Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I would not be looking to trade ADA, but if someone offered a Heiskenen, Tkachuk, or a Provorov then I’d really be listening. In particular the Rangers have lacked a guy in the Tkachuk mold for years.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would not be looking to trade ADA, but if someone offered a Heiskenen, Tkachuk, or a Provorov then I’d really be listening. In particular the Rangers have lacked a guy in the Tkachuk mold for years.
Tkachuk is a guy that keeps coming around for me. Calgary has a lot of extended contracts. I am sure they would try to move someone else first, but maybe a player like Tony DeAngelo persuades them to move on from Tkachuk.

As you said, Tkachuk is a player the Rangers have lacked for several years.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think a DeAngelo trade is a wise move until you have to re-sign Fox. The Rangers are perfectly fine on the right side, it's a strength. While I respect and fully understand the need to acquire players from a position of strength, I think that if you get a star level asset for DeAngelo you do it.
I do not think you trade him at all and get both him and Fox signed. He should only be moved in very specific circumstances if he HAS to be moved at all.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t know, that’s especially good and I think it’s mostly legit. But any team is going to respond with the following 4 names on the PP with him.
You can make that staement practically about any PP QB on a top PP unit. And I disagree. Fox is good, but the PP works much better with DeAngelo running it

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Tkachuk is a guy that keeps coming around for me. Calgary has a lot of extended contracts. I am sure they would try to move someone else first, but maybe a player like Tony DeAngelo persuades them to move on from Tkachuk.

As you said, Tkachuk is a player the Rangers have lacked for several years.
That may be several years, but what DeAngelo brings the Rangers have lacked for more than several decades.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That may be several years, but what DeAngelo brings the Rangers have lacked for more than several decades.
From the right side? Sure. The last promising offensive RHD they had was Zubov.

But they had Leetch who played a similar game. Good skater, shifty, great vision.

They have depth on the right side. They could technically survive moving on from DeAngelo if it meant filling another hole with a significant player like a Tkachuk. I’d almost argue they havent had a player like him since Graves.

If DeAngelo can slide to the left side I can see him staying long term.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
From the right side? Sure. The last promising offensive RHD they had was Zubov.

If DeAngelo can slide to the left side I can see him staying long term.
That is still not since 1995.
They have depth on the right side. They could technically survive moving on from DeAngelo if it meant filling another hole with a significant player like a Tkachuk. I’d almost argue they havent had a player like him since Graves.
They do have depth. But they do not have someone who can tilt the ice offensively like DeAngelo has been showing to do. And no, Fox is not in the same mold, IMO. Look Tkachuk is a special player, no doubt about it. And sure, if you are talking about a player that is a forward, that is the type the other GM better come to the table with. I just think that much as we always see the grass being greener on the other side, so too do we tend to underrate what is right under our nose. DeAngelo falls into that category for me. There is a reason it has been that long since they have had a player from the back end like that. And there are reasons that when you look at the list of names that have done what he was doing over the last 10 years, the list is not very long.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That is still not since 1995.

They do have depth. But they do not have someone who can tilt the ice offensively like DeAngelo has been showing to do. And no, Fox is not in the same mold, IMO. Look Tkachuk is a special player, no doubt about it. And sure, if you are talking about a player that is a forward, that is the type the other GM better come to the table with. I just think that much as we always see the grass being greener on the other side, so too do we tend to underrate what is right under our nose. DeAngelo falls into that category for me. There is a reason it has been that long since they have had a player from the back end like that. And there are reasons that when you look at the list of names that have done what he was doing over the last 10 years, the list is not very long.
I think DeAngelo is a special talent...offensively. I think his defensive game as improved but still has massive gaps at times during a game. But thats not to say I am ready to trade him. And its not to say we would just be giving him away, selling low. You only move him for a player of Tkachuk’s caliber.

And how do you know Fox cannot eventually tilt the ice the same way? There have been games where he has taken over and been able to already do so in his rookie season. He is accomplished far more than DeAngelo did at that age and point in his career. 2-3 years ago people were worried DeAngelo was a bust. Fox is way ahead. AND he plays solid and smart defense.

If Lundkvist is as good as advertised, in 2 years I would say Lundkvist-Fox-Trouba-Tkachuk is a significant net positive over Fox-DeAngelo-Trouba-young forward that is TBD on reaching their ceiling should you trade Lundkvist for one. I’d rather have Lundkvist who’s floor is at the very least an a capable and competent NHL RHD playing a sound game.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think DeAngelo is a special talent...offensively. I think his defensive game as improved but still has massive gaps at times during a game. But thats not to say I am ready to trade him. And its not to say we would just be giving him away, selling low. You only move him for a player of Tkachuk’s caliber.

And how do you know Fox cannot eventually tilt the ice the same way? There have been games where he has taken over and been able to already do so in his rookie season. He is accomplished far more than DeAngelo did at that age and point in his career. 2-3 years ago people were worried DeAngelo was a bust. Fox is way ahead. AND he plays solid and smart defense.

If Lundkvist is as good as advertised, in 2 years I would say Lundkvist-Fox-Trouba-Tkachuk is a significant net positive over Fox-DeAngelo-Trouba-young forward that is TBD on reaching their ceiling should you trade Lundkvist for one. I’d rather have Lundkvist who’s floor is at the very least an a capable and competent NHL RHD playing a sound game.
With DeAngelo's offensive ability, you learn to live with the defensive wards and find him a Lindgren clone for a partner.

Fox is very capable, but I do not see him being a 60 point player. And we have no idea of what Lundkvist is. He could be as good as we all hope or he can be Tim Erixon.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What would it take to trade for both Tkachuck's??? Could the Rangers pull that off?

too much, no

they're both key guys, one on a contender which values his grit and determination, the other a very young 'vet' key to an in-process accelerated overhaul

we can have fun making up trades, but i can't think of a scenario where either actually gets moved

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
too much, no

they're both key guys, one on a contender which values his grit and determination, the other a very young 'vet' key to an in-process accelerated overhaul

we can have fun making up trades, but i can't think of a scenario where either actually gets moved
both are american kids, i bet would love to play for an American team towards their UFA years. i find it interesting that both American brothers gets picked by 2 Canadian teams. I would love both on the Rangers at some point in their careers.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
too much, no

both are american kids, i bet would love to play for an American team towards their UFA years. i find it interesting that both American brothers gets picked by 2 Canadian teams. I would love both on the Rangers at some point in their careers.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I agree they'd be great. Just dont see how it might happen soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad