Confirmed Trade: [NJD/TOR] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Devils are really taking advantage of these teams dumping salary.

Johnsson is a solid player for sure. Worst time possible to be getting rid of a player like him though.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm surprised they were able to get a team to take AJ at all. Why take on that term when they're are many options still on the market? Many for less.

I agree. I had pretty much thought it impossible to trade guys like Johnsson given the huge amount of cheap options out there.

As for this trade, I'm not particularly thrilled but something had to give. A damn pandemic squeezing the cap will do that I guess.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Terrible value still. AJ is gonna put 25goals for the devils next year and 50ish points. His contract is still gonna be fine. Joey anderson is a worse asset than bracco

On Toronto with the centers they have, maybe. I doubt he reaches those totals in NJ without significant PP time.

He's a decent middle six forward, but I think some fans were pegging him as being better than he actually is.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rest in peace, 2020 Leafs proposals
You mean Johnnson didn’t net a 2nd and 3rd or move Toronto from 15th OA to 5th OA?

WHAT???

I’d seen Johnsson to the Avs for 25th OA. Laughable then. More laughter able now.

guess it’s Kerfoot for a 2nd and 3rd now? So don’t get ahead of yourself.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Who the *** is Joey Anderson?

My god.

+: Brodie, Simmonds and Joey Anderson (and Amirov)

-: Kapanen and Johnsson

What the *** Dubas.

Is the very good prospect we just picked up in the first round like an afterthought or something?

Is Kap + Johnsson for a 1st and cap space to pick up a very good defensemen supposed to be bad? Honestly with the way this market is shaping up, a 1st back for Kap is looking downright miraculous.

Reactions: Drunken Leafs Fan

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Johnson is a good player. Can skate and produce on all 4 lines. Good energy and knows how to find loose pucks around the net. Sad to see him go but the writing was on the wall.

Reactions: Drunken Leafs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad