Player Discussion: Nikolaj "Probert" Ehlers Pt. 2

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
3 games in and Maurice demotes him off the top line. Nah, no way Ehlers will get traded. :sarcasm:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on #1 on Tuesday -
Not sure if Mo was just trying to get something going or if he's working to move Laine up ASAP -

IMO, Laine needs more time with #2-
He struggled along the boards tonight - spent a fair amount of time on his butt. He scored a beaut goal -he had a nice look for a change and when he gets in that close with that much time and no one in front of him, there's a good chance it's going in.
But, he needs to be a stronger player to keep up with the top line at this point - that could change quickly depending on his progress.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
EGmuNWFWsAA8t5t

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ehlers always gets the short end of the stick, doesn't he?
it seems like it. although last year when ESW was ripping it up in November, Maurice kept them together in December until he got hurt. Maybe he would have spent the season with them last year? who knows if he hadn't gotten injured. ESW was far superior to LSW and CSW.

Reactions: Tommigun

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Sucks for him that there are 4 people deserving of top line minutes so he's gotta be the odd man out, but hopefully KC can get his game going again, and Little coming back we'll be able to take advantage of Ehlers' strong game. Had him pegged as our MVP for this season, and so far hasn't disappointed.

Reactions: hn777

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Sucks for him that there are 4 people deserving of top line minutes so he's gotta be the odd man out, but hopefully KC can get his game going again, and with Little coming back we'll be able to take advantage of Ehlers' strong game. Had him pegged as our MVP for this season, and so far hasn't disappointed.

Does anyone know when Little is expected back in the lineup ?

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Ehlers always gets the short end of the stick, doesn't he?
I feel a bit sorry for Ehlers, Connor and Laine. Great young wingers and only one spot to grab. Cap wise it is also challenging for Jets.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
I feel bad for Ehlers needing to step down to make Laine shine again, but Ehlers looks to be ready for some line driving action this season, so maybe he will be fine eventho he is not getting spoonfed by Mark.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I feel bad for Ehlers needing to step down to make Laine shine again, but Ehlers looks to be ready for some line driving action this season, so maybe he will be fine eventho he is not getting spoonfed by Mark.
That plus it's important to get your best goal scorer with your best playmaker and all that jazz.

Reactions: 1stDan

hn777

Apr 22, 2019

Yeah, Laine needs Mark more than Ehlers does, I believe. Maybe it will change in the future who knows.
Ehlers was not spoonfed by Scheifele, he has been a line driver for a few seasons already. Agreed, Laine looks ready to become more of a driver this year. He looks night and day from last year.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Ehlers was not spoonfed by Scheifele, he has been a line driver for a few seasons already. Agreed, Laine looks ready to become more of a driver this year. He looks night and day from last year.

Didn't mean that being spoonfed means he is passenger on 1st line. More like it's priviledge to play with Mark.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
emagine if we had a Scheifele light. there is to big of a different on Scheifele and the 2. best center on this team in term of offence... 4 first line wingers and only 1 spot to fight for... well hopefully him and Connor can get going.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Sooo over Paul. Predicted he would get 3-5 games on the top line and was right. One of the best forwards in those three games and gets demoted just like he has in the past. Seriously considering dropping my nhl tv subscription until Paul is out of a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad