Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Devils re-sign Kyle Palmieri (5 years, $4.65M AAV)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The same metrics?

How many points in the standings to the Devils get based on metrics?

Because he certainly isn't putting up the same point totals.

what the hell does that even mean? :laugh:

the Devils were in playoff contention all season. They started to fall off near the end when Schneider and a few DMen got hurt. Without Palmieri, they would have been way worse off.

He is scoring at a comparable rate as he was in Anaheim.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Seems like, as a whole, west coast hockey fans don't know as much about eastern teams as eastern fans do western teams. And we're the ones who have to stay up late to watch.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
by the way- to all those pointing out an "unusually high shooting percentage"...Palmieri's shooting % in 2015-16 was 13.5%

his career shooting % in his first 5 years in Anaheim was 11%

that isn't that crazy of a jump...

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Oh good, meet the new David Clarkson.

I'm sure Palmieri will score 30 goals every single year of that contract, right?

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Completely incorrect. I'm here in Southern California, and watched him play many times with the Ducks.

Good little player.

Career high of 31 points before last year.

his ATOI for his 5 year career in Anaheim was 12:26

his ATOI last year in NJ 17:48

think that has something to do with it?

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Completely incorrect. I'm here in Southern California, and watched him play many times with the Ducks.

Good little player.

Good lord...NO CRAP his career high was 31 pts when he was in the bottom 6 with 13 mins a night, before he was given 18mins a night to play in NJ...hos pts/60 have been basically the same his entire career.

Some of these responses are cringeworthy

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Good little player.

Who ever heard of a player getting better once traded.

Insane right...

I'm still shocked at the Clarkson mention. I mean, what?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Good little player.

have you seen him since? granted, he must've not been blatantly good via eye test while in anaheim, hence getting him for only a 2nd and a 3rd, but it seems a large chunk of ducks fans liked him and "knew he was going to do well when given top 6 chances"

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
by the way- to all those pointing out an "unusually high shooting percentage"...Palmieri's shooting % in 2015-16 was 13.5%

his career shooting % in his first 5 years in Anaheim was 11%

that isn't that crazy of a jump...
Difference of 5.5 goals (if he shot at his career % last season with same amount of shots).

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Happy for KP. He's come a long way. He's probably the most skilled player that Anaheim has drafted in the Murray era.

Seems like, as a whole, west coast hockey fans don't know as much about eastern teams as eastern fans do western teams. And we're the ones who have to stay up late to watch.

No, that goes both ways.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Good little player.

Career high of 14:28 ice time before last year, career average of 12:26 in Anaheim. It's weird how someone can get traded and be asked to play a bigger role on his team, eh?

God, this place sometimes.....

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
so if he is an 11% shooter the rest of his career, he'd be a 25 goal scorer

25 goals for under $5 million AAV is still a good deal
Yeah he's a good bet to hit around 25 goals a year if he keeps shooting 200+ shots a year.

And I'm not disagreeing with your last statement. I agree.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
He's a good player. I'm happy for him he's got a better opportunity in New Jersey than he had in Anaheim - but a big part of that is just that New Jersey is a much thinner team at forward and somebody has to score some goals. I call it the "Calder/Bell/Arnason" effect.

But he just got paid to be a perennial 30-goal man, and that's a reach.

If he does it, Devils got a great bargain.

If he goes back to being a 15/15 guy, that contract is not going to look so hot in a few years.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He's a good player. I'm happy for him he's got a better opportunity in New Jersey than he had in Anaheim - but a big part of that is just that New Jersey is a much thinner team at forward and somebody has to score some goals. I call it the "Calder/Bell/Arnason" effect.

If he goes back to being a 15/15 guy, that contract is not going to look so hot in a few years.

His P/60 are nearly identical to what they were in Anaheim.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

$4.6mill is perennial 30 goal scorer money?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
How often do we see career 3rd liners have a good season and then get over paid? It happens every year.

Mason Raymond
Foligno
Komarov last year scored 20 goals and is a career 4th liner.

You can point to whatever stat to justify it, but the same arguments are made every time. Sometimes guys over achieve.

Palmieri is labeled a career 3rd liner based on how he was used for 3 seasons on a stacked Anaheim team when he was 22-24 years old. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad