Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Getting closer towards the end of Octopath.. all about finished chapter 3 for all characters and most of my characters are at least decently leveled. Should be ready to go for at least a few of the lvl 4 chapters.

Once you find the library good enough and you get one, you are in for a treat =)

However and this is just a personal opinion of mine there's a lot of exclusives though and when people say there arent it just makes me wonder what "many exclusives" actually are. How many games are many in less than 1.5 years of existance?

Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Odyssey, Snipperclips, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Tennis Aces and Octopath Traveller are all stellar games and exclusives. Obviously there's more minor excluvies as well but I just went with the big ones.

But as you put it, those who didnt own a Wii U, are in for a treat.. just add games like MK8DX, Zelda: BotW, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, Captain Toad, Donkey Kong Country and more, you've got yourself an insane lineup.

Octopath is one I am excited to play eventually.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The secret hidden Smash mode has been revealed...

snafZPhCyOkeyGAtUAQSgw93fj_JFRvWIuDtgsXFtBU.png

Reactions: Emperoreddy

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Masahiro Sakurai was asked by a reporter who they were putting in the new smash brothers game.
He replied “everyone”
The reporter asked for clarification.

AS54GIW.gif

Reactions: Emperoreddy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The 3DS has a lot of really, really good games.
Which should eventually find their way to the Switch at sometime (talking about Super Mario, Pikman, Samus, Starfox, Luigi's Mansion, etc.). Pokemon is already coming to the Switch in the form of two games, that's huge in Switch's potential for the future.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Playing Hollow Knight finally and really enjoying it

Too many great smaller games on Switch. Hollow Knight and Dead Cells are calling to me but there is just so much esle I want to play more before spending more money.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Too many great smaller games on Switch. Hollow Knight and Dead Cells are calling to me but there is just so much esle I want to play more before spending more money.

I still need to get my hands on this one day.

Really good Metroidvania game. Atmosphere is great and the controls are really tight. Can't wait to get back into it after my work weekend.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Golf Story!!

Working on a GameCube collection now. I want to beat each beatable game on the system too. Game 1 - X-Men Legends.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've bought Okami, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania Plus, and I forget what else in the last few weeks. Have barely played any of them. It's like Steam all over again...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've bought Okami, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania Plus, and I forget what else in the last few weeks. Have barely played any of them. It's like Steam all over again...

I've held strong.

Everytime I look at my Steam list of games I get bummed at how many games I got that I know I won't ever get the urge to play.

No more!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
All the new games and I have spent the last week getting hooked on Zelda again.

I am gunning for a 'perfect' Master Mode file. Doubtful I will get all the korok seeds (as soon as I max out my weapon and bow slots I am never wearing the Korok mask again) but all the shrines + DLC seems very doable. Just beat the third of four temples, the Rito temple, which I should have beaten first because of how useful its reward is.

Anyway, still a tremendous game, I have played it for literally hundereds of hours, but those temples are weak. Pretty sure I beat the Rito one last night in like 10 minutes (granted this is also my second run through them).

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Another indie game on Switch that I've been hooked by recently is Iconoclasts. The gameplay is pretty fun, the animations are beautiful, and the story is surprisingly deep. If my completion rate vs time played is anything to go on, it's about a 12 hour game. Not bad for having been made by one person.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Looking forward to Undertale as well.

Man, practically skipping and entire generation of indie games is really paying off with Switch. :vhappy:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm seriously surprised you never played it on the PC yet. Legit surprised. I mean, it runs on literally anything and it requires only a keyboard.

I downloaded it on Steam and played it for about 5 minutes. I just don't have a good desktop setup for any sort of PC gaming so its not a very comfortable way to play games.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Anyone ever have controller issues where it keeps pausing your game and asking you to hit the top buttons to configure your controller back to the device? This kept happening while I was in handheld mode. Could it be I had 2 joycons slid into the device and my other two joycons were in the bag sitting next to me and it kept recognizing the non-connected joycons? It was highly annoying.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just finished Iconoclasts. What a great game. Very rarely can platformers make me feel anything except for frustration when playing them, but Iconoclasts did. It has a really, really good and deep story, the world is built in very creative and imaginative ways. One guy made this game. One.

If you guys ever get a chance to play this game, I highly recommend it. Might be a hidden gem at the moment.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I know there are some issues with the game, but Mario Tennis Aces is hella entertaining. I've been doing simple tournament for couple hours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad