Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I had the exact same problem. I just bought some generic stick topper type things, the package came with 4, two black and two red. I’ve had the black ones on for months now and they work great. Don’t know how I played without them.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Has anyone had good experience with some thumbstick grips/raisers?

The Switch has quickly passed the PS4 and X1 and my go to console, but if I have one gripe it's the thumbsticks on the Joycons feel so much lower than what I'm used to. They aren't raised nearly as much off of the base of the controller. It's fine normally but in anything that requires a lot of dual Joycon aiming it makes it a little awkward feeling.

I purchased some to help with my carpal tunnel, but i have to say after buying my controller (it was only 35 dollars at wal-mart) i never use the joy-cons anymore.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Apparently my switch needed to be moved to connect to wi-fi...even though i had it sitting below my router.

Odd. everything's good now.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Grabbing a switch today with Zelda and Mario Kart. Head sup, Best Buy having a big sale on some games. $35 (with gamers club) per game

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Random question: how sporadic are new sales on the e-shop? I know Hollow Knight was recently on sale. Will be on sale again soon enough that it is worth waiting?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Random question: how sporadic are new sales on the e-shop? I know Hollow Knight was recently on sale. Will be on sale again soon enough that it is worth waiting?

It feels like sales how slowed down recently, but in general I have found that sales come around often enough, and there is enough variety of great games, that it is always worth it to just wait for the sale. I bought Hollo Knight when it went on sale abouta month or two ago and have hardly played it just because there is so much else to play.

If you REALLY want the game its probably not worth it to wait. Just pay the extra 7 or 10 bucks and play what you wanna play now.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Boys (and girls) I did it. I am a new proud owner of a switch :). How does the online friends list work? Like the others where you can see what people are playing etc? Everyone add each other here?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Boys (and girls) I did it. I am a new proud owner of a switch :). How does the online friends list work? Like the others where you can see what people are playing etc? Everyone add each other here?
You have to add people through their Friend Code. You'll need to go to your Profile, and it will tell you what you friend code is on the right side to give to other people.

Reactions: sa cyred

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

You have to add people through their Friend Code. You'll need to go to your Profile, and it will tell you what you friend code is on the right side to give to other people.

Alternatively, you can perform a friend search if you've got Facebook, Twitter, etc. linked. My one WiiU friend added me and I found another friend via Facebook.

Those are my two friends. :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Oh yeah I forgot about the social media option.
Pretty dumb of me to forget seeing as how that's actually how I added a few friends myself lol.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Thanks :). Has anyone added each other here or willing to? I know we do that in the PS4 thread and I know quite a few play online with each other (I have played with random hf guys at times). That and can see what each other are playing etc. When I get home, I can post mine :).

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks :). Has anyone added each other here or willing to? I know we do that in the PS4 thread and I know quite a few play online with each other (I have played with random hf guys at times). That and can see what each other are playing etc. When I get home, I can post mine :).

i'll add ya! PM me your Code :)
(I'll add anyone haha)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'm wondering really how much enjoyment i'm going to get out of this Super Mario party game. i got it on a very cheap pre-order from Wal-Mart, but everything keeps showing that you might not be able to play everything with it docked or with a controller, which means it might be kinda moot for me to get it. i dunno.

in other news.
I want THIS game.

it looks so gorgeous!

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm wondering really how much enjoyment i'm going to get out of this Super Mario party game. i got it on a very cheap pre-order from Wal-Mart, but everything keeps showing that you might not be able to play everything with it docked or with a controller, which means it might be kinda moot for me to get it. i dunno.

in other news.
I want THIS game.

it looks so gorgeous!

I had always heard great things about Child of Light. Never got around to playing it though.
Also, unless I am mistaken, the boards seem pretty small, and that is honestly kind of a turn off for me.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I was talking about Super Mario Party.
Apparently my brain turned off and completely forgot to mention that.

no worries :)
yah i think what i'll do is keep my pre-order, watch some videos and if it's totally poop, i'll return it and put that money towards.. something. probably mario kart.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So the Pokemon game has stuff like play with your Pokemon and dress it up - can I ignore that part of the game if it's not my thing and play it like the old Gameboy versions (red, blue, crystal, etc...)?

Debating ordering a Switch and Pokemon is a big reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad