Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

• Nikolaj Ehlers

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Nylander the better player, it is very close and factor in contract and I'll take Ehlers.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Interesting poll. I think they're pretty similar players, and frankly, not the type i'd ideally want to build my roster out of. Obviously tethered by the draft, and both kinda soft, flaky wingers. Talented though, and 60pts is still 60pts.

I'd lean toward Nylander out of the two. I think he's got more layers to his game and he's a bit more fun to watch. Ehlers may have more ability to do more on his own, but he can also be even more invisible when he's not scoring and i think Nylander probably meshes better with more players. It's a real toss-up.

Neither is the sort of player i'd be selling the farm to acquire though.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
William Nylander, by far. One short mediocre season playing with Marleau and Brown make people forget two fantastic previous ones. He was good since January regardless and scored 18 points and was a +16 in 8 games at the worlds. Nylander will score 80 points next season playing with proper players.

He is a better skater and his vision is a million times better than Ehlers.
It's funny how both Matthews and Nylander had horrible linemates last season so they were not able to produce. Yet according to Leafs fans they have 2nd best forward group in the league?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's funny how both Matthews and Nylander had horrible linemates last season so they were not able to produce. Yet according to Leafs fans they have 2nd best forward group in the league?

I am nowhere close to a Leafs fan and Matthews had decent linemates.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Hello Ted,

As you can see the majority of Ehlers votes are sadly from Leafs haters. Once you adjust for hate votes, this is probably a 70/30 split for Nylander which is close to what it should be based on on-ice play.

Take away the leaf haters and the leaf homers, its probably pretty even to what the vote is now.

Leaf fans have notoriously overrated nylander. Remember some leaf fans saying nylander > Johnny hockey? Those were funny times

Reactions: Snowman

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Interesting poll. I think they're pretty similar players, and frankly, not the type i'd ideally want to build my roster out of. Obviously tethered by the draft, and both kinda soft, flaky wingers. Talented though, and 60pts is still 60pts.

I'd lean toward Nylander out of the two. I think he's got more layers to his game and he's a bit more fun to watch. Ehlers may have more ability to do more on his own, but he can also be even more invisible when he's not scoring and i think Nylander probably meshes better with more players. It's a real toss-up.

Neither is the sort of player i'd be selling the farm to acquire though.

???

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The guy that can play C and hasn't gone 21 games in the playoffs without a goal

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
William Nylander, by far. One short mediocre season playing with Marleau and Brown make people forget two fantastic previous ones. He was good since January regardless and scored 18 points and was a +16 in 8 games at the worlds. Nylander will score 80 points next season playing with proper players.

He is a better skater and his vision is a million times better than Ehlers.

Better skater, pkay prove it lol

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Both are pretty even. Had terrible seasons last year but going forward either one could out do the other season to season I think.

Funny how these guys were compared to Larkin and always seemed to win before this past season, now it would be a blow out the other way

Reactions: Stamkos4life

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Nylander for me.

He fits the roster much better.

Although he didn't do himself any favours missing all that time this season.

And even then he wasn't that far off of Ehlers, what was his excuse?

Also no playoff goals for Ehlers is a bad look.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I went with Ehlers because Nylander to me seems like a guy who doesn't give 100% as much. Basically I would say Nylander is more talented but I rather go to war with Ehlers.

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
I had no idea that Ehlers was that bad in the playoffs. Christ. He's making Nylander's performance of $12,000,000 for 27 points almost palatable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad