Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

• Nikolaj Ehlers

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 24, 2017
Did you guys see what Nylander did at the Worlds? How is he in any way a "Perimeter Player", why don't you watch his highlights? He was crashing the net multiple times .... He had a bad 40 games and now he is dubbed a bust ---- CLASSIC HF BOARDS!!! Haaa. Now there will be supposed hockey insiders replying to threads saying that "I propose to thee, thou Nylander is not even worth a lottery pick"

Nylander > Ehlers. Honestly, a lot of people on HF are going to look stupid (as usual) when this guy scores 80+ points Bookmark this thread (lol)
Before last season, Mitch Marner was supposed to be a career medicore 60-70 point player. There were multiple threads where people were calling Leaf fans "dumb and idiotic" for believing that Marner could notch ~100 points. Why so jealous?

I never understood why HF hates the Leafs ....
They said the Leafs COULD NOT trade the contracts of (1) Nikita Zaitsev (2) Patrick Marleau --- yet, somehow, the Leafs managed to trade them.
The worlds is a no hitting tournament played on big ice with b rosters.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Yes Jets Fans, I was CORRECT LAST SEASON when I said Marner > Laine, Connor and I'm correct again. (Most of HFBOARDS exploded when I made that statement)

Did you forget to log in to your old account before posting this? Because this account joined in April of this year, so I'm not sure how you could have made a prediction about this season last summer when you weren't a member.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Yes Jets Fans, I was CORRECT LAST SEASON when I said Marner > Laine, Connor and I'm correct again. (Most of HFBOARDS exploded when I made that statement)

Please provide the actual link of this. As the above user said, your current account has a join date of April 2019.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Each guy is probably the other's best comparable across the league. I'll take Nylander because it looks like he can play center, but it's a coin toss. I think both have big rebound seasons this year

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They're extremely similar players. If you were to rank all the players in the league, these two would be back-to-back in whichever order.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Did you guys see what Nylander did at the Worlds? How is he in any way a "Perimeter Player", why don't you watch his highlights? He was crashing the net multiple times .... He had a bad 40 games and now he is dubbed a bust ---- CLASSIC HF BOARDS!!! Haaa. Now there will be supposed hockey insiders replying to threads saying that "I propose to thee, thou Nylander is not even worth a lottery pick"

Nylander > Ehlers. Honestly, a lot of people on HF are going to look stupid (as usual) when this guy scores 80+ points Bookmark this thread (lol)
Before last season, Mitch Marner was supposed to be a career medicore 60-70 point player. There were multiple threads where people were calling Leaf fans "dumb and idiotic" for believing that Marner could notch ~100 points. Why so jealous?

They said the Leafs COULD NOT trade the contracts of (1) Nikita Zaitsev (2) Patrick Marleau --- yet, somehow, the Leafs managed to trade them.

Everyone look, it’s a guy who got banned and has a new account

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Let me get Chara or Buff and see if you Leaf-fans wanna talk big, or hide in the corner as usual :P

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Did you forget to log in to your old account before posting this? Because this account joined in April of this year, so I'm not sure how you could have made a prediction about this season last summer when you weren't a member.

I don't remember my log in credentials. I don't go on this site for months some times. I've been on and off using HF boards for 5-6 years, going off for months at a time.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
These guys are very similar, right down to their playoff performances; neither one has really been great.

I think the biggest edge here is that Ehlers is a bit better defensively, so I went with him.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Oh and last season there were multiple threads on which Jets fans tried to say that all the Leaf Fans are homers for thinking that Marner is better than Kyle Connor.

Also, I know that this stat doesn't mean much BUT -----

Last Playoffs

EHLERS: 6 GAMES, 0 GOALS, 0 ASSISTS, ZERO POINTS
Nylander: 7 GAMES. 1 GOAL, 2 ASSISTS, 3 POINTS -------- Played (majority of TOI) on the 3rd Line with PATRICK MARLEAU + CONNOR BROWN.

PLAYOFF CAREER TOTALS

Nylander: 20 GAMES, 3 GOALS, 8 ASSISTS, 11 POINTS
Ehlers: 21 GAMES, ZERO GOALS, 7 ASSISTS, 7 POINTS

All I can see from that post is that they are both terrible in the post season, Nylander slightly less terrible, but still terrible.

Reactions: biturbo19

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I dunno what’s more shocking

1) It’s close. As of writing this post, it’s 10 votes.

2) The guy with WilliamNylander going for the homer vote.

Hello Ted,

As you can see the majority of Ehlers votes are sadly from Leafs haters. Once you adjust for hate votes, this is probably a 70/30 split for Nylander which is close to what it should be based on on-ice play.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Hello Ted,

As you can see the majority of Ehlers votes are sadly from Leafs haters. Once you adjust for hate votes, this is probably a 70/30 split for Nylander which is close to what it should be based on on-ice play.

LOL. The Leaf hater vote is your crutch you’re actually using.

Of f***ing course. It’s the go to excuse whenever someone that wears the Maple Leaf is losing a poll.

How about we spin it the other way with blatant homer votes for Nylander? But you wont, because he’s a Maple Leaf.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
All I can see from that post is that they are both terrible in the post season, Nylander slightly less terrible, but still terrible.

Nylander dominated Boston's line that he was matched up against ..... whilst playing with Connor Brown + Marleau.

Obviously you just checked the stats and saw he had 3 points in 7 games (Ehlers had 0 points in 6 games though) and proclaimed "well there ya have it HE MUST BE TERRIBLE!". However, if you ask anyone watching the series, they would tell you Nylander dominated 5v5.
Typical HF stat watcher :(

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Polls about as expected. Though I do think Nylander carries a bit more talent than Ehlers relative to the poll results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad