Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter (MIN) Traded for Victor Rask (CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nino is averaging over 4 shots per game in Carolina, his career average is under 2.
He's shooting over 16% in Carolina, his career average is 12.

If he were shooting 12% in Carolina he'd have 4 goals, 5 points in 9 games and no one here would be batting an eye.
If we were only taking 2 shots per game like his career average, he'd have 3 goals, 4 points in 9 games and no one here would be batting an eye.
If he were averaging 2 shots per game and and shooting 12% he'd have 2 goals, 3 points in 9 games.

You all need to relax. It's been 9 games. He isn't suddenly a 50 goal scorer. The sky isn't falling.
Nino could have zero points and I'd still be questioning this move. The goals are salt in the wound, but Rask is the more important part of this.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Nino is averaging over 4 shots per game in Carolina, his career average is under 2.
He's shooting over 16% in Carolina, his career average is 12.

If he were shooting 12% in Carolina he'd have 4 goals, 5 points in 9 games and no one here would be batting an eye.
If we were only taking 2 shots per game like his career average, he'd have 3 goals, 4 points in 9 games and no one here would be batting an eye.
If he were averaging 2 shots per game and and shooting 12% he'd have 2 goals, 3 points in 9 games.

You all need to relax. It's been 9 games. He isn't suddenly a 50 goal scorer. The sky isn't falling.
Nino is doing what Nino does. He's on a hot stretch. He will end the season with around 25 goals and somewhere between 40 and 50 points. The sad part is that Rask is also doing what most thought he would.

Reactions: space321

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I feel bad for the guy. What a terrible position to be in, in any profession, to have to come in as an ostensible replacement for a guy when you are clearly not as good. Under 8 minutes the last two games and looking like that's too much.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel bad for the guy. What a terrible position to be in, in any profession, to have to come in as an ostensible replacement for a guy when you are clearly not as good. Under 8 minutes the last two games and looking like that's too much.
He's getting 4 mil per for the next 3 years after this. I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy, but that's just me.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Goose312

May 15, 2015
The argument that at least we got a center back is even gone. He's now below Fehr on the center depth chart and has been playing wing the last two games. Straight up wing for wing, but at least we are saving 1.25m in cap space that isn't being used.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The argument that at least we got a center back is even gone. He's now below Fehr on the center depth chart and has been playing wing the last two games. Straight up wing for wing, but at least we are saving 1.25m in cap space that isn't being used.
I missed the 3rd, but did this actually happen? They had Rask at center and Fehr at wing to start, which makes sense because Fehr still seems to be getting up to speed. If Rask can't hold a 4C spot with Koivu out and his only competition being a guy that just got back into the lineup... woof. Boudreau does juggle things around a lot, especially when the team is playing poorly, but come on.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I missed the 3rd, but did this actually happen? They had Rask at center and Fehr at wing to start, which makes sense because Fehr still seems to be getting up to speed. If Rask can't hold a 4C spot with Koivu out and his only competition being a guy that just got back into the lineup... woof. Boudreau does juggle things around a lot, especially when the team is playing poorly, but come on.
Maybe they traded off draws based on the side of the ice it was on, but the only faceoffs I saw Rask take were when Fehr was tossed from the dot, and defensively Rask was certainly playing wing whenever I noticed him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe they traded off draws based on the side of the ice it was on, but the only faceoffs I saw Rask take were when Fehr was tossed from the dot, and defensively Rask was certainly playing wing whenever I noticed him.
Guess we'll see what the lines look like in Philadelphia.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Is this trade worse than the Hall for Larsson trade? Hall is better than Nino but Larsson is much much better than Rask. (I know I'm overreacting) I want Fenton fired for this trade alone.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is this trade worse than the Hall for Larsson trade? Hall is better than Nino but Larsson is much much better than Rask. (I know I'm overreacting) I want Fenton fired for this trade alone.
Eh... there are fewer Hall's in the league than there are Nino's, and Edmonton didn't even have the "depth problem" where Hall was playing down in their line-up. As much as I disagree with some of the rationalizations that have been made for this trade, it's fair to say that Nino was on the way out in the not-too-distant future. And I guess maybe Hall was too, but for much more questionable reasons.

I hate this trade but it's not impossible that, had Fenton waited, Nino would've continued to struggle with the Wild and we'd still end up getting something like Rask in return in June. I think that would've been preferable, but only incrementally so.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Eh... there are fewer Hall's in the league than there are Nino's, and Edmonton didn't even have the "depth problem" where Hall was playing down in their line-up. As much as I disagree with some of the rationalizations that have been made for this trade, it's fair to say that Nino was on the way out in the not-too-distant future. And I guess maybe Hall was too, but for much more questionable reasons.

I hate this trade but it's not impossible that, had Fenton waited, Nino would've continued to struggle with the Wild and we'd still end up getting something like Rask in return in June. I think that would've been preferable, but only incrementally so.

OK - you're probably right. I still hope Fenton feels really bad, though.

Reactions: Bazeek

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hall & leddy trades were much worse. this trade will just never make sense to me. my guess rask wont even score 10G next year for us. hes not that good. fenton should have to eventually eat some crow and admit he made a big mistake. i have zero confidence in fenton after this trade.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
hall & leddy trades were much worse. this trade will just never make sense to me. my guess rask wont even score 10G next year for us. hes not that good. fenton should have to eventually eat some crow and admit he made a big mistake. i have zero confidence in fenton after this trade.

i bet if he is in the 2C role he will get 20 goals next year.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
He's getting 4 mil per for the next 3 years after this. I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy, but that's just me.
Same here. I have no optimism or sympathy for Rask. The trade was BAD from the beginning and I don't know what Fenton was seeing in Rask that didn't. He doesn't fill any upsides that Wild need.
I'll be happy to eat my words if Rask somehow makes me think about him otherwise.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Are the rest of the players banking goals off of him? Parise is pretty good at the bank shot, but that's asking a lot from ZP.
He did get 21 in 2015-16, and I'd assume that him hitting those sorts of numbers again was part of Fenton's thinking here. Still, from watching him so far it's really hard to see him hitting 20 again, regardless of where he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad