Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

• Nikolaj Ehlers

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
They are both very similar players. Cant go wrong with either. Anybody saying AINEC one way or another is fooling themselves.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
I don't get why Nylander doesn't score more goals. Dude's got a nice shot. I get that he seems to have a playmaker's mindset, but at the same time he should be consistently a threat to score around 30 goals with that shot.

It takes him a while to wind up with his release if you watch him closely. A lot of his wrist shot goals from outside are on the PP when he’s QBing the 2nd unit from the right half wall.

At EV he can only manage to do that when his C (usually Matthews) drives the net up the middle and forces the D to collapse. If an opposing left-shot defenseman gets the gap on him, he doesn’t possess that Matthews-ish ability to draw the puck in and release in one motion with accuracy.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Nylander is getting 70 points at least this yr if he stays healthy. He’s been the leafs best player on a few nights so far this season. Great to see that he’s returning to form after a down year. Ehlers is a great player too, you can’t go wrong with either.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I don't get all the posters saying they are similar players. They put up similar point totals and are both good at having possession but that's about it. Nylander sets other players up while Ehlers is a play driving shooter. Their playing style really aren't that similar..

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don't get all the posters saying they are similar players. They put up similar point totals and are both good at having possession but that's about it. Nylander sets other players up while Ehlers is a play driving shooter. Their playing style really aren't that similar..
You forget to add that one is as soft as butter.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Nylander Ehlers GAR WAR.PNG
Nylander Ehlers GAA.PNG
Nylander Ehlers xGAR xWAR.PNG
Nylander Ehlers xGAA.PNG
Ehlers: 1 goal 4 A for 5 in 5 games.

Nylander: 2 goals, 3 A for 5 in 5 games.

What about this screams AINEC, let alone made you bump the thread for this comment?

When you look at actual numbers it is redicilous close. When you look at underlying metrics - it is not!
You should also notice that in actual numbers Nylander dominates Ehlers in power play, but if I am not mistaken Nylander has been on pp1 in Toronto very often? while Ehlers is always on pp2. That is a huge difference maker by itself. Ehlers dominates Nylander in penalty differential.

When it comes to more advanced metrics that among others take opponents and linemates into consideration, Ehlers just dominates (yeah, sorry I know - advanced metrics do not count - especially when it doesn't fit in. I am sorry I mentioned it..... ;) )

Stats are from Evolving-hockey.com

Reactions: jetsforever

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
View attachment 266277 View attachment 266279 View attachment 266281 View attachment 266283

When you look at actual numbers it is redicilous close. When you look at underlying metrics - it is not!
You should also notice that in actual numbers Nylander dominates Ehlers in power play, but if I am not mistaken Nylander has been on pp1 in Toronto very often? while Ehlers is always on pp2. That is a huge difference maker by itself. Ehlers dominates Nylander in penalty differential.

When it comes to more advanced metrics that among others take opponents and linemates into consideration, Ehlers just dominates (yeah, sorry I know - advanced metrics do not count - especially when it doesn't fit in. I am sorry I mentioned it..... ;) )

Stats are from Evolving-hockey.com

Nylander plays on the Leafs' second PP unit. Though not sure how the Tavares injury will affect that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad