OT: No Leaf hockey... what you doing?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Looks like it is inevitable that we won't get Leafs hockey until the 2022 it seems.... 3 Leaf games are now officially postponed (Flames, Canucks, Kraken)

What are you watching, listening, reading etc... since Leaf games are not on anymore and possibly rest of NHL to follow soon.

Catching up on PVRd series, and probably watch some Prime UK crime series, and watching Christmas movies with my wife.

We're talking 3 games right? Heck, that doesn't free up enough to time do everything on my calendar anyway.

And once I'm off call, drinking more.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I live in Seattle and was going to fly home on the 20th after the Kraken game. So now I'm just continuing to hide in my apartment before my flight! Honestly kinda relieved because half of the team is injured or in covid protocol.

I just finished reading 1984 and am currently 2/3 through another book which I'll avoid naming since I'm fearful of spoilers. My biggest book recommendations of the last couple years are Stephen King's 11.22.63 which was insanely good, and The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August which I also really enjoyed.

I just watched Mare of Easttown on HBO. Short murder mystery series, very good and would highly recommend!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think I’m officially depressed. Can’t handle another wave of this and being stuck at home too long and NO HOCKEY is the kicker. Will need to get into some video games again

Am in similar boat. I am bodering on depression and hence this thread. I think if I keep my brains occupied with some interesting movie/tv-series/video-games/books/etc... I think it is easier to cope. I hope folks would talk about what they are watching, reading, doing etc... and may be we haven't thought of it and might go do that and that might help with being stuck in our homes.

Catching up on PVRd series, and probably watch some Prime UK crime series, and watching Christmas movies with my wife.

We're talking 3 games right? Heck, that doesn't free up enough to time do everything on my calendar anyway.

And once I'm off call, drinking more.

That's nice.... At least you are not alone and by yourself so that is good. unless you want to be haha ;)

I live in Seattle and was going to fly home on the 20th after the Kraken game. So now I'm just continuing to hide in my apartment before my flight! Honestly kinda relieved because half of the team is injured or in covid protocol.

I just finished reading 1984 and am currently 2/3 through another book which I'll avoid naming since I'm fearful of spoilers. My biggest book recommendations of the last couple years are Stephen King's 11.22.63 which was insanely good, and The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August which I also really enjoyed.

I just watched Mare of Easttown on HBO. Short murder mystery series, very good and would highly recommend!

Nice. thats interesting. I'd suggest taking the flight asap if you can; they keep changing the rules for international travel :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That's nice.... At least you are not alone and by yourself so that is good. unless you want to be haha ;)

I've considered having a movie night (okay my kids are adults) but maybe on the weekend could get everyone here, and paying $30 to rent a theatre movie.
Sure I could wait 4 months and probably get them online but it would be a throwback to when they were kids.

Funny thing is that here in Alberta Kenny is loosening retrictions for Christmas. You can have up to 10 adults vaccinated or not in your home and the entire population of humans under the age of 18.

Oh, and by myself? Only when my wife goes out for an appointment or something, then it's just me and the dogs ... :popcorn:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Spend more time in my car doing Uber eats/Doordash deliveries. This whole Covid situation sucks, has cost me my original career and I have had to pivot to those apps to make a living. At least now I won’t be tempted to come home at 4pm for puck drop and go back out after and can just stay out and make some moolah

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Tonight, headed to Owen Sound to see spiderman with the gf. Probably eat some edibles afterwards.

Rest of the year, just continue on as is. Working, sleeping, eating and likely drinking.

Fun times.

Reactions: PromisedLand

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Wife is ready to pop with baby #3 .. so just sitting around waiting for that to happen :laugh:

Congrats man. Say hey to mini Bert from us and we're all glad to induct another honorary member into Leafs nation, we're trusting you'll show him the way.

I was pretty sour about the cancelation but I'll probably just go watch UFC which I planned on throwing on after the game anyways. Guess I'll just be watching the preliminary card as well.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Am in similar boat. I am bodering on depression and hence this thread. I think if I keep my brains occupied with some interesting movie/tv-series/video-games/books/etc... I think it is easier to cope. I hope folks would talk about what they are watching, reading, doing etc... and may be we haven't thought of it and might go do that and that might help with being stuck in our homes.

Nice. thats interesting. I'd suggest taking the flight asap if you can; they keep changing the rules for international travel :laugh:
I can see the USA from my front yard, and might just take a quick road trip over for “groceries” before they close it down again. I really want some chic fil a… that sweet tea is literal crack

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Tonight, headed to Owen Sound to see spiderman with the gf. Probably eat some edibles afterwards.

Rest of the year, just continue on as is. Working, sleeping, eating and likely drinking.

Fun times.
Enjoy! NWH was beyond fantastic. I won’t say more as to avoid giving away anything

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'll finish off Season 3 of Succession sooner than originally thought, and probably watch a movie or two. Will catch a bit more of the NFL tonight and tomorrow than originally expected as well.

All of this will result in my swearing at my TV significantly less and probably having a generally better attitude lol

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2