Proposal: NJ - Calgary (Gaudreau)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hall is the more dominant player, and generates more offense, more shots. You fail to realize that Gaudreau's point totals are propped up by power play points. When it comes to 5v5 Hall is the better player.

More shots =/= more offense. Hall's shot selection is awful, hence his bad on ice sh%. More goals and points is what generates more offense. Gaudreau does that better on the PP and at ES.

You're running out of excuses for Hall and arguments against Gaudreau.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hall is the more dominant player, and generates more offense, more shots. You fail to realize that Gaudreau's point totals are propped up by power play points. When it comes to 5v5 Hall is the better player.

2015-2016

Taylor Hall 5v5 - 18 goals 30 assists
Johnny Gaudreau 5v5 -18 goals 27 assists

Yep... huge difference.. LOL Troll

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
2015-2016

Taylor Hall 5v5 - 18 goals 30 assists
Johnny Gaudreau 5v5 -18 goals 27 assists

Yep... huge difference.. LOL Troll

Look at the advanced stats...

Taylor Hall 5v5 shots/60- 10.29
Johnny Gaudreau - 6.83

Taylor Hall 5v5 individual corsi/60- 17.07
Johnny Gaudreau - 11.95

Taylor Hall 5v5 individual fenwick/60- 13.42
Johnny Gaudreau - 9.29

Hall is a BEAST! Gaudreau is a decent player who rides the power play. People hate on Hall the way they hate on Ovi. I'll take someone like Ovi over a Brian Gionta....

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Player|5v5 P/60|PP P/60
Hall | 2.31 | 3.19
Gaudreau | 2.26 | 4.50

Hall had 2.2% better production at 5-on-5. Well within the realm of a single lucky bounce.
Gaudreau had 41.1% better production at 5-on-4. Also known as "outclasses Hall"

Johnny Gaudreau - 6.83

Johnny Gaudreau - 11.95

Johnny Gaudreau - 9.29

Hall is a BEAST! Gaudreau is a decent player who rides the power play. People hate on Hall the way they hate on Ovi. I'll take someone like Ovi over a Brian Gionta....

You've effectively proven that Taylor Hall is a braindead volume shooter. All his corsi, fenwick, shots resulted in... less goals. Sounds very Jake Virtanen.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Johnny Gaudreau - 6.83

Johnny Gaudreau - 11.95

Johnny Gaudreau - 9.29

Gaudreau was like 6th in the NHL at ES scoring, so please check your facts. Comparing him to Gionta and Hall to Ovechkin is borderline trolling.

It's pretty obvious you are clueless here. I guess taking awful shots is a positive thing for you.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Gaudreau was like 6th in the NHL at ES scoring, so please check your facts. Comparing him to Gionta and Hall to Ovechkin is borderline trolling.

It's pretty obvious you are clueless here. I guess taking awful shots is a positive thing for you.

Actually, to think of it, yes, comparing Gaudreau to Gionta is premature. Gionta had a 48 goal, 89 point season, while Gaudreau hasn't even come close. I think there's a much better chance that Gaudreau ends up as the next Gionta, not the next Marty St Louis which is what all you starry eyed Gaudreau lovers seem to believe.

flamesburnoil

Feb 18, 2015
Hall for Gaudreau

Oilers wouldn't trade Hall to a division rivalry, but this gives Calgary a (likely cheaper) speedy scorer who can carry a line on a good contract and Gaudreau returns to NJ to run the offense.

Thoughts? Who needs to add? What does it take to get Gaudreau to NJ?

Well i was gonna say there is not a single piece or package the NJ could put together for him but now that you have Hall that might not be any more but given that Gaudreau is 1 of the best players in the game at creating offence it would still be Hall with a big big +

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Whiskey, I love what you've done as the number 1 Gaudreau supporter on HF. You've definitely backed me up on Gaudreau several times. That said, you should know better ;)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Actually, to think of it, yes, comparing Gaudreau to Gionta is premature. Gionta had a 48 goal, 89 point season, while Gaudreau hasn't even come close. I think there's a much better chance that Gaudreau ends up as the next Gionta, not the next Marty St Louis which is what all you starry eyed Gaudreau lovers seem to believe.

Thanks for your uninformed opinion. I don't see a lot of similarities with either player. But of course, you don't watch him play, so that makes sense.

I guess you've backed off on your statement that Gaudreau rides the power play? Or would you rather be stubborn than wrong?

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
He has been better since his Rookie season.

aUMXBc3.png

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The past two years, Gaudreau had elite puck moving d-men (Brodie and Giordano) helping him. Hall did not have that. Also, was Gaudreau ever top 10 in scoring more than once like Hall was or ever get 80 pts in a year? Nope.

Gaudreau has only played 2 seasons lol.

Still not sure what Hall did 3 years ago is at all relevant.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009

In the two season's that Gaudreau's played, he's scored at a much higher PPG than Hall. If Gaudreau is inferior to Gionta, what does that make Hall?

Sub 100 post ****posters are the worst man

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
In the two season's that Gaudreau's played, he's scored at a much higher PPG than Hall. If Gaudreau is inferior to Gionta, what does that make Hall?

Sub 100 post ****posters are the worst man

2 solid years means nothing. Jonathan Cheechoo had 2 good years in him. Seriously, all of you fools who thing Gaudreau is a lock to be than Hall sound like 13 year old Justin Bieber fans.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
But can Hall spell intensity? I dont think the Flames would ever do this unless JG's contract demands are insane. But it would be hilarious to see Oiler fans reactions.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
2 solid years means nothing. Jonathan Cheechoo had 2 good years in him. Seriously, all of you fools who thing Gaudreau is a lock to be than Hall sound like 13 year old Justin Bieber fans.

My god

Honestly, do you watch actual games? Or do you just use baseless analogies with pretty much 0 evidence. Please let me know why you think Gaudreau's play over two seasons with great corsi stats will fall off.

THIS ONE PLAYER ONLY HAD ONE GOOD SEASON 10 YEARS AGO THEREFORE THIS OTHER PLAYER ON A TEAM I DON'T LIKE WILL BE JUST LIKE THAT WHILE THIS OTHER PLAYER ON A TEAM I DO LIKE WON'T BE LIKE THAT

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If we're going to compare apples to apples you really can't compare a 6 year veteran like Hall to a 2 year rookie like Johnny Hockey.

Lets compare Hall's first 2 years vs JH's first (and only) 2 years in the league.

Haven't looked at the numbers but I'd be shocked if JH doesn't win hands down.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013

Yeah you're right, Hall's only got two amazing seasons, one was a lockout shorten one. Prior to and after that, he's hasn't been close to PPG. Hall is Cheechoo 2.0 :naughty:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

I'd take Gionta over a poor man's Rick Nash.

moon*

If we're going to compare apples to apples you really can't compare a 6 year veteran like Hall to a 2 year rookie like Johnny Hockey.

Lets compare Hall's first 2 years vs JH's first (and only) 2 years in the league.

Halls first 2 years in the NHL were when he was 18 and 19 versus Gaudreau who was what 21 and 22?

Not exactly apples to apples.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Halls first 2 years in the NHL were when he was 18 and 19 versus Gaudreau who was what 21 and 22?

Sorry,but people develop physically at different ages. When Gaudreau was drafted he was 140 pounds. Sorry he didn't make the jump immediately.

And now Gaudreau is far more effective, even when comparing apples to apples.

moon*

Sorry,but people develop physically at different ages. When Gaudreau was drafted he was 140 pounds. Sorry he didn't make the jump immediately.

Sure but is there a single star that had his best seasons at 18 or 19?

Hall shouldn't be punished for being good enough at 18/19 to play in the NHL when Gaudreau wasn't. It wasn't like at 18/19 Hall was fully physically developed either, he was just more developed than Gaudreau at the same age.

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge

Now, I'm not into all the advanced stats, just the black and white, here's Johnny's first 2 years, vs Halls:

Johnny: 40 EVG, 14 PPG, 88 A, 142 PTS in 159 Games. Ranked 12th overall in points in that time frame (Hall at 76 with 103 PTS in that same time)

Hall: 28 EVG, 21 PPG, 46 A, 95 PTS in 126 Games. Ranked 98th in that time frame.

But it's Johnny riding the PP with 25% of his rookie goals scored on the PP compared to Halls 42%

So, we can't compare rookies to rookies, it's about age, not experience, so Hall then is in his 3rd and 4th NHL seasons (which means nothing in comparisons, though he was already anointed an elite winger by Oiler fans at this point, so we should compare him to a rookie to make it fair?)
Hall 2012/13-2013/14 Age 21/22 : 31 EVG, 11 PPG 87 A, 130 PTS in 120 Games. Ranked 33rd overall in this time frame.

It doesn't matter how you compare Hall to Gaudreau, Gaudreau out produces him, even if Hall has a higher GPG, he's proven he can't stay healthy enough to produce all season. And before you say "Hall played a full season this year, and Johnny didn't!" you're right, but even then, Johnny out scored Hall, both in Goals, and Assists. So, still no rebuttal.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Nonsense!

5v5 points/60 in the last 2 years...
Right behind Malkin at number #24 we have...
HALL, TAYLOR Edmonton 2.15

then we drop to 20 spots to #44, behind Mike Ribeiro at #43, to get Johnny Gaudreau at 2.01...

If you take the last 4 years Hall is number 3. Taylor Hall drives play. Gaudreau...not so much. So how exactly is he more effective? Again let's recap, Hall drives play with the likes of Crosby and Benn, Gaudreau on the other hand is worse than Mike Ribeiro. Who the **** would trade Hall for this Brian Gionta clone with 2 good seasons?

The more I look at the numbers the more I think Gaudreau and a 1st are not equal to Hall. I think I'd need Gaudreau, 2017 1st, + from Calgary to even consider trading Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad