Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Got 5/8 characters so far, just cracked the 10 hour mark

Game has really satisfying battle mechanics but the plot/ thrust of the game seems almost non existent. Like I get that the game is built around having many different characters and viewpoints but I don't really care about any of them so far. I am hoping the deeper in I get, the more rewarding the story is.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got all the characters and now starting to look for shrines after stumbling across one. I am making an effort to not look up anything about the game online.

Not gonna lie, I skipped all the story bits of the last character I found. The stories have been an absolute borefest but the game remains a lot of fun.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Playing quite a bit of Hyrule Warriors as of late. Would it have killed them to pay voice actors to handle the in-mission dialogue? What, you expect us to read the tiny text while we're trashing through hundreds of enemies at once?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Playing quite a bit of Hyrule Warriors as of late. Would it have killed them to pay voice actors to handle the in-mission dialogue? What, you expect us to read the tiny text while we're trashing through hundreds of enemies at once?
Up until BotW Zelda never had any voice acting outside of grunts, so...

If they made the game post-BotW then maybe.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I know, but it's still more a Dynasty Warriors game than a Zelda game and not even part of the official canon. Not having voice acting in the actual missions is such an obvious miss, and there's voice acting in the Gundam variants at least. Just makes gameplay infinitely more manageable.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Games are still coming out, they're just not high profile like Zelda and Mario. Practically every major Nintendo franchise is either already on the Switch or slated to be.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Virtual console would really only hurt the Nindies. I really don't think it is a priority at all for Nintendo....and with the amount of games on the console, its no longer much of a priority for me either.

Speaking of Nindies....

I am really looking forward to this game.

Do you know something about this game @CPTN71 ?

I had totally forgotten about it. Did it get a release date?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Do you know something about this game @CPTN71 ?

I had totally forgotten about it. Did it get a release date?

I don't ... I just stumbled upon this thread, saw your posts and was like dang - that game looks great! I was hoping to get to the end of this thread to see that it had been released... LOL

Currently contemplating between picking up a PS4 Pro or Switch...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't ... I just stumbled upon this thread, saw your posts and was like dang - that game looks great! I was hoping to get to the end of this thread to see that it had been released... LOL

Currently contemplating between picking up a PS4 Pro or Switch...

I just looked em up and the game still doesn't even have a release date. :oops:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Not surprised that they had a weaker first quarter, but at least by managing to get so much stuff out in their first year they'll continue to see sales from new Switch buyers. It's not like Nintendo games ever get price cuts so they're still getting full price for any new owners who go and buy Mario and Zelda now.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
final boss in Octopath = rage.
also. don't start this unless you feel you are really ready to go. there are no save points in the final dungeon so if you get murdered you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Nintendo still has the ace of all aces up its sleeve in Virtual Console. All they have to do is put that out on the Switch and they'll be right back where they want to be.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't get how people still treat "The Virtual Console" like it is a product. Its just a name Nintendo used to differentiate old games on the eshop from new games on the eshop.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I haven't put as much time into Octopath as I would have liked to so far, just some things have come up, but I have all 8 now, and I'm probably just going to focus on a few of the main stories for the time being. I need to get some of these characters leveled up though. Oof.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I would really enjoy getting some of the old pokemon gameboy games on the switch (Blue/Red/Yellow/Silver/Gold). I could just emulate on my PC or phone, but it feels clunkier than on a proper handheld system. I wonder how long (if ever) it'll be until we have the option to buy those?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I would really enjoy getting some of the old pokemon gameboy games on the switch (Blue/Red/Yellow/Silver/Gold). I could just emulate on my PC or phone, but it feels clunkier than on a proper handheld system. I wonder how long (if ever) it'll be until we have the option to buy those?
They have all of those on 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad