Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking at maybe getting either Xenoblade game and I have some questions...are the stories related in any way?

I have asked that question on here before and all the feedback has said you can start with either. The original is coming out in remaster form tomorrow though, so I think it makes sense to start there.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I have asked that question on here before and all the feedback has said you can start with either. The original is coming out in remaster form tomorrow though, so I think it makes sense to start there.
There are story elements from the first game in the second but it's not until the very end of the game.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Just waiting for Xenoblade to come in the mail today. Never played the original even though its sitting on my shelf lol.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I've played about 15 hours of the first one on the Wii and I don't remember the reason why I stopped lol. Is the second one good aside from the tutorials and anime oddness? Neither of those matter much to me

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'll say something about Xenobade 2... looked great on the tv. My eyes BLEED when I play it handheld. Sucks since I play 90% handheld.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I may pick up XCOM at some point as well as Xenoblade. I'm in no rush so Ill wait until my backlog is a little more complete.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I've played about 15 hours of the first one on the Wii and I don't remember the reason why I stopped lol. Is the second one good aside from the tutorials and anime oddness? Neither of those matter much to me

The second one is good, third one is very, very solid

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anyone plan on picking up the Bioshock collection, Borderlands collection, or XCom 2 today?

I'm waiting on reviews to see how they play in handheld mode, as I only have the Lite. Something tells me the menus might be tough to read, and any stuttering would likely kill it for me.

Anyone looking for a sports game should try Super Mega Baseball 3. I must have played a couple hundred 3-inning games on the demo before FINALLY opening my wallet today. The pitching and batting interfaces are perfectly polished. So much fun.

Reactions: Pilky01

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Man, I would give just about anything for even a little snippet of BotW2 news right about now.....

I fully recognize that their work is assuredly being delayed by Covid, so my pre-Covid hunch of December 2020 for a release date ain't happening, but I'd take anything at this point about it.

Reactions: Winger98

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'd like to get a wireless controller and am looking for suggestions. I have a wired Hori pro controller, but don't like the D-pad, the lack of rumble, and the lack of ability to turn on the Switch with the controller. I don't really care for the joycons either as they make my hands cramp.

Any suggestions? What I'm looking for is:
  1. Wireless
  2. Rumble
  3. A price lower than $60 (US)
  4. Rechargeable battery
  5. Ability to turn on the Switch with the controller
  6. A non-ugly design
If it doesn't have Amiibo scanning abilities, I don't mind. Same with gyro.

All signs point to me having to get the Nintendo Wireless Pro controller, but I don't want to spend that much cash.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Divinity Sin is on sale, anyone know if handles well on the Switch? It's a game I have been eyeing for a while.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Divinity Sin is on sale, anyone know if handles well on the Switch? It's a game I have been eyeing for a while.

I only put in a few hours but the performance was totally fine. I've heard the biggest battles (lots of enemies, lots of explosions/fire, etc.) can slow down the game a bit, but overall it runs well enough to enjoy as per all the major reviews I read. Like I said, I had no issues, but I didn't get far enough to see some of the bigger battles.

Reactions: robertmac43

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
The pro controller is pretty damn good and other than the price pretty much fits everything you're looking for.

Yea I picked one up recently (within the past month) and I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner. I had bought one of the cheaper ones prior.

It's probably the nicest controller I have ever used (though I am not a gamer, I do have 30+ years of gaming).

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Did anyone end up picking up 51 Clubhouse Games? Kind of intrigued on getting it in a way. Looks pretty neat to mess around with at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad