Pre-Game Talk: NJ @ Wings 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Not sure about PP2....Rest looks good. Hope we lose.

Yeah, that 2nd PP unit. Tatar and Kronwall have 1 PP point. Helm and Abdelkader have 2 PP points. Only Neilson has been moderately successful with 8 PP points. That is unbelievably bad for this point in the season. I don't get why Sproul isn't seeing any ice time in a sheltered role.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah, that 2nd PP unit. Tatar and Kronwall have 1 PP point. Helm and Abdelkader have 2 PP points. Only Neilson has been moderately successful with 8 PP points. That is unbelievably bad for this point in the season. I don't get why Sproul isn't seeing any ice time in a sheltered role.

Because our Defense is too bad to carry around a guy to get 10 mins of IT, especially when Jensen has played better than both him and Marchy.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Because our Defense is too bad to carry around a guy to get 10 mins of IT, especially when Jensen has played better than both him and Marchy.

The defense has been bad, sure. But the PP has been abysmal. It needs help. Kronwall isn't cutting it. Sproul isn't going to improve sitting. I guess we'll have to see what he can do once we're completely out of the playoff race. I do agree though, that Jensen has been better than Marchenko especially. The guy can skate, that's for sure.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The defense has been bad, sure. But the PP has been abysmal. It needs help. Kronwall isn't cutting it. Sproul isn't going to improve sitting. I guess we'll have to see what he can do once we're completely out of the playoff race. I do agree though, that Jensen has been better than Marchenko especially. The guy can skate, that's for sure.

Well, in my opinion, Sproul has been our #9 D out there this season. Below everyone. Brendan Smith has as many points on the PP this season in 3/4 of the ice time (40 vs 52)

If Jensen wasn't 26 no one would have a problem with him.

We shouldn't carry a kid who looks lost a quarter of the time he's out there because he can play 2:20 a game on the PP and be maybe marginally effective on it.

Edit: Also even though all of us are counting this team out of the playoffs the HC is still trying to make them. Blashill isn't in a develop Sproul mindset - he's in a win games mindset.

Last edited:

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Well, in my opinion, Sproul has been our #9 D out there this season. Below everyone. Brendan Smith has as many points on the PP this season in 3/4 of the ice time (40 vs 52)

We shouldn't carry a kid who looks lost a quarter of the time he's out there because he can play 2:20 a game on the PP and be maybe marginally effective on it.

Edit: Also even though all of us are counting this team out of the playoffs the HC is still trying to make them. Blashill isn't in a develop Sproul mindset - he's in a win games mindset.

Hockeyreference.com has there chance of makin the playoffs at 5.9%. Second worst in the east to the devils 2.9%. The wings have the worst ROW which is the first tiebreaker. If the wings lose tonight, turn off the lights, the party is over. I can't see this team fixing all it's problems and suddenly start winning consistently. Maybe Blashill and Holland do. But realistically it's time now to start making some changes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Sproul has been one of the best

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hockeyreference.com has there chance of makin the playoffs at 5.9%. Second worst in the east to the devils 2.9%. The wings have the worst ROW which is the first tiebreaker. If the wings lose tonight, turn off the lights, the party is over. I can't see this team fixing all it's problems and suddenly start winning consistently. Maybe Blashill and Holland do. But realistically it's time now to start making some changes.
Yea well like I said all of us see it that way. I'm sure the FO does not.

Sproul has been one of the best

Except he hasn't been. You all just want him to be.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Really liking the forward lines. Hopefully they click and start scoring some goals.

Yeah they look real nice. Keep Abby and Sheahan away from any top line. Larkin Helm Tatar should be fast.
But unfortunately our D makes me sad:(
Dekeyser needs to be moved down. I'm sorry he's given up too much playing there. I'd try XO with Green.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Here we go. Let's see what we got. Please stop giving up the 1st goal for once. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad