Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Prokhorkin Signs One-Year Entry-Level Contract with LA Kings

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
After Lizotte gets knocked on ass 100 more times and coughs up the puck in defensive zone the Kings will figure out he's really a minor leaguer. Credibility,whatever...I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team unless our team is going with American midgets!

I disagree, Lizotte is a NHL caliber player. Is he a 2C no, he’ll he isn’t a center! What he is though is a fast, agile, feisty, skilled player with chance to show what he has.
What he really is, is another free asset that can contribute ala Iafallo with a better toolbox. He’s a bottom 6 RW with the type of mentality this team sorely needs.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That is not convincing because he was having a succesful career in Europe.

Why would he report. Let them come to him.

The Kings talked to his agent often. Here's a quote directly from Kubalik: "I know Los Angeles' interest in me - Kubalik explained - but at the same time I want to respect the contract signed with Ambrì. However, I trust my agent, who is in direct contact with the Kings ... We discussed this eventuality, it is nice to be close to realizing our dream, but as I said I have a valid contract in Switzerland and for now I leave all my open doors".

Here's a quote from his agent in 2017: "It is true, we received a specific offer at the weekend," confirmed player's representative Jiří Hamal from Global Management Group on Thursday.

Read more here L.A. přísně tajné: Kubalíka chtějí do NHL, s nabídkou přišli Kings - iSport.cz

Let's not pretend the Kings didn't try to bring him over. He just didn't come for whatever reason. Contract values are set, it can't be money. Blaming the Kings for something like this is silly, everything points the finger in the other direction.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
After Lizotte gets knocked on ass 100 more times and coughs up the puck in defensive zone the Kings will figure out he's really a minor leaguer. Credibility,whatever...I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team unless our team is going with American midgets!

Well, he earned his spot over a lot of other guys he outplayed. So there's that. He may not be the solution, but he's shown more than the players he beat out.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

And Prokhorkin didn't even show enough to beat out several guys behind him, so....

If the 21 year old first year pro is a career minor leaguer, I guess that means the 26-year-old with several years of pro that couldn't beat him out is...I'll let you fill in the blanks.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
And Prokhorkin didn't even show enough to beat out several guys behind him, so....

If the 21 year old first year pro is a career minor leaguer, I guess that means the 26-year-old with several years of pro that couldn't beat him out is...I'll let you fill in the blanks.

While I don't think I have ever nor will I ever agree with andys, it's pretty unfair to judge Prokhorkin's value since he wasn't able to beat out Lizotte under these circumstances.

Lizotte earned his spot, no question.

But Prokhorkin struggled due to adaptation more than skill.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
While I don't think I have ever nor will I ever agree with andys, it's pretty unfair to judge Prokhorkin's value since he wasn't able to beat out Lizotte under these circumstances.

100% agreed. For all we know, he gets dialed in at Ontario and comes back on absolute fire.

I'm just running with the logic employed that "I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team" and applying that to what we've seen of Prokhorkin.

If you can tell from camp that Lizotte doesn't have it, then you can tell from camp that Prokhorkin could hardly play ECHL.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
100% agreed. For all we know, he gets dialed in at Ontario and comes back on absolute fire.

I'm just running with the logic employed that "I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team" and applying that to what we've seen of Prokhorkin.

If you can tell from camp that Lizotte doesn't have it, then you can tell from camp that Prokhorkin could hardly play ECHL.

That's fair. I misunderstood the point of your post.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Mentality is usually the difference between those who make it and those who don't.

When a player displays the kind of confidence and tenacity that Lizotte has, when he reaches out and takes his role, you reward it.

Prokhorkin didn't sieze the opportunity he was granted. Doesn't mean he won't adapt or can't take advantage of his chance, not making the team out of camp isn't a death sentence. He just didn't earn what Lizotte earned. If he decides to keep trying, great. If not, its perfectly understandable that he would maximize his earnings by returning to the KHL.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Mentality is usually the difference between those who make it and those who don't.

When a player displays the kind of confidence and tenacity that Lizotte has, when he reaches out and takes his role, you reward it.

Prokhorkin didn't sieze the opportunity he was granted. Doesn't mean he won't adapt or can't take advantage of his chance, not making the team out of camp isn't a death sentence. He just didn't earn what Lizotte earned. If he decides to keep trying, great. If not, its perfectly understandable that he would maximize his earnings by returning to the KHL.

Absolutely, which is why I said Lizotte earned it.

I mostly think, with what I have observed, is that Prokhorkin's failure to adapt isn't necessarily an issue of him lacking the mentality or drive to adapt. Development and training camp is just operated under a finite amount of time, and he didn't adjust fast enough.

When you play and are used to having a certain amount of time to make plays, it's not so easy to think and process the game faster.

Prokhorkin will have an opportunity to adjust and play in the NHL. If he doesn't, he can go back yo Europe without issue.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
So Porky's not going back to the KHL I thought if he didn't make the team he's heading back? Great to see if he actually stays in Ontario before getting called up.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So Porky's not going back to the KHL I thought if he didn't make the team he's heading back? Great to see if he actually stays in Ontario before getting called up.

Apparently the European Assignment Clause (EAC) does not kick in until a certain date (not sure the date, but I'd imagine its about 30-60 days as a guess from now), so he'll have an opportunity to get used to playing in the smaller rink and show what he can do. If he does well, I'd imagine the Kings will call him up before that option is available to him. If not, he'll likely head back home.

Reactions: ru4reals

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
This I have seen as well but is not convincing, RJ.

Besides, who knows how hard LA even tried. They might have thought Prokhorkin was a great consolation prize.

Convincing to you or not - it is a fact. Guess you'll be following the Blackhawks more now. Ask Kubalik when the Blackhawks are in town why he didn't want to sign with LA.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Convincing to you or not - it is a fact. Guess you'll be following the Blackhawks more now. Ask Kubalik when the Blackhawks are in town why he didn't want to sign with LA.
Kubalik probably didn't want to sign with LA because they have their wingers pretty much set.He'll show the Kings they made a mistake and should have unloaded some of the dead-weight they currently have on the Wings...Kubalik could have played with Kopitar...We'll see if Chicago moves him up and down the lineup and put him with a legit top 2 centerman!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This I have seen as well but is not convincing, RJ.

Besides, who knows how hard LA even tried. They might have thought Prokhorkin was a great consolation prize.

He was a 7th round pick, and they traded him for a 5th, then used that 5th to move up to get Samuel Fagemo in this years draft. I'm guessing he won't spend his first 5 plus seasons playing overseas.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The Kings talked to his agent often. Here's a quote directly from Kubalik: "I know Los Angeles' interest in me - Kubalik explained - but at the same time I want to respect the contract signed with Ambrì. However, I trust my agent, who is in direct contact with the Kings ... We discussed this eventuality, it is nice to be close to realizing our dream, but as I said I have a valid contract in Switzerland and for now I leave all my open doors".

Here's a quote from his agent in 2017: "It is true, we received a specific offer at the weekend," confirmed player's representative Jiří Hamal from Global Management Group on Thursday.

Read more here L.A. přísně tajné: Kubalíka chtějí do NHL, s nabídkou přišli Kings - iSport.cz

Let's not pretend the Kings didn't try to bring him over. He just didn't come for whatever reason. Contract values are set, it can't be money. Blaming the Kings for something like this is silly, everything points the finger in the other direction.
I appreciate your effort but in reality nobody here knows what happened behind the scenes. Just like there are people who are convinced it's all Kubalik fault, its also fair to think that LA lowballed him or that they thought Prokhorkin was a better player.

The latter is just not a popular opinion.

That's the problem.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I appreciate your effort but in reality nobody here knows what happened behind the scenes. Just like there are people who are convinced it's all Kubalik fault, its also fair to think that LA lowballed him or that they thought Prokhorkin was a better player.

That's the problem.
Can't really lowball an ELC

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

That's the problem.

1. The latter not being a popular opinion, yet being a problem, is on you. There have been multiple pieces of evidence saying what the Kings did. You're saying the Kings gave up on him and ... where's your evidence? There's a reason we're not convinced. It's approaching flat-Earther level of absurdity of how all this evidence isn't convincing to you, yet it's a problem we're unswayed by your speculation.

2. It's really hard to lowball on an ELC. Max he can get is $925k, plus bonuses. Maybe they didn't stipulate those bonuses, but again, you have provided no evidence and expect us to buy what you're selling.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

That's the problem.

One, it's an ELC. Two, Kubalik said tha-

giphy.gif

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
1. The latter not being a popular opinion, yet being a problem, is on you. There have been multiple pieces of evidence saying what the Kings did. You're saying the Kings gave up on him and ... where's your evidence? There's a reason we're not convinced. It's approaching flat-Earther level of absurdity of how all this evidence isn't convincing to you, yet it's a problem we're unswayed by your speculation.

2. It's really hard to lowball on an ELC. Max he can get is $925k, plus bonuses. Maybe they didn't stipulate those bonuses, but again, you have provided no evidence and expect us to buy what you're selling.
That’s not evidence, but armchair fancrap. You can say the same exact thing about me but its harder to get “evidence” from Kubalik’s camp than from “insiders” following the Kings + I am not expecting info from LA that they gave up on him.

So this is kinda lame.

I was in the understanding that Kubalik was not LA property anymore as that was circulating a while back. Nobody had an clear answer back than, so i was not thinking about an entry level contract.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That’s not evidence, but armchair fancrap. You can say the same exact thing about me but its harder to get “evidence” from Kubalik’s camp than from “insiders” following the Kings + I am not expecting info from LA that they gave up on him.

So this is kinda lame.

I was in the understanding that Kubalik was not LA property anymore as that was circulating a while back. Nobody had an clear answer back than, so i was not thinking about an entry level contract.

Kubalik's agent
stated a "specific offer" was received, and now you understand about ELCs.

You can dig in and not change your mind--you're entitled to an opinion, of course--but it's "not popular" because every piece of evidence we're given is that LA liked him, tried to get him to come over, and he didn't, so they finally traded him and he signed with Chicago. Occam's Razor.

Regardless, this all started as some bullshit about the Kings not liking these guys because they're Euros, which is obviously utter crap at this point. We're splitting hairs over Kubalik's contract situation and Prokhorkin's camp performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad