Nickname please add “Piggy” as a option
Added :yo:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
where?

You want him in front of the net?

Yeah actually, he is excellent around the net. His hands are great, he can move the puck and control it way better than the guys we usually have in that spot, Bo included. He also is a great playmaker with the quick short or one touch passes. When he was on the unit while Miller was out to start the year he made the unit work.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Grulemieux

Jan 28, 2021
Have we forgotten the Highlander nickname (which I think is close to what his name actually means)?

Hög = high

Lander/ländare = someone from the lands of

Högland = highland

And it fits because he is actually from the highlands

Reactions: ziploc

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
where?

You want him in front of the net?
His skills play anywhere on the power play apart from the point. He’s got the vision to run plays off the high wall, his stickhandling and strength stand out behind the net, and he can tip and score dirty goals with anyone in front of the net. Power play proficiency is making decisions quickly to exploit a moving, shorthanded defence to create space for a shooter and Hog can do that very well.

Reactions: carrotshirt

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Isn't Hoglander's name pronounced "Hogue" lander rather than "Hog" lander?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I agree the stats are almost secondary. Hoglander has been a fixture on the top-two lines since the first practice of the season. And there's never been a single thought about dropping him down the lineup.

For a rookie who just turned 20, it's nothing short of mind-boggling. To find a similar player who was as consistent from 'day one' as a rookie, you're talking about guys like Elias Pettersson, Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Still blown away that he hasn’t hit a rookie wall. Biggest surprise of all the canucks prospects to make it over the past 7 years relative to my first season expectations.

Whats the penalty stats impact??

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
His skills play anywhere on the power play apart from the point. He’s got the vision to run plays off the high wall, his stickhandling and strength stand out behind the net, and he can tip and score dirty goals with anyone in front of the net. Power play proficiency is making decisions quickly to exploit a moving, shorthanded defence to create space for a shooter and Hog can do that very well.
I agree i just wonder if him getting beat up at the net is a good idea and what's wrong with him starting on PP2.

When Petey comes back that's where he's gonna be. its not like Miller Horvat or Boeser gets demoted

I was just wondering what he had in mind but without a doubt he's good down low. i agree on the take of his hands, tight passes, being able to pivot and we all cant wait for the lacrosse goal

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Whats the penalty stats impact??
I actually don't know how it works. I can ask jfresh if you'd like - I'm a patreon subscriber (although idk if I'm gonna keep the subscription. Might try one of the other patreon services)

I'm guessing it's either the penalties he's taken per minute or that + how many of the penalties result in goals against.

He has taken a lot of ticky tack lazy penalties but don't rly care lmao

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I actually don't know how it works. I can ask jfresh if you'd like - I'm a patreon subscriber (although idk if I'm gonna keep the subscription. Might try one of the other patreon services)

I'm guessing it's either the penalties he's taken per minute or that + how many of the penalties result in goals against.

He has taken a lot of ticky tack lazy penalties but don't rly care lmao

How's the Pettersson card looking this year? his advance stats have been down the drain this season.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just a reminder please only suggest serious AND realistic nicknames I cant stress that enough. Please guys :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad