Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I don't fully trust microSD cards though. Also, if you're going to a friend's place, logging into your account and pulling up a save file is quite nice.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If your memory card or even your Switch gets damaged and you can't retrieve any of the data and you don't have cloud saves, everything will be lost. If you have cloud saves, you log into your account, pull down the saves and bam, they are they. Cloud saves usually get auto-backed up to the cloud after each session or with each save, generally. I wish I had that when my original PS3 died.

ah.

i guess because i've always had memory cards or whatever- i never even thought of it. though Nintendo is always the only other system i'veowened (though someone gave me a PS2 but i don't think that has cloud saving either considering when that came out)

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
The Switch's storage is much less likely to fail than an XBOX/PS4 though since it doesn't use a hard drive.

Flash can fail too, and Nintendo's service only works with their paid online service, so it's all moot if you don't pay for it - you can't backup your data at all.

At least with Sony and MS, I can backup locally, and IIRC, MS will backup online for free.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
BB has some games on sale, bought MK 8 (again) for $36 (yeah GCU discount too). Toiling through 50 cc class, which is both too easy, but getting blue and red shelled back-t0-back is still rage inducing.

My local store also had a bunch of NES and SNES classics in stock, and so I bought a NES while I was at it...doubt I'll open it (either collect it, or give it to a young gamer in the family around Christmas), but I was surprised to see several just sitting there.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Im not buying this online service.

I will take my chances on losing my BOTW save file. Nintendo don't deserve any money for this piss poor online service they're shilling.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It saddens me to see Nintendo jumping on the paid online bandwagon, but hey, everyone else is doing it....

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I just got an email from nintendo to make sure that your nintendo account attached to switch is accurate, because after Sept 18th you can't "unlink" it.
what? that's so dumbo.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I still have no clue how to connect my Switch to the Courtyard Marriott internet...

You probably can't. Its likely their internet connection has a browser "sign-in" that requires you to accept the terms & conditions before you can use the internet. Since the Switch doesn't have a browser, you'd never get access to that page.

Best bet is to connect to the hotel internet with a phone (which has browser capability), use the phone to generate a wireless/mobile hotspot, and connect your switch to that.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
You probably can't. Its likely their internet connection has a browser "sign-in" that requires you to accept the terms & conditions before you can use the internet. Since the Switch doesn't have a browser, you'd never get access to that page.

Best bet is to connect to the hotel internet with a phone (which has browser capability), use the phone to generate a wireless/mobile hotspot, and connect your switch to that.

What a f***ing pain.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I just got an email from nintendo to make sure that your nintendo account attached to switch is accurate, because after Sept 18th you can't "unlink" it.
what? that's so dumbo.

I am a lifetime Nintendo gamer. I have owned the Wii U and Switch since launch. I owned a Switch as my only console until Spider-Man came out last week.......I have no idea what that means or whether my Nintendo account is properly registered or whatever that means.

Holy f***.....Nintendo are going to drive me away with their pathetic online bullshit. Just leave it out FFS. It doesn't offer any value.

Unbelievable that they haven't made any efforts to get ahead of this.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You had me at Animal Crossing. About damn time.

I don't think i needed a Luigi's Manson sequel but i'm definitely not against it either.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Honestly it was kind of a weak direct but it wasn't helped by the fact that we knew a good chunk of the announcements already.

Still, happy that older FF games are coming to the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad