Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
In the second game of the tournament - where the team was still awful - Lundkvist still stood out as again the best D-man on the Swedish team by far. I would say his passes created the only good chances Sweden created the whole game. I'm salivating to see what he can do on NHL ice. He has the Fox vision, he doesn't look down on the puck when he has it on the blade, he always looks up and wants to create something.

For his age, I don't see how he can't have a spot on NYR next season. So mature in his play, both defensively and especially offensively.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
it was really frustrating not seeing Lundqvist out there more when he was easily the best dman against Denmark.

Other than not getting a lot of ice time I thought he played a pretty good game even the penalty he took was pretty aggressive standing a guy up at the blue line, and on the way down the guy slapped him in the face with the stick and didn't get called for it.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
it was really frustrating not seeing Lundqvist out there more when he was easily the best dman against Denmark.

Other than not getting a lot of ice time I thought he played a pretty good game even the penalty he took was pretty aggressive standing a guy up at the blue line, and on the way down the guy slapped him in the face with the stick and didn't get called for it.
Yes, but the continous production he has made in both games is it's he who produces a dagger pass through two zones to a forward attacking the blueline. He's a quality modern defenseman in the making, trying to to counterattack whenever he gets the puck - and he has the ability to do so.

That he doesn't play perfect games is fine, he shouldn't as a 21 year old, you need to make mistakes to develop. I have high hopes for this guy, because overall he plays damn solid games.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nah he and Jones, Reunanen or Robertson are going to destroy the AHL next season.
He is going to be given his chance. Lundkvist is the odds on favorite, but Schnieder's chances are better than you think. If you forgot all else and looked at nothing but the box scores, you would be swearing up and down at what a great offensive defenseman the Rangers have in Schneider.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was being facetious, I hope both of them make it long term, even if it means us sacrificing True Blue’s sanity and moving one of them to their off side.
I am not against it, I am just not holding out hope for it as it barely happens. Is the historical number zero? No. But it is not exactly high on the terms of success.

I will say that in a dream scenario, one of them could play the left side. That would be fantastic. But am not holding out hope for this and still believe that Lundkvist will be the one moved. Eventually.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He is going to be given his chance. Lundkvist is the odds on favorite, but Schnieder's chances are better than you think. If you forgot all else and looked at nothing but the box scores, you would be swearing up and down at what a great offensive defenseman the Rangers have in Schneider.
I tend to be in the school of “skating makes offense” for blue liners in the NHl. It’s why Smith outscored McDonagh in college but never sniffed his offense in the pros.

So big shot or no I will have to watch Schneider’s skating to guess his offensive potential at this level

Reactions: White Death 24

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I tend to be in the school of “skating makes offense” for blue liners in the NHl. It’s why Smith outscored McDonagh in college but never sniffed his offense in the pros.

So big shot or no I will have to watch Schneider’s skating to guess his offensive potential at this level
For the record, I do not believe that he will be a big time point producer, but his offensive game is better than you think. And he did have a great year. Still if "all" he is, is a 25-30 point human eraser that goes up against the opposition's top teams each night, I will easily take that. Especially when you consider the temperament and compete level.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Nils just got hurt. Went to locker room after getting clipped in his d zone zone corner. High right leg. Thigh maybe

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
what do you (or anybody) think he’s worth on the market?

I think he's in a group of tradeable assets(with Buch/Strome/Chytil/Kravstov/Jones) of which some will likely be used to bring in a 1B Center to pair with Mika. One of Zac/Nils will slot in on the 3rd pair/2nd PP QB role. At least thats how id approach things

Reactions: NYSPORTS

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
As much value as Nils has now, he'll have even more once he gets to the NHL and shows he can do well at that level. Why trade him before then? Let him keep building value and if it makes sense to trade him down the road, then we do it. There's no rush.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Another dominant game by Lundkvist and now the points poured in when his teammates did their job. His PP assist to Olofsson was really nifty, unfortunately he limped off towards the end. Hopefully it was nothing serious, because he has cemented himself as the best D-man on Sweden so far - and perhaps the best player overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad