Proposal: NJ - Calgary (Gaudreau)

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Good god no.

Hall is tremendously overrated by virtue of being Canadian, a 1st overall pick and putting up a bunch of points but leading his team to basement, year after year. Hall's a good supporting player but not someone you can build around.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Wait are you talking about Hall or Gaudreau? Because uh, I think you need to learn2Google.
Talking about both. Gaudreau hasn't won anything in the NHL that matters yet, spud. He didn't even win the Calder. So. That statement that he's a winner is premature as all hell.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I figured the faster the better. Happens with trades all the time. I'm secretly hoping Shero has been planning this the whole time, though I'm betting Calgary would want more than Hall.

Hall is a nice piece who should help our offense. Gaudreau would transform our team.
You really need to give Hall more credit...
Hopefully you'll learn Hall > Gaudreau now that you'll actually see Hall play for the first time in your life instead of looking at him through a stat sheet.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
None of them. Not sure why the Devils passed on guys like Boeser, Connor, Brown the last two years.

Me neither. Though I'm not officially allowed to question those decisions according to my fellow devil fans.

Unless Treliving is as dumb as half of HF, I can't imagine the Devils ever being able to pry Gaudreau away.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
So Whiskey, if you can give Hall some kind of experimental surgery to give him the brains to go along with his wizard-like skills, then we're talking.

Hall + Lobotomy for Gaudreau

Talking about both. Gaudreau hasn't won anything in the NHL that matters yet, spud. He didn't even win the Calder. So. That statement that he's a winner is premature as all hell.

Except you said he hasn't been in the playoffs, but they won a series?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You really need to give Hall more credit...
Hopefully you'll learn Hall > Gaudreau now that you'll actually see Hall play for the first time in your life instead of looking at him through a stat sheet.

I've watched Hall extensively lol. Gaudreau>>Hall. AINEC

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Hall for Gaudreau

Oilers wouldn't trade Hall to a division rivalry, but this gives Calgary a (likely cheaper) speedy scorer who can carry a line on a good contract and Gaudreau returns to NJ to run the offense.

Thoughts? Who needs to add? What does it take to get Gaudreau to NJ?

Whiskey you've let your thoughts on Gaudreau and Hall become well known for both sets of Alberta fans in Calgary we see this the same way you do, there is no deal to be made here unless you are willing to part with something ridiculous.

Gaudreau is too exciting with the puck on his stick and too good with his stick in stealing away passes/pucks defensively to give up for Hall

SemONER*

Jun 25, 2016

Just back peddling now hey? Lol. There is no doubt you actually did think Gaudreau has no playoff experience. You don't sound like a guy that knows very much in general.

I guess winning a playoff series against a division and long time rival team "doesn't matter"? It that right, spud?

Gaudreau as of right now is > than Hall. Hall can turn it around and Gaudreau can regress, anything is possible, but based off of Gaudreau trending nowhere but upward since he was drafted and Hall losing value after being part of a loser organization, it's not likely Hall surpasses Gaudreau.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If Kyle Palmieri can put up 30 goals with the Devils I see Hall putting up 40 if he stays healthy. The Devils wouldn't have traded for Hall if they don't think they can get him to buy into their system and I expect him to have a breakout season.

With this in mind there's no way I'd trade Hall for Gaudreau. Maybe today Gaudreau has more value than Hall, but Hall has much more upside, and for me to even consider it if I'm Shero it would need to be something like Hall for Gaudrea+ 2017 1st.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Kyle Palmieri can put up 30 goals with the Devils I see Hall putting up 40 if he stays healthy. The Devils wouldn't have traded for Hall if they don't think they can get him to buy into their system and I expect him to have a breakout season.

With this in mind there's no way I'd trade Hall for Gaudreau. Maybe today Gaudreau has more value than Hall, but Hall has much more upside, and for me to even consider it if I'm Shero it would need to be something like Hall for Gaudrea+ 2017 1st.

How does Hall have more upside? He's almost 2 years older and trending down, whereas Gaudreau is trending up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad