Proposal: NJDevils proposals - CHI, MIN, CGY, SJS, FLA, VAN

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The interest in Fiala for Holtz+ is less about high interest in Holtz than it is resignation to the fact that this trade isn't likely to go all that well for us.

If New Jersey is interested in Fiala, Holtz+ is probably their best offer and it's not impossible that it ends up being the best one Guerin gets.

Has there been any indication on what type of contract Fiala is looking for? I would imagine he would like playing with his Swiss buddies Nico and Siegs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Has there been any indication on what type of contract Fiala is looking for? I would imagine he would like playing with his Swiss buddies Nico and Siegs
Mostly there were rumors around their last round of negotiations last summer, but I don't know how credible any of it was: Guerin was allegedly offering $6m x 3 years while Fiala wanted "Kaprizov money." Either way it doesn't sound like talks got very far before the Wild filed for arbitration.

At this point I doubt they've seriously discussed an extension and there hasn't been any new information. It sounds likely that Fiala wants term and my own guess is that the AAV starts with an 8, but it's hard to say. I do think the prospect of playing with Hischier could grease the wheels a little, though that has more to do with Hischier's skill than his nationality.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I'm pointing out that I was already called out and acknowledged it.

you do know "secondary call outs" aren't a thing?
dont know what your talking about

you posted something that wasnt true. I clicked on reply and corrected you. Thats it. You dont need to think any further.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
dont know what your talking about

you posted something that wasnt true. I clicked on reply and corrected you. Thats it. You dont need to think any further.
someone already corrected me though. In the exact same thread you proclaim to have "read".

perhaps get a napkin to wipe off all the egg on your face.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
someone already corrected me though. In the exact same thread you proclaim to have "read".

It’s not worth it, my guy.

DeBrincat doesn’t have this outlandish value many think he does. His next contract is going to be 9 million a year minimum which cuts his value down a ton.

Hawks fans think because Hagel returned two firsts to get Cat the offer starts at McDavid and Drai.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
I would do that Calgary deal as a Flames fan as long as we can get Gaudreau locked up long term. Will be hard to fit him and Chucky in long term with them both being up this year and I personally choose Johnny over Tkachuck every time.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I like the lists and would include one to the Jets for Hellebuyck .
Instead of fixed trade assets from the Devils I’d just offer a choice of players/ picks out of
#2 overall
Holtz
Ty Smith
Zacha
Foote

Id also consider moving Gritsyuk , but I don’t think other fan bases are that high on him and I see him as a prospect as good if not better than Holtz .

I have no desire to add Garland.
A proposal for Pastrnak would be cool to see as well. I’d guess it would take pick #2 plus Holtz plus ?? I know it’s very very very unlikely he is moved but if Bergeron retires and it seems that Pasta wants the moon for his next contraCTs , I could see a very slim chance that Boston might think about moving him
everybody would ask for the 2nd and holtz in return for their unwanted pieces.

i hope the devils stay patient. aside from enforcement between the pipes, i don't see any urgency on the roster. adding to the rhd pipeline is obviously a big need as well, but the draft could really help. at all the other position, there are plenty of prospects, who could develop into roster pieces.

worst thing a non play-off team can do, is fill up the cap with players, they will have to pay to get rid off. bergevin used all his cap space in one summer and yes, they made a surprise appearance in the finals. just in the next off-season they lost two of their top three centers as cap causalities and ended the season in last place. i have posted this like a 100 times:
1) draft and develop until the team makes the po
2) you can be opportunistic and add some veterans without long term cap implications (dougie was kind of an error already)
3) evaluate the po results and look to add the missing pieces on the roster to truly contend.

trading holtz or foote to find out we lack shooters or physical wings for the po battles would be unfortunate.

Bit of both
you can't win battles you avoid.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
No it,s not. You would have to add another 1st for the Hawks to even consider moving DeBrincat.
i can understand the ask from a chicago perspective, but it doesn't make sense from nj side.

if debrincat had two additional years on his 6.4m contract, he would be worth it for the devils. with him needing an extension in the same off-season as severson and siegenthaler the window of opportunity could close before it opens.

Reactions: Sinbad

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

you said Strome does all the physical work for Debrincat. That may be one of the most out of touch nonsense I have read on these boards. Once I read it I clicked reply and replied. Its that simple. Its your fault people are correcting you not mine. All you have to do is not post out of your ass.

You acting like a victim is wild.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinbad

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Alex DeBrincat is a good player but as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do that trade. We already have Bratt who avoids or sucks at board battles and Hughes who is great but often can get pushed around.

Meanwhile Chicago has Kane who is like Bratt but has generational talent to make up for it and they have Strome to do the physical battles.

I just don't think inserting him in NJ will lead to the same success that he has had with the Hawks.

There’s so much wrong in this, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin, the idea the DeBrincat isn’t tough or the idea that Strome is a physical player accomplished at board battles.

• Haha
Reactions: Clownish

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
i can understand the ask from a chicago perspective, but it doesn't make sense from nj side.

if debrincat had two additional years on his 6.4m contract, he would be worth it for the devils. with him needing an extension in the same off-season as severson and siegenthaler the window of opportunity could close before it opens.
I can respect that and agree it is not an acquisition the Devils should make at this point. Just like it doesn’t make sense for the Hawks to trade a top ten goal scorer for anything less then an extreme overpay.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
you said Strome does all the physical work for Debrincat. That may be one of the most out of touch nonsense I have read on these boards. Once I read it I clicked reply and replied. Its that simple. Its your fault people are correcting you not mine. All you have to do is not post out of your ass.

You acting like a victim is wild.
changing your story again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad