Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Devils re-sign Kyle Palmieri (5 years, $4.65M AAV)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If he can even somewhat keep his level from last year, this is a very good deal.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Wow what a steal. I would have thought at least $5 million if not closer to 5.5.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Most people figured around $5 mil was fair for him given his production last year but not quite proven resume yet.

The fact that NJD got him under $5 makes this a great deal. Cant at all fault this price tag for a guy on the rise that just scored 30 and is only 25

Even if he regresses back to his career shooting percentage from before this past year, it would drop him down to about 24ish goals per season at the same shot volume, which is still fair value at $4.6 per for a 24-25ish goal scorer

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Looks like a really good contract right after Reilly Smith, who's an easy comparable.

mytduxfan*

Even if Palms regresses to a 20-25 goal scorer, that's still a crazy good deal.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Solid deal. I'm glad we didn't pay too much as Palmieri may regress a bit from this year. If he can maintain as a 25+ goal scorer it's a great deal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Devils have been making some real solid moves.
A silent wildcard to make the playoffs.

moon*

Great deal?

That looks brutal for a guy with one good season and no reason to think that is going to be close to the norm for him.

But if Devils fans are happy as they all seem to be here I guess congrats to you.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
steal of a trade and steal of a contract

damn Shero is killing it this offseason. to think this team was a rotted corpse when he took over

we are not world beater by any means, but compare the team now to when he took charge. incredible job so far.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Great deal?

That looks brutal for a guy with one good season and no reason to think that is going to be close to the norm for him.

But if Devils fans are happy as they all seem to be here I guess congrats to you.

And I thought we might be able to get through this without people making comments like this:laugh:
He has consistently put up the same rates that he put up in Anaheim on New Jersey, but on the Ducks, he was only getting 11 minutes of ice time a night, while in Jersey, he is getting close to 19 minutes a night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad