Confirmed Trade: [NJD/TOR] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
For the Marlies I guess

Johnsson was lowkey a bad contract for the Leafs.

Joey is an nhl player (maybe not right now for you). Bottom six, energy type guy. Little small, but can grind it out for you. Not a ton of upside. Just a try hard type

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Anderson's decent, kind of that heart and soul type of player you'd want in your bottom 6. In his limited NHL experience he's never really wow'd me, but also didn't stand out in a negative way - he was just kind of there.

Don't mind giving him up for an actual NHL-er at this point.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
It looks like Joey Anderson could be better then Johnsson he‘s still young and looks like a solid player

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm surprised they were able to get a team to take AJ at all. Why take on that term when they're are many options still on the market? Many for less.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Terrible value still. AJ is gonna put 25goals for the devils next year and 50ish points. His contract is still gonna be fine. Joey anderson is a worse asset than bracco

Yeah well teams aren't going to give up assets to help teams out of their cap problems . At least Leafs didn't need to add . Only a couple of teams out there willing to eat salary.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I like this for Toronto

I have never liked that contract for a team that needs to tip toe the cap

Joey Anderson doesn’t seem like the most useless thing ever, so it’s win-win in the six from my perspective

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad