Proposal: NJDevils proposals - CHI, MIN, CGY, SJS, FLA, VAN

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I see Fitz saying this is just normal protocol by a GM prior to the draft . Happens every year where a GM comes out and says they would entertain trading the pick. It very rarely ever happens. It would have to be a crazy overpay in my opinion before the Devils move it. It would take a bunch of very rare circumstances to happen. One, if the Habs go off the board and take who the Devils wanted on top of their list. Then , they would weigh their options and decide whether or not to just take Wright for themselves or hold him random and see if a team overpays for him.
I’m not sure if the Devils would prefer one elite player in return or a combination of swapping picks in the first round plus an asset . Maybe if the Devils think they can get Cutter Gauthier or Chesley with their swapped pick plus a good player , they might think about it.
If a straight trade of their pick for a player , I’d have to imagine it would be for one player. And one hell of a player that would make people here say “WTF! They traded him for the pick!” - aka a Pastrnak or Tkachuk .(Devils could add to the pick).
A Garland / Miller / Fiala is not going to get the #2 pick unless there is an additional add.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
TIL- Alex DeBrincat is a two way power forward who can run over defenders in the corner and score so many goals he’s elite.

If you can make a hybrid of Connor McDavid and Chuck Norris, you would have Alex DeBrincat.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Dont know what your saying but I am glad we were able to teach you somthing.
Yeah, editing

"This is a conspiracy against you"
to
"This is not a conspiracy against you."

Doesn't change anything.

Jim Carrey does your shtick waaay better.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Yeah, editing

"This is a conspiracy against you"
to
"This is not a conspiracy against you."

Doesn't change anything.

Jim Carrey does your shtick waaay better.
I figured you wouldnt understand sarcasm because you have been completely lost throughout our exchange so I dumbed it down for you. Didnt work.

Reactions: Sinbad

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
yeah... and thats why you said this

Are you in China yet? Cause you are digging that hole pretty fast.
I still dont know what you are saying "And clearly a very bad one.:laugh:"

Just admit you made a mistake and we can just move on. People are allowed to correct you if your wrong. You are not a victim.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Just admit you made a mistake and we can just move on. People are allowed to correct you if your wrong. You are not a victim.
Just admit you don't understand common logic and that your a pathological liar.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
what! lmao. What a response! What did I lie about?

You pretended to know about Debrincat and got called out by multiple people. You somehow pretended that everyone else was at fault because multiple people called you out over the same thing.

People read through comments when they see bullshit they click reply and then reply. They dont keep reading to see if morons have already been called out by other posters. I am sorry if you dont like it but its just how it goes.

For future knowledge- Strome is extremely soft and Debrincat isnt.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Please stop derailing this thread for petty posturing, nobody cares who was right or wrong, you're both just making yourselves looks childish

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Please stop derailing this thread for petty posturing, nobody cares who was right or wrong, you're both just making yourselves looks childish
Will do. There is no right or wrong which is the confusing part.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Zacha makes zero sense whatsoever for the Canucks, and Nolan Foote looks like he's a career AHLr by now. Garland in an effective top6F... You aren't gtting a 60+pts winger for a 4th liner, a AHLer and a 3rd rd pick
I didn’t know players from the 2019 draft could be completely written off already, particularly power forwards. (Not arguing for the proposal, just an observation about the scouting.)

Reactions: HBK27

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Chicago is looking for 2nd + Holtz for Debrincat. (Most hawks fans want to build around Debrincat)

It seems like NJ thinks that would be to much. Is there a + that could be added to even that up or is that package not available.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I didn’t know players from the 2019 draft could be completely written off already, particularly power forwards. (Not arguing for the proposal, just an observation about the scouting.)
Guy isn't even close to be PPG at the AHL level and couldn't crack NJ top9...

Chances of him making it to the NHL, let alone be a productive top6 player, are a lot slimmer than beeing a career AHLer at this point

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Mercer is essentially an untouchable at this point. It wouldn't make much sense for NJ to trade him in any realistic deal.

For DeBrincat, the Devils best offer would revolve around 2nd overall + Smith or Holtz + Smith

Reactions: LeedsMonster

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
The Garland deal is tempting, but I think the Canucks refuse. Garland's 5v5 production is a bit too valuable to us, and I'm betting his numbers will go up with some PP time. Value seems about right though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ty Smith has shown nothing to warrant being highly sought

I see Devil fans wanting to unload him in trades which says enough of what you have seen

And Hawks have our own struggling D prospect from that draft taken a bit after him in that round in Nicolas Beaudin so why would we want Smith? Smith has clearly not been ready for NHL and is struggling

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
it really hasn’t been addressed, but this is a giant off-season for the Devils. A TON of decisions to make on new contracts and assets to cash in on to get the team competitive. I think a lot of these trades are realistic, however, the Devils really have to start being smart about the cap as well. With decisions on Zacha and Wood, and a Bratt extension, the dollars available under the cap are going to start dwindling. Mind you, they still need a good G to replace Bernier and possibly Blackwood. As great as it sounds to potentially get two of these top six forwards, if you see what’s made teams successful is having high production from ELC’s.

So with that said, in a vacuum, I think the smartest thing for the Devils to do is to take Slafkovsky, use Holtz in a trade for Fiala or Meier as the center pieces with the Devils obviously adding. I think Holtz is going to be a very good goal scorer, but Slafkovsky offers more of a skill set that the Devils desperately need that is much more rare than what Holtz has the potential to offer. I’m the first person that would absolutely kill for Matthew Tkachuk, but asset cost and economically speaking, the move is to take Slafkovsky and trade for one of the Swiss boys.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
it really hasn’t been addressed, but this is a giant off-season for the Devils. A TON of decisions to make on new contracts and assets to cash in on to get the team competitive. I think a lot of these trades are realistic, however, the Devils really have to start being smart about the cap as well. With decisions on Zacha and Wood, and a Bratt extension, the dollars available under the cap are going to start dwindling. Mind you, they still need a good G to replace Bernier and possibly Blackwood. As great as it sounds to potentially get two of these top six forwards, if you see what’s made teams successful is having high production from ELC’s.

So with that said, in a vacuum, I think the smartest thing for the Devils to do is to take Slafkovsky, use Holtz in a trade for Fiala or Meier as the center pieces with the Devils obviously adding. I think Holtz is going to be a very good goal scorer, but Slafkovsky offers more of a skill set that the Devils desperately need that is much more rare than what Holtz has the potential to offer. I’m the first person that would absolutely kill for Matthew Tkachuk, but asset cost and economically speaking, the move is to take Slafkovsky and trade for one of the Swiss boys.
I agree with what you said. Having usefull pieces on ELC will be important. I think we should establish the core (Hughes brothers , Bratt , Nico , Mercer , Hamilton ) and supplement them as best as possible . Addimg a much needed winger with size is a major need. Slafkovsky addresses that. However , I still thimk we need one more legit top 6 winger . An established guy that is a an elite finisher. Tkachuk is that . However , I am not sure how his contract would mesh well with out other core pieces. Maybe we need to go a slightly cheaper option. I kmow this is not popular at all but E Kane “might” be a fit ? Stylistically for sure he is nut I can’t see Fitz risking messing with the locker room culture with him. Meier would be ideal as well , but again , not sure if his cap hit is the best way to construct a balanced roster?
I am all for trading Holtz and even adding another asset or two to get an elite established scoring winger.
Just not sure who that player would be. I’d even look at trading Holtz + for a goalie if it was someone like Hellebuyck.
I honestly think we should at least take a long hard look at offer-sheeting Ottenger. Have our experts look at what it would take to make the Stars have a very difficult time matching the offer and see if it makes sense from a cap perspective plus if it would be worth the compensation.
I would not be afraid at all to offer the AAV around 6.3 mil per compensation tier where it would be a first plus a third round pick for compensation.
I just believe he is worth it and will be an elite top 5 goalie for years to come.
If that idea is not worth while , I look at offering a massive package for Hellebuyck.
As we have seen in this playoffs , goaltending is a massive massive need to be successful .
We know first hand how bad goaltending can sink a team. I just feel that with elite goaltending , we would be a much better overallteam. Havig a goalie that you can count on makesresonates confidence throughout the entire roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad