Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nah they finally fixed the Dpad issues with the last update.

8bit Do controllers are a good option if you don't mind the small size.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have had few issues playing Celeste with a pro controller
Nah they finally fixed the Dpad issues with the last update.

8bit Do controllers are a good option if you don't mind the small size.
This isn't an issue anymore?

That's like a physical issue though, not a software issue. How could that be fixed with a mere update? They would have to be fixed by shipping new Pro controllers, no?

With Celeste, a forward dash input will often frustratingly result in an upward-forward dash, which can be pretty unacceptable in a game that asks you to repeatedly thread a needle. You can work around it by making a concerted effort to press the edges of the d-pad only, but that's too much to ask of a new player struggling with the challenge of the game, IMO.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This isn't an issue anymore?

That's like a physical issue though, not a software issue. How could that be fixed with a mere update? They would have to be fixed by shipping new Pro controllers, no?

With Celeste, a forward dash input will often frustratingly result in an upward-forward dash, which can be pretty unacceptable in a game that asks you to repeatedly thread a needle. You can work around it by making a concerted effort to press the edges of the d-pad only, but that's too much to ask of a new player struggling with the challenge of the game, IMO.

No oddly enough it's a system issue. I had the exact problem on an 8bitDo snes controller and a wired Smash controller but they both work flawlessly now (although I had to give my 8bitdo controller a firmware update as it didn't work anymore after the update).

Give it a try.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
No oddly enough it's a system issue. I had the exact problem on an 8bitDo snes controller and a wired Smash controller but they both work flawlessly now (although I had to give my 8bitdo controller a firmware update as it didn't work anymore after the update).

Give it a try.
Weird but cool I guess. Hopefully it works for me.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think my first Switch game is going to be Sonic Mania, since it's on sale for $10 and I doubt will go much lower (was contemplating getting it for PS4, but I think it would be better to have the handheld option). I might also snag this game Mother Russia Bleeds, which is on sale for $1 right now. Will sit on my hands for a bigger title to drop in price a hair. As I recall, there are often sales around E3 time, but I'm not sure if it being cancelled will mean no sales.

Looks like I can get Mario Odyssey for $50 at the Target a few blocks away from me, so I may cave and get that if I'm feeling impulsive, but I think the cheaper route is the way I'll go while I'm finishing up Persona 5 Royal at least. Also have my eye on Downwell.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Well shiiiiiiit, it's $30 in the US. Sure seems like yet another game I'll have to buy. :laugh:

did you end up getting Ni no Kuni?

edit: if people like turn based games, Mario vs Rabbids is on sale from $80 to $20 in shop right now, also Night Trap is only $1.89, it's not what you'd call good... but it was a pretty weird game on the Sega CD. Ni no Kuni is still on sale for $30 USD

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
did you end up getting Ni no Kuni?

edit: if people like turn based games, Mario vs Rabbids is on sale from $80 to $20 in shop right now, also Night Trap is only $1.89, it's not what you'd call good... but it was a pretty weird game on the Sega CD. Ni no Kuni is still on sale for $30 USD

Not yet or more like not sure if I'll buy it. I think I still have a few days to go on the sale. I just have quite the backlog of games already.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Looks like Gamestop has a Buy 2, Get 1 free deal. It doesn't work on new 1st party titles, but would work on used. Probably would be quite a strong deal to swoop in and get 3 that I'd want for 120, but there's something about paying 55 for a used game that really irks me. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way and missing out on an amazing deal, but I'd just as soon drag my feet and wait around for one of the games I want to be 40-45 new. The last thing I need to do to myself is build up a backlog on multiple consoles.

(Also, not really trying to stir up a storm, but not exactly jumping to throw $ at Gamestop, and reading around, seems like it's random whether you even get a case or not. Gonna hold off.)

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
A bunch of websites are reporting a rumour that the Metroid Prime Trilogy could be coming to the Switch on June 19 based on a listing from a Swedish retailer.

2EeAoi3Dy5YwM7UsDA2Hde-970-80.png.webp

This latest Metroid Prime Trilogy rumour points to a Nintendo Switch release next month | GamesRadar+

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
God this would be such perfect timing for the Prime Trilogy. I haven't played nearly as much of it as I wish I had. Maybe got halfway through the story of the first one.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
God this would be such perfect timing for the Prime Trilogy. I haven't played nearly as much of it as I wish I had. Maybe got halfway through the story of the first one.

Yeah, this'll become a must-buy very quickly. It's an unreal FPS, open world (kinda) adventure game, environmental exploration game, space vagabond adventure game, survival horror (as much as Nintendo would make one) game.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Definitely curious, Metroid was the one franchise I really missed out on growing up. Watching old videos of the Prime games it definitely looks like something I'd like.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A bunch of websites are reporting a rumour that the Metroid Prime Trilogy could be coming to the Switch on June 19 based on a listing from a Swedish retailer.

2EeAoi3Dy5YwM7UsDA2Hde-970-80.png.webp

This latest Metroid Prime Trilogy rumour points to a Nintendo Switch release next month | GamesRadar+

Trilogy was already on the Wii. At this point it should be the Metroid complete collection.

I'm more of a fan of the 2d games but people were bummed when Metroid 4 was delayed. Hopefully they have an update on that if they're remastering Prime.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'd like to get the Borderlands and BioShock collections. And then next week I'd love to get The Outer Worlds. But, you know, money and my backlog of games...

I have both for the PS4 as they have come out as play station plus games. I would say both are worth it but if you haven't played through either sets of games, I would suggest going with Bioshock!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It'll be interesting to see how XCom 2 runs on the Switch. I've heard it struggled on the PS4, so I can't see this going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad