Proposal: NJ - Calgary (Gaudreau)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hall for Gaudreau

Oilers wouldn't trade Hall to a division rivalry, but this gives Calgary a (likely cheaper) speedy scorer who can carry a line on a good contract and Gaudreau returns to NJ to run the offense.

Thoughts? Who needs to add? What does it take to get Gaudreau to NJ?

gdaddy21

Dec 31, 2010
I know it's like his hometown and everything,

But it's never gonna happen

Zacha, Henrique, 1sts in 2017 and 2018

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think it's safe to say after today (what I've been saying for years)

That Gaudreau >> Hall

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I think it's safe to say after today (what I've been saying for years)

That Gaudreau >> Hall

Not sure the logic behind this. Gaudreau is gonna make more money than Hall and he is terrible in his own zone. He is smaller and doesn't hit. If you are strictly going to stats, Hall has two years above a point per game while the Oilers have had horrible defense to give him the puck. Gaudreau is very talented but he does not have more value than Hall.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Not sure the logic behind this. Gaudreau is gonna make more money than Hall and he is terrible in his own zone. He is smaller and doesn't hit. If you are strictly going to stats, Hall has two years above a point per game while the Oilers have had horrible defense to give him the puck. Gaudreau is very talented but he does not have more value than Hall.

Who have you been watching? because it's not Gaudreau.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
As a Flames fan I think Hall and JG are comparable in value honestly but I'd much rather keep Gaudreau because of what he means to the team. The Larsson trade is what it is. Edmonton needed to fill a huge need and overpaid.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Not a chance. Gaudreau has helped lead this team to the playoffs. Taylor Hall has helped lead his team to the bottom of the standings and multiple lottery wins. He's a player who has personified a the Oiler's losing culture and the Flames need to stay as far away from that as they can. Gaudreau is just scratching the surface and could be a NHL superstar real soon.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary

Lmao what ? Terrible in his own end ? No offense, but you have no clue about Gaudreau and clearly have not watched him to any degree. I like hall a lot, but Gaudreau has more value. Seeing WhiskeyYourTheDevils start a trade Gaudreau thread is funny, cause he's been pumping his tires for years, so Whiskey knows his value is more than Hall's.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Can we give Hall at least a 24 hour grace period before we start making trade proposals?

I figured the faster the better. Happens with trades all the time. I'm secretly hoping Shero has been planning this the whole time, though I'm betting Calgary would want more than Hall.

Hall is a nice piece who should help our offense. Gaudreau would transform our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->