Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Has there been a release date for 3 houses yet? I know it said Spring but that could be anywhere from March-June.

Edit: never mind just found it. Not until late July.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
cb8dpz55m4j21.png

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
South Park is back on sale on the eShop.

Finally bit the bullet and got Stick of Truth for $20.

The fact that I am playing a game that says the F word about 30 times, makes thieving blacks and sneaky Jews jokes with the first twenty minutes, on a Nintendo console, still blows my mind.

Although I am also old enough to remember being excited for South Park on N64 so I guess the more things change.....

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
South Park is back on sale on the eShop.

Finally bit the bullet and got Stick of Truth for $20.

The fact that I am playing a game that says the F word about 30 times, makes thieving blacks and sneaky Jews jokes with the first twenty minutes, on a Nintendo console, still blows my mind.

Although I am also old enough to remember being excited for South Park on N64 so I guess the more things change.....

There was also Conkers Bad Fur Day for 64. What a game that was. I did actually love playing through the single player and multiplayer modes. The grim reaper Gregg was one of my favorites :laugh:

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If you guys haven't already, I recommend you guys to pick up Mario + Rabbids, it's on sale at eshop. The gold edition is $26.79 right now.

The gold edition of the game for that price is a steal. Its absolutely tremendous and legitimately one of the best Mario games ever made. If we never get a sequel it will be on the Super Mario RPG tier of all time classics.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
whoa these are actually some big deals. I feel like its been a dry month or two in those terms

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The best part about that is when he was first hired, he posted a welcome photo of himself and in the background you can see he has a plushie Mario and Luigi on his shelf tied up with controller wire :laugh:

The man is aware he could potentially become a living meme, just like Reggie did.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2FDoug-Bowser.jpg

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Has anyone played Wargroove?

I have. Bought it day one but havent gotten very far in it. The default difficulty is way too hard and dropping the settings kinda just spoils the fun.

Last I heard there was a going to be a patch coming soon which will address difficulty. I am basically just waiting for that now.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I really want to play Mario Maker, but I have no interest in digging through my boxes to find my Wii U that I never unpacked when I moved last year. Just a few months to go, I guess.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I wonder if MS cares if they really stay in the hardware business anyway. If they can turn the X-Box brand into a 'games as service', cloud based app, with a presence on their own console, on PC, and on Nintendo, they could become as ubiquitous a destination for gaming as Steam is.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's not a free collaboration. Microsoft gets its subscriptions. Nintendo adds another reason for you to buy its console.

Yeah it's a good thing but it's a smart business decision.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think it's because people are realizing there isn't a reason for companies to compete like this.

I really see little downside to this for either company. Microsoft stands to gain a hell of a lot more by dealing with a successful platform than they would doing the R&D and production on a product that would have to be a loss-leader to be commercially viable. Nintendo gets games that people have been complaining about their platforms not having since the mid-90s without having to really do anything to get them other than allowing an indirect competitor access to their platform.

Honestly I doubt I'll make a ton of use out of this - most games I play on Microsoft hardware I do so because that's the best console version of that game, which won't be true of basically any of these games crammed onto the Switch - but I see a ton of value in both sides getting close. Let's be real here, Microsoft & Nintendo have never really been aiming for the same audience.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I really see little downside to this for either company. Microsoft stands to gain a hell of a lot more by dealing with a successful platform than they would doing the R&D, construction, and then selling at a likely loss of developing their own handheld hardware. They're seemingly more interested in selling subscriptions than hardware right now, so this makes sense. Nintendo gets games that people have been complaining about their platforms not having since I was a little kid *****ing that the N64 had no JRPGs without having to really do anything to get them other than allowing an indirect competitor access to their platform.

Honestly I doubt I'll make a ton of use out of this - most games I play on Microsoft hardware I do so because that's the best console version of that game, which won't be true of basically any of these games crammed onto the Switch - but I see a ton of value in both sides getting close. Let's be real here, Microsoft & Nintendo have never really been aiming for the same audience.

It is my understanding that should this happen the games would be streaming so it really won't matter what the best console is. Assassin's Creed Odyssey was playable on Switch via streaming and everything I heard was that it worked like a charm.

All I really want on Switch is Forza Horizon.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
We're most definitely heading towards streaming becoming standard...but the infrastructure is going to have to improve greatly before we see that become the standard.

I'm not expecting a generation of Microsoft hardware after this next one, but I can't picture an all-streaming platform working when giant swaths of this continent don't have access to the caliber of internet that would be required. Microsoft has been talking about offloading processing to the cloud for 5 or 6 years now and it's still a way's away from being feasible on a huge scale...but I fully expect my current smart phone to be more powerful than whatever I mostly play my games on in a decade.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I have. Bought it day one but havent gotten very far in it. The default difficulty is way too hard and dropping the settings kinda just spoils the fun.

Last I heard there was a going to be a patch coming soon which will address difficulty. I am basically just waiting for that now.
I got it yesterday and haven’t gotten very far. Only to like the 3 chapter/part/whatever it’s called. Does it get a lot harder? I haven’t really had problems. Yeah there’s a bit of challenge but I really like that about it. It makes you think.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I really want to play Mario Maker, but I have no interest in digging through my boxes to find my Wii U that I never unpacked when I moved last year. Just a few months to go, I guess.
Mario Maker is one of the only reasons I wish I held onto my Wii U longer. June will be here before we know it though :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad