Pre-Game Talk: NJ @ Wings 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I find myself turning in less and less. We're just not a fun team to watch in any way. No fore checking/hustle, little skill, no PP just nothing interesting

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
As bad as our pp sucks this year, it seems that pp goals in general are down. Anybody else notice this? I mean Columbus who has the best PP only has 35 goals in 48 games. Only on pace for like 60? I remember scoring 90-100 was considered great. We used to do that almost every year.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Is this all on the coach, the players or both? Holland has some blame for not fixing the D.

It's collective. I would say 50% coach 30% Holland 20% players.

Holland should be recognizing that this team's streak will be put to an end if he doesn't wake up and make some serious changes starting from the coach and then hopefully acquiring some players to help now, or as many people on these forums want; sell the old and acquire new, depending on which way he wants to go.. I personally would love to see this streak continue. I think it will be hard to actually contend for a cup by doing so, but it would be kind of neat seeing this franchise beat the all time playoff streak record one day

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
As bad as our pp sucks this year, it seems that pp goals in general are down. Anybody else notice this? I mean Columbus who has the best PP only has 35 goals in 48 games. Only on pace for like 60? I remember scoring 90-100 was considered great. We used to do that almost every year.

big reason for that is powerplay opportunities are down overall, especially from 10 years ago.

Tampa is on pace to lead the league in opportunities this year at about 350. for comparison, in 2005, the team with the highest number of opportunities had 541

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
why did helm purposely head towards the nj player instead of heading towards the net?? could have had a breakaway

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
It's collective. I would say 50% coach 30% Holland 20% players.

Holland should be recognizing that this team's streak will be put to an end if he doesn't wake up and make some serious changes starting from the coach and then hopefully acquiring some players to help now, or as many people on these forums want; sell the old and acquire new, depending on which way he wants to go.. I personally would love to see this streak continue. I think it will be hard to actually contend for a cup by doing so, but it would be kind of neat seeing this franchise beat the all time playoff streak record one day

I am more inclined to say 30 % coach, 30% Gm and 40% players

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So we haven't scored a goal in our last 90-100 minutes of hockey? Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad