Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think it's a great choice.

Be warned, it's a bit difficult. Mind you, I don't claim to be good at video games so your mileage may vary. :laugh:

Did you already blast through all Octo of the paths?

LOL thanks :)

yes, i 100 percented the game before i went away on Holidays. i started a 2nd file to see if i could make it a bit difficult and less grinding but i think there just gets to a point where the game (unless you completely use beginner equipment) is simply cake. it's worth a replay (and i want to do a solo run) but i have to wait until the game is less fresh in my head.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I fell back into Stardew Valley.

Finally have some cows and chickens. Gearing up for my second winter. I will probably stop playing again once I get the horse.

That makes me want to not pay for the shit just to spite Nintendo.

Last edited:

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Isn't everyone usually disappointed after a Nintendo Direct? Just so much hype...

Personally, I'm just guessing more Smash footage, AC, DLC announcements, and more Wii U ports. Would be nice to see more (not ports) AAA 3rd party titles, c'mon Octopath and millions of system sales have to start counting for something.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Isn't everyone usually disappointed after a Nintendo Direct? Just so much hype...

Personally, I'm just guessing more Smash footage, AC, DLC announcements, and more Wii U ports. Would be nice to see more (not ports) AAA 3rd party titles, c'mon Octopath and millions of system sales have to start counting for something.
FE, Metroid, Yoshi, and Bayonetta 3 still have more to give, just to name a few.

I don't expect anything mind-blowing though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Prime 4 should be good. I've never been a fan of the first person metroids sadly but i imagine a lot of people will be happy with what it ends up being.

I'm expecting more on Yoshi and then probably one more bombshell Smash character reveal.

They've done a lot with Ultimate but it still feels like they have one more big thing to pull out of the hat. Either a totally surprising character or the return of a fleshed out story mode/adventure mode.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Make it a weekend Direct. We never get weekend Direct. It must be a conscious decision though because more people are paying attention to "the news cycle" on weekdays, so you're more likely to catch fire online if you release something on a Wednesday rather than a Saturday.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD headed to the Switch in October.

There had been a leak about what was going to be revealed in the Nintendo Direct today, and that was one of them.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That looks really cool! Is this a new thing? A 'super deformed' version of one of their regular games?

Switch isn't exactly where/how I want to play Civ, but could be interesting.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That looks really cool! Is this a new thing? A 'super deformed' version of one of their regular games?

Switch isn't exactly where/how I want to play Civ, but could be interesting.

They had a similar looking Civ game on PS3, my brother still plays it from time to time..

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
And the Switch's online service continues to look like utter garbage:

Oh good grief.

And this is why people will continue finding better, easier ways to hack the Switch...just to back up something as basic as game saves. I wouldn't even bitch if Nintendo made the requirement of micro SD, and the saves were all encrypted, but Nintendo gonna take all the failures of a couple generations of MS and Sony online, and say "hold my beer".

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i will play the "I am slow" card
what's so important about cloud saves?

(also. Hollow Knight is awesomeness)

Reactions: Winger98

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If your memory card or even your Switch gets damaged and you can't retrieve any of the data and you don't have cloud saves, everything will be lost. If you have cloud saves, you log into your account, pull down the saves and bam, they are they. Cloud saves usually get auto-backed up to the cloud after each session or with each save, generally. I wish I had that when my original PS3 died.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
If your memory card or even your Switch gets damaged and you can't retrieve any of the data and you don't have cloud saves, everything will be lost. If you have cloud saves, you log into your account, pull down the saves and bam, they are they. Cloud saves usually get auto-backed up to the cloud after each session or with each save, generally. I wish I had that when my original PS3 died.
The Switch's storage is much less likely to fail than an XBOX/PS4 though since it doesn't use a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille