Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

Nikolaj Ehlers vs William Nylander

• Nikolaj Ehlers

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
William Nylander, by far. One short mediocre season playing with Marleau and Brown make people forget two fantastic previous ones. He was good since January regardless and scored 18 points and was a +16 in 8 games at the worlds. Nylander will score 80 points next season playing with proper players.

He is a better skater and his vision is a million times better than Ehlers.

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
William Nylander, just look at what he did at the World Cup to get a glimpse of his potential.

He'll be 70+ this year with a full training camp, pre season and Matthews as his full time center.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Very close right now, I think Willy has the higher ceiling, I guess time will tell, but he’s got my vote

**I hate that I’m a leafs fan commenting just because of how biased it makes me sound...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Ah, this old poll again :laugh:
The people saying Nylander will be better playing with Matthews seem to have forgotten how great Ehlers was when he used to play with Scheifele

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
So basically Leafs fans all taking Nylander and everyone else taking Ehlers. I think Ehlers is better overall but Nylander has more talent. Nylander plays on the perimeter too much though. To me he is a rich mans Eberle.

Reactions: Aries56

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So basically this is a poll to see how many fans each of these teams has. I'm guessing Nylander will win, despite Ehlers being better.
Nylander is winning because he's the superior player.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
2016-2019. Way closer than I expected!

download (4).png

Going with Ehlers. He's also got the better contract.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Did you guys see what Nylander did at the Worlds? How is he in any way a "Perimeter Player", why don't you watch his highlights? He was crashing the net multiple times .... He had a bad 40 games and now he is dubbed a bust ---- CLASSIC HF BOARDS!!! Haaa. Now there will be supposed hockey insiders replying to threads saying that "I propose to thee, thou Nylander is not even worth a lottery pick"

Nylander > Ehlers. Honestly, a lot of people on HF are going to look stupid (as usual) when this guy scores 80+ points Bookmark this thread (lol)
Before last season, Mitch Marner was supposed to be a career medicore 60-70 point player. There were multiple threads where people were calling Leaf fans "dumb and idiotic" for believing that Marner could notch ~100 points. Why so jealous?

I never understood why HF hates the Leafs ....
They said the Leafs COULD NOT trade the contracts of (1) Nikita Zaitsev (2) Patrick Marleau --- yet, somehow, the Leafs managed to trade them.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Oh and last season there were multiple threads on which Jets fans tried to say that all the Leaf Fans are homers for thinking that Marner is better than Kyle Connor.

Also, I know that this stat doesn't mean much BUT -----

Last Playoffs

EHLERS: 6 GAMES, 0 GOALS, 0 ASSISTS, ZERO POINTS
Nylander: 7 GAMES. 1 GOAL, 2 ASSISTS, 3 POINTS -------- Played (majority of TOI) on the 3rd Line with PATRICK MARLEAU + CONNOR BROWN.

PLAYOFF CAREER TOTALS

Nylander: 20 GAMES, 3 GOALS, 8 ASSISTS, 11 POINTS
Ehlers: 21 GAMES, ZERO GOALS, 7 ASSISTS, 7 POINTS

Yes Jets Fans, I was CORRECT LAST SEASON when I said Marner > Laine, Connor and I'm correct again. (Most of HFBOARDS exploded when I made that statement)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad