really plays up the the "gun is king in 'murica" culture, it also has a lot of soap, which I FF through, I do like the landscape and horses though!

Netflix has something called "Norseman" which is good for a chuckle, think of Vikings living with today's social norms

That necklace that lady has in norseman sure was something lol

Reactions: therealkoho

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
To all of you wine collectors, why don't you snag a wine kit and make your own. You can get budget kits from Loblaws or get more classy ones from wine shops. Either way it is a fun learning process and you save soooooo much money. I used to make all sorts of wines until I found out I don't like wine and I lost a tonne of weight but I do drink vodka

Reactions: PromisedLand

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
Also does anyone have a good show suggestion on Amazon Prime? I got rid of Netflix just recently because it got expensive but it was handy for suggestions in what to watch. I also download ;)

In all honesty I have been doing movies recently but that is hard to think of vs a show that goes on forever. I like horror and scary and action.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00