Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Prokhorkin Signs One-Year Entry-Level Contract with LA Kings

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by savemefromtears, May 13, 2019.

1. kings11 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I disagree, Lizotte is a NHL caliber player. Is he a 2C no, he’ll he isn’t a center! What he is though is a fast, agile, feisty, skilled player with chance to show what he has.
    What he really is, is another free asset that can contribute ala Iafallo with a better toolbox. He’s a bottom 6 RW with the type of mentality this team sorely needs.

2. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The Kings talked to his agent often. Here's a quote directly from Kubalik: "I know Los Angeles' interest in me - Kubalik explained - but at the same time I want to respect the contract signed with Ambrì. However, I trust my agent, who is in direct contact with the Kings ... We discussed this eventuality, it is nice to be close to realizing our dream, but as I said I have a valid contract in Switzerland and for now I leave all my open doors".

Here's a quote from his agent in 2017: "It is true, we received a specific offer at the weekend," confirmed player's representative Jiří Hamal from Global Management Group on Thursday.

Read more here L.A. přísně tajné: Kubalíka chtějí do NHL, s nabídkou přišli Kings - iSport.cz

Let's not pretend the Kings didn't try to bring him over. He just didn't come for whatever reason. Contract values are set, it can't be money. Blaming the Kings for something like this is silly, everything points the finger in the other direction.

3. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Well, he earned his spot over a lot of other guys he outplayed. So there's that. He may not be the solution, but he's shown more than the players he beat out.

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  4. Raccoon Jesus #DERRIEREFORLAFRENIERE

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    And Prokhorkin didn't even show enough to beat out several guys behind him, so....

If the 21 year old first year pro is a career minor leaguer, I guess that means the 26-year-old with several years of pro that couldn't beat him out is...I'll let you fill in the blanks.

5. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    While I don't think I have ever nor will I ever agree with andys, it's pretty unfair to judge Prokhorkin's value since he wasn't able to beat out Lizotte under these circumstances.

Lizotte earned his spot, no question.

But Prokhorkin struggled due to adaptation more than skill.

6. Raccoon Jesus #DERRIEREFORLAFRENIERE

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    100% agreed. For all we know, he gets dialed in at Ontario and comes back on absolute fire.

I'm just running with the logic employed that "I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team" and applying that to what we've seen of Prokhorkin.

If you can tell from camp that Lizotte doesn't have it, then you can tell from camp that Prokhorkin could hardly play ECHL.

7. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    That's fair. I misunderstood the point of your post.

8. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Mentality is usually the difference between those who make it and those who don't.

When a player displays the kind of confidence and tenacity that Lizotte has, when he reaches out and takes his role, you reward it.

Prokhorkin didn't sieze the opportunity he was granted. Doesn't mean he won't adapt or can't take advantage of his chance, not making the team out of camp isn't a death sentence. He just didn't earn what Lizotte earned. If he decides to keep trying, great. If not, its perfectly understandable that he would maximize his earnings by returning to the KHL.

9. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Absolutely, which is why I said Lizotte earned it.

I mostly think, with what I have observed, is that Prokhorkin's failure to adapt isn't necessarily an issue of him lacking the mentality or drive to adapt. Development and training camp is just operated under a finite amount of time, and he didn't adjust fast enough.

When you play and are used to having a certain amount of time to make plays, it's not so easy to think and process the game faster.

Prokhorkin will have an opportunity to adjust and play in the NHL. If he doesn't, he can go back yo Europe without issue.

10. regulate Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Looks like Prokhorkin will be centering Bouma and Rempal, likely the 1st or 2nd line.

11. ru4reals Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    So Porky's not going back to the KHL I thought if he didn't make the team he's heading back? Great to see if he actually stays in Ontario before getting called up.

12. regulate Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Apparently the European Assignment Clause (EAC) does not kick in until a certain date (not sure the date, but I'd imagine its about 30-60 days as a guess from now), so he'll have an opportunity to get used to playing in the smaller rink and show what he can do. If he does well, I'd imagine the Kings will call him up before that option is available to him. If not, he'll likely head back home.

ru4reals likes this.
  13. TruKingFan Two-Time Cup Winner

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Convincing to you or not - it is a fact. Guess you'll be following the Blackhawks more now. Ask Kubalik when the Blackhawks are in town why he didn't want to sign with LA.

14. andys Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Kubalik probably didn't want to sign with LA because they have their wingers pretty much set.He'll show the Kings they made a mistake and should have unloaded some of the dead-weight they currently have on the Wings...Kubalik could have played with Kopitar...We'll see if Chicago moves him up and down the lineup and put him with a legit top 2 centerman!

15. Raccoon Jesus #DERRIEREFORLAFRENIERE

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    This is absolutely insane.

That's all I've got. Speechless at the dismissal of evidence in favor of cockamamie asspull theories on either guy.

16. kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    graphic designer
    He was a 7th round pick, and they traded him for a 5th, then used that 5th to move up to get Samuel Fagemo in this years draft. I'm guessing he won't spend his first 5 plus seasons playing overseas.

KopitarFAN and Ziggy Stardust like this.
  17. Frolov 6'3 Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I appreciate your effort but in reality nobody here knows what happened behind the scenes. Just like there are people who are convinced it's all Kubalik fault, its also fair to think that LA lowballed him or that they thought Prokhorkin was a better player.

The latter is just not a popular opinion.

That's the problem.

18. Jason Squirties Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    jerryseinfeldgivesup.gif

19. Master Yoda LA Legends

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Can't really lowball an ELC

20. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    1. The latter not being a popular opinion, yet being a problem, is on you. There have been multiple pieces of evidence saying what the Kings did. You're saying the Kings gave up on him and ... where's your evidence? There's a reason we're not convinced. It's approaching flat-Earther level of absurdity of how all this evidence isn't convincing to you, yet it's a problem we're unswayed by your speculation.

2. It's really hard to lowball on an ELC. Max he can get is $925k, plus bonuses. Maybe they didn't stipulate those bonuses, but again, you have provided no evidence and expect us to buy what you're selling.

21. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    One, it's an ELC. Two, Kubalik said tha-

[​IMG]

22. Frolov 6'3 Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    That’s not evidence, but armchair fancrap. You can say the same exact thing about me but its harder to get “evidence” from Kubalik’s camp than from “insiders” following the Kings + I am not expecting info from LA that they gave up on him.

So this is kinda lame.

I was in the understanding that Kubalik was not LA property anymore as that was circulating a while back. Nobody had an clear answer back than, so i was not thinking about an entry level contract.

23. SettlementRichie10 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    You know it's bad when we're arguing about what third tier prospect should have made the team over the other.

lumbergh likes this.
  24. Raccoon Jesus #DERRIEREFORLAFRENIERE

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000

Kubalik's agent
    stated a "specific offer" was received, and now you understand about ELCs.

You can dig in and not change your mind--you're entitled to an opinion, of course--but it's "not popular" because every piece of evidence we're given is that LA liked him, tried to get him to come over, and he didn't, so they finally traded him and he signed with Chicago. Occam's Razor.

Regardless, this all started as some bullshit about the Kings not liking these guys because they're Euros, which is obviously utter crap at this point. We're splitting hairs over Kubalik's contract situation and Prokhorkin's camp performance.

25. Ziggy Stardust Master Debater Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Going to be funny digging this thread back up when Kubalik sputters away and returns from whence he came.

Bud Holloway Part II.