Proposal: NJDevils proposals - CHI, MIN, CGY, SJS, FLA, VAN

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I like the fact that the OP is trading the second overall multiple times. If NJ could return both DeBrincat AND Takchuk for the same pick that would be a great accomplishment.

Comments like this is what encourage people to post their trades in separate threads rather than confined to one.

I don’t believe anyone ever suggested the OP was six trades that could all be made. They’re six distinct standalone proposals not meant to be done in combination.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Comments like this is what encourage people to post their trades in separate threads rather than confined to one.

I don’t believe anyone ever suggested the OP was six trades that could all be made. They’re six distinct standalone proposals not meant to be done in combination.
I'm a NJ fan. I was just teasing and being silly. I understood the original post and figured everyone else would as well. I realize there is plenty of "Team X hangs up the phone and blocks the Number of team Y and [insert barely compliant with terms of service insult to fan base and team Y] but that's not what I was going for here.

Reactions: Smitty426

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You seem shocked at the price it would take to acquire a 24-year-old who's 7th in the league in goals over the past 4 years, especially when CHI has no incentive to move him.

Not shocked at anything, considering neither you nor I have any pull within our favorite organizations. You can say whatever you want.

What I said was I bet you would take a top 2 pick plus one of the best prospects in the league for a guy rumored to be on the trade market.

If Debrincat does get moved (no idea if he will or won't), there is no chance the package comes anywhere close to that value.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I feel like, if you want a 24-year-old who's 7th in the league in goals since 2018-19, I need more coming back and certainly not taking on a cap dump unless it's justifiable.

Make it 2nd O/A + Luke Hughes + Tomas Tatar and I'd probably do it.

You'd probably do it.. LOL

They'd take that and run, even 2nd OA and Holtz should probably get accepted

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Not shocked at anything, considering neither you nor I have any pull within our favorite organizations. You can say whatever you want.

What I said was I bet you would take a top 2 pick plus one of the best prospects in the league for a guy rumored to be on the trade market.

If Debrincat does get moved (no idea if he will or won't), there is no chance the package comes anywhere close to that value.

DeBrincat is not "rumored to be on the trade market". The Hawks are simply willing to listen on any player. Like they listened on Hagel and got a haul for him. I imagine you would have said the same of Hagel, that there would be "no chance" he gets multiple 1st round picks and a couple young players in return. And yet, it happened.

You'd probably do it.. LOL

They'd take that and run, even 2nd OA and Holtz should probably get accepted

Going to have to blow CHI away for them to trade DeBrincat.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Alex DeBrincat is a good player but as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do that trade. We already have Bratt who avoids or sucks at board battles and Hughes who is great but often can get pushed around.

Meanwhile Chicago has Kane who is like Bratt but has generational talent to make up for it and they have Strome to do the physical battles.

I just don't think inserting him in NJ will lead to the same success that he has had with the Hawks.
You must not watch the blackhawks.

Strome is the softest player I have ever seen. Debrincat is worth more then 2nd in this draft and plays both sides of the puck and is physical.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
DeBrincat is not "rumored to be on the trade market". The Hawks are simply willing to listen on any player. Like they listened on Hagel and got a haul for him. I imagine you would have said the same of Hagel, that there would be "no chance" he gets multiple 1st round picks and a couple young players in return. And yet, it happened.

Going to have to blow CHI away for them to trade DeBrincat.

2nd OA plus Holtz, is a great offer, it may not work for Chicago if they're not going full rebuild, but it's more than enough value for a player of DeBrincat's ability

Reactions: BHawk21

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You must not watch the blackhawks.

Strome is the softest player I have ever seen. Debrincat is worth more then 2nd in this draft and plays both sides of the puck and is physical.
I suggest reading the post right after mine.:thumbu:

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Alex DeBrincat is a good player but as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do that trade. We already have Bratt who avoids or sucks at board battles and Hughes who is great but often can get pushed around.

Meanwhile Chicago has Kane who is like Bratt but has generational talent to make up for it and they have Strome to do the physical battles.

I just don't think inserting him in NJ will lead to the same success that he has had with the Hawks.
”Strome to do the physical battles“…. LOL, you obviously don’t watch Blackhawks hockey at all. DeBrincat is way more physical then Strome.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
2nd OA plus Holtz, is a great offer, it may not work for Chicago if they're not going full rebuild, but it's more than enough value for a player of DeBrincat's ability
No it,s not. You would have to add another 1st for the Hawks to even consider moving DeBrincat.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
”Strome to do the physical battles“…. LOL, you obviously don’t watch Blackhawks hockey at all. DeBrincat is way more physical then Strome.
Two in a row. who would have thunk it...

I suggest reading the post right after mine.

MNPios4

Aug 12, 2020
Chicago:
Debrincat to NJ for 2nd overall pick + Ty Smith + Tomas Tatar

Minnesota:
Fiala to NJ for Alex Holtz + Nolan Foote

Calgary:
Tkachuk to NJ for 2nd overall pick + Ty Smith + Jesper Boqvist + Pavel Zacha

San Jose:
Meier to NJ for Alex Holtz + Nolan Foote

Florida:
Knight to NJ for 2nd overall pick + Ty Smith

Vancouver:
Garland to NJ for Pavel Zacha + Nolan Foote + 2022 3rd round pick
Minnesota:
Fiala to NJ for Alex Holtz + Riley Walsh would be more acceptable...MN has too many LHS players

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I suggest educating yourself about players before coming on here and making absurd assessments about their strengths and weaknesses.
Sure boss, just like you probably educate yourself on all the NHL players.:sarcasm:

thats the correct value IMO

So you were corrected a bunch. So what.
it shows that It was already acknowledged and there was no point in you even posting. Sorry that your attention span is so short that reading through a 2 page thread is too hard for you.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sure boss, just like you probably educate yourself on all the NHL players.:sarcasm:

it shows that It was already acknowledged and there was no point in you even posting. Sorry you're attention span is so short that reading through a 2 page thread is too hard for you.
People read down. We saw your comment. Noticed it was complete BS and commented on the BS.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Minnesota:
Fiala to NJ for Alex Holtz + Riley Walsh would be more acceptable...MN has too many LHS players
As a Devils fan I would do that trade.

Holtz though based off how he's developing seems to be needing a lot of carrying as shown in recent AHL playoffs. He was pretty easily shutdown by the other team.

So he might not be as great a "get" as you think he is, Though Fiala is a UFA so perhaps a high end prospect with some question marks is a good deal?

People read down. We saw your comment. Noticed it was complete BS and commented on the BS.
You obviosly didn't or you would have clearly typed something else in your first post directed at me.

Keep clowning though.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Holtz though based off how he's developing seems to be needing a lot of carrying as shown in recent AHL playoffs. He was pretty easily shutdown by the other team.

So he might not be as great a "get" as you think he is, Though Fiala is a UFA so perhaps a high end prospect with some question marks is a good deal?

You obviosly didn't or you would have clearly typed something else in your first post directed at me.

Keep clowning though.
I dont know what you are saying I was reading the thread. Saw some made up nonsense that you posted and commented on it. Thats it. Nothing else. You are the one who made up stuff dont be mad at me and others for calling you out on it.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I dont know what you are saying I was reading the thread. Saw some made up nonsense that you posted and commented on it. Thats it. Nothing else. You are the one who made up stuff dont be mad at me and others for calling you out on it.
I'm pointing out that I was already called out and acknowledged it.

you do know "secondary call outs" aren't a thing?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

The interest in Fiala for Holtz+ is less about high interest in Holtz than it is resignation to the fact that this trade isn't likely to go all that well for us.

If New Jersey is interested in Fiala, Holtz+ is probably their best offer and it's not impossible that it ends up being the best one Guerin gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad