Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Finally playing Splatoon 2. If you liked the first one, it's pretty hard to complain about the second one. The biggest problem I have is no longer having the Wii pad's map screen in front of me, and having to play on the god awful controller with the joy cons attached to that cheap plastic thing that comes with the system. It's wrecking my forearms.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Anyone play West of Loathing? I saw someone streaming it last night and it looked like my cup of tea. I bought it but haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet. Anyone know how long of a game it is? Did you enjoy it?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Grandia 1 and 2 HD coming out later this year, which is dope. G2 on Dreamcast is right up there with Skies of Arcadia as my top game on the system (ps2 version runs like trash) and I never played more than a few hours of Grandia on ps1, didn't really hook me, but I'll try it again.

Day one purchase for me and I hope it does well so Lunar 1 and 2 can come, no HD remaster needed for me lol

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Grandia 1 and 2 HD coming out later this year, which is dope. G2 on Dreamcast is right up there with Skies of Arcadia as my top game on the system (ps2 version runs like trash) and I never played more than a few hours of Grandia on ps1, didn't really hook me, but I'll try it again.

Day one purchase for me and I hope it does well so Lunar 1 and 2 can come, no HD remaster needed for me lol

The Grandia announcement feels so random. What a wonderful surprise. Kind of weird it's not coming to PS4 as well considering I associate the series with Sony (I'm aware it was Sega first). I'm not complaining though, really looking forward to portable Grandia. The theme song from the first game has never really left my head.

As for Lunar, I think there are a lot more issues with the publishers rights and stuff like that. Which is a shame because it's criminally under-appreciated and it's frustrating there's no easy (legal) way for most to play them. I would spend so much for a modern Working Designs Lunar Collection on the Switch though, good lord.

Reactions: Jovavic

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
man i just played that mario game for the first time. its incredibly fun. i thought i was not gonna enjoy it, but made me feel like a kid.

i usually become the annoying guy that gets mad when i die. but pure smiles with this game and easy to figure it out.

i want more games like that. but ive paid zero attention to the switch all this time, until now.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Put 400 hours into Breath of the Wild. I regret nothing.

You beat me. 180 hours into normal mode and about 80 more in the master mode. But I could easily see myself returning to it again as that game is such a joy to wander about in. Really hope an actual sequel gets announced for before the end of the Switch's console cycle.

Currently just screwing around in Hyrule Warriors. Downloaded Okami as well a few days back, but haven't restarted it again. Third system I've owned that classic on now.

Reactions: The Rat King

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You beat me. 180 hours into normal mode and about 80 more in the master mode. But I could easily see myself returning to it again as that game is such a joy to wander about in. Really hope an actual sequel gets announced for before the end of the Switch's console cycle.

Currently just screwing around in Hyrule Warriors. Downloaded Okami as well a few days back, but haven't restarted it again. Third system I've owned that classic on now.
Warriors games are such a timesink.

If I didn't already sink 400+ hours into Fire Emblem Warriors I'd probably own Hyrule Warriors.... again.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

They could do a sequel, one idea out there is that it's in the same Hyrule just before it all went to shit. So they could rebuild all the buildings and it would be the same map just more fleshed out. Add some more classic Zelda temples and I'd be in heaven (again). I'm pretty sure I read something about a sequel being confirmed, but nothing else. Seriously the game is so immersive and wondrous I consider it worth the entry price of the console alone.

I ordered a physical Japanese copy of Okami HD (it looks so sweet) and I never played it before so I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I am up to about 96 shrines and 3/4 temples in master mode.
I haven't tried master mode yet. I'm actually on the very last part of the DLC but I spent 9 months on the game so I'm taking a break before I finish it. I'm also hoping I forget most of it so I can replay it in a few years and have it be pretty fresh.

I'm having a master mode or wait a few years debate in my head. :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They could do a sequel, one idea out there is that it's in the same Hyrule just before it all went to ****. So they could rebuild all the buildings and it would be the same map just more fleshed out. Add some more classic Zelda temples and I'd be in heaven (again). I'm pretty sure I read something about a sequel being confirmed, but nothing else. Seriously the game is so immersive and wondrous I consider it worth the entry price of the console alone.

I ordered a physical Japanese copy of Okami HD (it looks so sweet) and I never played it before so I'm looking forward to it!

Eh... I think I'd prefer a direct sequel versus a prequel, as even though it would be really cool to explore a non-destroyed Hyrule, it'd still essentially be retreading the same ground so it wouldn't scratch my gaming wanderlust for remotely as long. I'd be a day one buyer no doubt, but I'd like to see Link and Zelda a few months or a few years after BotW traveling to another land. The thing that always pops into my head is that if you go to the far east of Hyrule, you see an island just on the horizon that you can't reach. Have that island be on the far western horizon of a land that the next game takes place in, with you either going there to stop pirate raids or look for the triforce or to save Hyruleans that had fled there after the calamity or some other plot point, and from there you could have actual labyrinths and dungeons on the overworld, underground, and underwater and possibly even new Sheikah slate abilities to learn (I'm thinking a grappling hook for sure here or a Sheikah scuba ability).

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Octopath was the highest selling game across all platforms in July, seems nuts to me that a traditional JRPG can do that, but I'm glad that the genre is getting new fans

Publishers love to tell us what games we don't want. Single player games are dead, everyone wants multiplayer. Horror games are dead. Turn-based combat is dead. Then they're shocked when a game that fills those gaps does well.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Publishers love to tell us what games we don't want. Single player games are dead, everyone wants multiplayer. Horror games are dead. Turn-based combat is dead. Then they're shocked when a game that fills those gaps does well.

And it's a full price game too, unlike Lost Spher and I Am Setsuna...I'll get it eventually, maybe once I'm done with Persona 5. Whichever between it and Ni No Kuni 2 goes on sale first lol

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Eh... I think I'd prefer a direct sequel versus a prequel, as even though it would be really cool to explore a non-destroyed Hyrule, it'd still essentially be retreading the same ground so it wouldn't scratch my gaming wanderlust for remotely as long. I'd be a day one buyer no doubt, but I'd like to see Link and Zelda a few months or a few years after BotW traveling to another land. The thing that always pops into my head is that if you go to the far east of Hyrule, you see an island just on the horizon that you can't reach. Have that island be on the far western horizon of a land that the next game takes place in, with you either going there to stop pirate raids or look for the triforce or to save Hyruleans that had fled there after the calamity or some other plot point, and from there you could have actual labyrinths and dungeons on the overworld, underground, and underwater and possibly even new Sheikah slate abilities to learn (I'm thinking a grappling hook for sure here or a Sheikah scuba ability).
Sounds like we got a WindWaker fan over here. I hear what you're saying about the map, a brand new one would be awesome. But really I'll take whatever they give us next. I'd like more traditional temples, along with the shrines. and I want more music. I know the whole thing is that it's the breath of the wild so you hear mostly natural atmospheric noise, but Zelda just has way too many amazing tracks to hold back on.

Whatever they do I'm sure it'll be great, Nintendo's on their game and when they are there's really none better at making games.

I'm thinking my next playthrough will be the 3 heart challenge.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Anyone play West of Loathing? I saw someone streaming it last night and it looked like my cup of tea. I bought it but haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet. Anyone know how long of a game it is? Did you enjoy it?

I haven't played it nearly as much as I'd like, but I love it. It's a hilarious little RPG.

I highly recommend it, although I can't answer how long it is obviously. :laugh:

Although I do recommend howlongtobeat.com if you're interested.

I play on PC, so I don't know about any Switch specifics. However, considering it could run on a potato, I doubt there's any major differences.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I haven't played it nearly as much as I'd like, but I love it. It's a hilarious little RPG.

I highly recommend it, although I can't answer how long it is obviously. :laugh:

Although I do recommend howlongtobeat.com if you're interested.

I play on PC, so I don't know about any Switch specifics. However, considering it could run on a potato, I doubt there's any major differences.
Yeah, I've really enjoyed it. The writing is fun. I especially love the silly walk mode. The gameplay gets a little repetitive. I might restart to play on hard mode, because I pretty much 1-shot everything on normal difficulty.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Put 400 hours into Breath of the Wild. I regret nothing.
Every time I get motivated to finish the game, I get side tracked with other stuff in the game.

Maybe I'll finish the game before the year is over. BOtW is also the game I've played the most with 170 hours.

Reactions: The Rat King

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, I've really enjoyed it. The writing is fun. I especially love the silly walk mode. The gameplay gets a little repetitive. I might restart to play on hard mode, because I pretty much 1-shot everything on normal difficulty.

Yeah, combat is very simplistic, but it's a fun time kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->