Calgary:
Tkachuk to NJ for 2nd overall pick + Ty Smith + Jesper Boqvist + Pavel Zacha

San Jose:
Meier to NJ for Alex Holtz + Nolan Foote

Florida:
Knight to NJ for 2nd overall pick + Ty Smith

Vancouver:
Garland to NJ for Pavel Zacha + Nolan Foote + 2022 3rd round pick
That Vancovuer trade is terrible for the Canucks. 3 total worthless players for a top6 W who scores at a 60pts+ rate / season and who's a pest... Why are they doing this. Not like Zacah could ever become a top6 F or like Foote had any chance of becoming one either.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
small props to OP SG, for at least including Holtz and 2OA in 4 of these proposals

Canucks deal only tempts Vancouver if they commit to re-signing Miller, Boeser, etc, so need to move Garland's Cap Hit, Even then, they likely can bring back a piece with higher anticipated upside, quality over quantity

seems, to me, more likely that any Zacha deal will be a "change of scenery" swap -
league seems flush with many, many young guys, already with a handful of NHL seasons, but haven't found their 'stride' or consistency

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN would accept Holtz as main piece, but probably prefer another prospect/2nd over Foote. They have a TON of LHS wings, and LHS wing prospects.

So, it's a close, and reasonable, offer.:thumbu:

I think the FL offer is also very fair, CHI also.

Reactions: My3Sons

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m not opposed to the Sharks one as I think the value is fair or close to it but I also see no chance the Sharks accept due to them not wanting to move Timo.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Not horrible, just doesn't make a lot of sense.

If it was Zacha, Walsh and a pick, for Garland I think it's a lot closer to reality
Or Severson straight across for Garland
That would be closer because Walsh fits a need but still would not be close to enough unless that pick is a 1st round pick (obviously not 2nd ovr)

Canucks have 0 need for Zacha. We have a worse version of him in Dickinson already. We already have too many middle 6 forwards with Hoglander/Podkolzin/Dickinson/Pearson that we should not be trading one of our 5 top 6 forwards away for another lesser piece.

We would be much better off just trading him for a better prospect + pick and signing a UFA. Zacha is easily replaceable on the UFA market. Isn't the rumor that NJ may not even qualify him due to his QO being too high for their liking? So he may be available as a UFA even.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I like the lists and would include one to the Jets for Hellebuyck .
Instead of fixed trade assets from the Devils I’d just offer a choice of players/ picks out of
#2 overall
Holtz
Ty Smith
Zacha
Foote

Id also consider moving Gritsyuk , but I don’t think other fan bases are that high on him and I see him as a prospect as good if not better than Holtz .

I have no desire to add Garland.
A proposal for Pastrnak would be cool to see as well. I’d guess it would take pick #2 plus Holtz plus ?? I know it’s very very very unlikely he is moved but if Bergeron retires and it seems that Pasta wants the moon for his next contraCTs , I could see a very slim chance that Boston might think about moving him

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Not horrible, just doesn't make a lot of sense.

If it was Zacha, Walsh and a pick, for Garland I think it's a lot closer to reality
Or Severson straight across for Garland
Zacha makes zero sense whatsoever for the Canucks, and Nolan Foote looks like he's a career AHLr by now. Garland in an effective top6F... You aren't gtting a 60+pts winger for a 4th liner, a AHLer and a 3rd rd pick

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
That would be closer because Walsh fits a need but still would not be close to enough unless that pick is a 1st round pick (obviously not 2nd ovr)

Canucks have 0 need for Zacha. We have a worse version of him in Dickinson already. We already have too many middle 6 forwards with Hoglander/Podkolzin/Dickinson/Pearson that we should not be trading one of our 5 top 6 forwards away for another lesser piece.

We would be much better off just trading him for a better prospect + pick and signing a UFA. Zacha is easily replaceable on the UFA market. Isn't the rumor that NJ may not even qualify him due to his QO being too high for their liking? So he may be available as a UFA even.

The rumour of him not getting qualified came from a Vancouver reporter who was trying to acquire him without giving up anything.
Same dude said Dickinson for Zacha was reasonable... It's not.

The reason Zacha's name keeps coming up is, Vancouver wanted him. They may not want him now, but the certainly did.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Alex DeBrincat is a good player but as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do that trade. We already have Bratt who avoids or sucks at board battles and Hughes who is great but often can get pushed around.

Meanwhile Chicago has Kane who is like Bratt but has generational talent to make up for it and they have Strome to do the physical battles.

I just don't think inserting him in NJ will lead to the same success that he has had with the Hawks.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Alex DeBrincat is a good player but as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do that trade. We already have Bratt who avoids or sucks at board battles and Hughes who is great but often can get pushed around.

Meanwhile Chicago has Kane who is like Bratt but has generational talent to make up for it and they have Strome to do the physical battles.

I just don't think inserting him in NJ will lead to the same success that he has had with the Hawks.
Nothing physical about Dylan Strome I can guarantee that.

Reactions: Sinbad

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Zacha makes zero sense whatsoever for the Canucks, and Nolan Foote looks like he's a career AHLr by now. Garland in an effective top6F... You aren't gtting a 60+pts winger for a 4th liner, a AHLer and a 3rd rd pick
Foote looked good at the last part of the season. He missed a ton of hockey the past two years. I wouldn’t say he is a career AHL’er yet.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I feel like, if you want a 24-year-old who's 7th in the league in goals since 2018-19, I need more coming back and certainly not taking on a cap dump unless it's justifiable.

Make it 2nd O/A + Luke Hughes + Tomas Tatar and I'd probably do it.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Huh.

If you don't mind me asking how does Debrincat's line work then? Is it mostly goals generated off the rush?
Rush and possession. Debrincat will go in the corners and board battle from those three.

Strome just reaches his stick in, doesn’t use him body much of all.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Foote looked good at the last part of the season. He missed a ton of hockey the past two years. I wouldn’t say he is a career AHL’er yet.

You,re still asking for a top6F on a good contract for a bottom 6er with a terrible QO, a B- / C prospect and a 3rd. Gotta give to get.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Rush and possession. Debrincat will go in the corners and board battle from those three.

Strome just reaches his stick in, doesn’t use him body much of all.
Someone that small winning board batlles? Sounds like the perfect person to teach Devils players how to do that.

I take it back, I am okay with the trade.:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad