Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter (MIN) Traded for Victor Rask (CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I get Nino has struggled, but this is brutal.

Also Rask is a left shot, not right like the tweet has.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
there it is.

Liked Nino, but moves are going to be made when a team doesn't perform up to expectations. Don't know much about Rask, but acquiring him means that Coyle is also more tradable as of today.

Oh, damn, Rask is a lefty? Oh well, at least he's a C.

Nice to see that we are trading with teams not named Buffalo.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Posted this in the Canes thread.

As a fan of both teams I cannot contain my excitement.

Canes needed a strong top 9 power forward. Nino still has that and will get it back.

Wild needed a 3rd line center which Coyle could not fulfill and the team needed center depth period.

Change of scenery for both and while Nino is the better player, he has regressed and I believe Rask will find a better role in Minnesota.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Hurricanes fan
Were legitimately stumped by this. We assumed Rask would be waived / clear and playing in the AHL this year.

His trade value was deemed at close to zero.

Did you feel the same about NN?

This is shocking

Reactions: THE JAM and cris10

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Hurricanes fan
Were legitimately stumped by this. We assumed Rask would be waived / clear and playing in the AHL this year.

His trade value was deemed at close to zero.

Did you feel the same about NN?

This is shocking

To be honest, I'm kinda dumbfound by this also. Nino's value wasn't sky high, he was struggling big time and got bounced up and down the lineup. But he wasn't THE issue and honestly, keeping him and seeing if he can bounce back would've made some more sense, to bump his trade value a bit. I'm fairly certain that this was just the first step and something else is happening soon.

Reactions: Drivebytrucker

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I'm likely heavily in the minority but I've always liked Rask, and have been waiting for him to breakout forever now. He hasn't exactly shown anything that indicates that he will, but I always see glimpses of something more in him. I like to think he has the potential to hit 50 points consistently, and am excited to see what a change of scenery does for him. Would still love to see the Wild acquire a more legitimate dynamic offensive weapon though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Seems like a terrible trade in a vacuum, but Nino has been pretty bad for more than a full year.

Feels like this could be a precursor to another one, or at least open up a lot more possibilities. Every bit of cap helps these days... even for trade purposes.

Reactions: FVM and cris10

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ek will be back in Iowa.

Coyle's play has been going south again, might be back at wing.

Possibly Staal trade in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad