Rumor: NJD interested in Josh Anderson?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Anderson at 50% retained is not even remotely enticing.

This seems like MTL media trying to will something into existence.

Lol at 50% retained there's a lot of teams calling. He's a solid middle 6 guy.

he goes on a team like the Rangers or Tampa, win a Cup, and ye gets the Coleman/Goodrow/Maroon treatment or even more

Except, Bergevin handed him that on a silver plater... but at 50% he's absolutely palatable

Holtz can't get in the lineup because he's too slow, Josh is a slug...

never in a million years

Slug? The guy's a freaking train...

But like a train, don't ask him to turn or stop. A very North South type of guy. Would be useful in the playoffs to run into the opponent's star goalie

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
For those who don't know, the guy this tweet is quoting (Tony) currently works for TVA (essentially French sportsnet) before that worked for TSN.

He doesn't often break news but he definitely has some connections.

Reactions: viceroy

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Lots of teams probably badly want Anderson. He’s a solid middle 6er who’s built for playoffs. The problem is you have to take his contract to get him, and I can’t see Montreal being willing to retain to get him down in the 3.5 million range with the term remaining

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I put the Anderson to NJ rumor at 90% bogus.

1. Devils are on a 13 game heater, You don't mess with success

2. The Devils Have Bratt, Mercer, Zetterlund on the Right side. Zetterlund is tied for 3rd in points among rookies, Bratt is Bratt, and Mercer is doing good and is playing beside Hischier who is the Devils top player at the moment. You don't put Mercer in that position unless you are very high on him.

HOWEVER IF ITS TRUE!

If Anderson was good on leftwing ( I don't know if he is) then perhaps he could be a good Wood replacement IF the habs were willing enough to eat enough of Andersons contract to make it land in the $3.5 million or $4 million dollar range. (thats probably the max the Devils would have done to resign Wood)

Devils would probably want the deal to be
2024 1st + Wood
For
Anderson @ $3.5-$4 million

Montreal would want
Anderson
for
2023 1st

They'd argue over it and something either happens or doesn't.

(I'd assume Wood would then be traded at the deadline by Montreal for probably a 2nd but a lot of GM's covet Woods goal scoring ability and speedy and gritty playstyle. Perhaps they get a 2023 1st or a 2024 1st.)
If you know anything about Hughes, retaining on a long term contract is a non-starter. It makes even less sense to retain on an asset who has been reported to be in high demand.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

This is what was linked on the Devils boards

Sounds like Wood to me and he's cheaper but he's probably going to leave and get the big bucks elswhere.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don’t wanna get Anderson or re-sign Wood.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lots of teams probably badly want Anderson. He’s a solid middle 6er who’s built for playoffs. The problem is you have to take his contract to get him, and I can’t see Montreal being willing to retain to get him down in the 3.5 million range with the term remaining
The cap is expected to rise by 75% of his contract value this summer and should be up double Anderson's contract by the end of it. There has literally never been a time as good as now to buy on these contracts because 5.5 will be average third line money in 5-6 years.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Slug? The guy's a freaking train...

But like a train, don't ask him to turn or stop. A very North South type of guy. Would be useful in the playoffs to run into the opponent's star goalie
more miles of wood

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The cap is expected to rise by 75% of his contract value this summer and should be up double Anderson's contract by the end of it. There has literally never been a time as good as now to buy on these contracts because 5.5 will be average third line money in 5-6 years.
Betting on an future that is uncertain isn't always the best way to get success.

Aliens could invade in the next 6 years and take all t.v channels off the air. Doubt the cap would go up then.👽👾

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad