Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Luigi's Mansion is now available for purchase/pre-download on the eShop.

It also gives you bonus gold coins if you pre-purchase. Which is great, because thats exactly what I was gonna do.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I want Link's Awakening but not at that price point, maybe 40

Im fighting the temptation really hard. I am a massive Nintendo & Zelda fanboy buy $80 Canadian is an absurd price for a note-by-note GameBoy remake.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I got my Link's Awakening on sale but that was on e3 so i don't know how much more on sale it will be.

@Kaapo Cabana - yeah i might try again, save and just go slowly. (re: Celeste).

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So... Switch lite... Yes or no?

I honestly don't think I'd benefit from hooking up to the TV because I'd be always swapping cords around. How much do people tend to use their games on the tv vs portable?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Wonder if Link's Awakening will be $50 at Walmart.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

I honestly don't think I'd benefit from hooking up to the TV because I'd be always swapping cords around. How much do people tend to use their games on the tv vs portable?

I'm TV only, thought about using it in handheld when my power was out and my phone died, but I ended up going out to a movie instead.

And the console sits inside of a dock where it connects at the bottom, there's no wires to move or reconnect.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm TV only, thought about using it in handheld when my power was out and my phone died, but I ended up going out to a movie instead.

And the console sits inside of a dock where it connects at the bottom, there's no wires to move or reconnect.

Well I already have my hdmi ports taken up by ps4, chromecast, and blu-ray player... So that's why I say I'd be swapping cords.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Link's Awakening plays great. They absolutely nailed the cutesy/chibi artstyle, the soundtrack is amazing (all strings/wind instruments, kinda makes sense now that i think about it since the game features said instruments as trinkets)

The only thing i dislike is that stupid like, blur effect they use on the outsides of the screen as you move around. Hard on the eyes.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The overworld in links awakening apparently has really bad slowdown similar to BotW did at launch. Its a 60fps game but it drops to 30 constantly, some problem with the vsync

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if you have the option to put in on the tv. put in on the tv.
also. if the sticks are as bad as in the joycons then, i prefer the choice to swap them. or else im f***ed.
(the d-pad looks cool. other than that. to me the original is better. )

i guess for the right price i would get a lite. but i prefer tv and pro controller, over handheld.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

FWIW I am handheld only. That being said there have been plenty of times I took the controls off and played 2 players on the screen if I was traveling with it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Link's Awakening plays great. They absolutely nailed the cutesy/chibi artstyle, the soundtrack is amazing (all strings/wind instruments, kinda makes sense now that i think about it since the game features said instruments as trinkets)

The only thing i dislike is that stupid like, blur effect they use on the outsides of the screen as you move around. Hard on the eyes.
Supposedly that effect creates an optical illusion of sorts that makes the things on screen look more like real, miniature objects/toys.

It's too bad you need the blur for it to work, but I think it does the job and the game has a really interesting/charming look and feel partly because of it.

Tilt Shift Photography for Spectacular Miniature Effect

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Jesus, Amiibo are $25 after tax now. o_O

Got the new Link's Awakening one today as well as the GOAT Pokemon Squirtle.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Jesus, Amiibo are $25 after tax now. o_O

Got the new Link's Awakening one today as well as the GOAT Pokemon Squirtle.

I got the same ones, but also Link's Awakening. It's decent and the type of Zelda I prefer, but there's some frame rate issues, and lots of loading screens.

Not sure why Amiibo are so expensive up north, I think I paid about $10.40 with my Best Buy Gamer's Club discount (and $48 for the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad