Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Prokhorkin Signs One-Year Entry-Level Contract with LA Kings

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
The KHL hype train keeps rolling. Prokhorkin assigned.

I keep saying it but the KHL's quality has dropped immensely over the past 3-4 seasons. And we're seeing it with overhyped players like Prokhorkin who were ppg in the K, and can't make an nhl team.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
It really just comes down to what Prokhorkin’s motivations are at this point in his career. If he prefers the KHL, so be it. If he wants to become an NHL player - and he has the talent to do so - then he should work hard and get back to the Kings sometime this year. If he’s going to pout and be a diva about being assigned to the Reign then see ya.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The KHL hype train keeps rolling. Prokhorkin assigned.

I keep saying it but the KHL's quality has dropped immensely over the past 3-4 seasons. And we're seeing it with overhyped players like Prokhorkin who were ppg in the K, and can't make an nhl team.
And you are the last word on that...hahahahaha! Prokhorkin is better than tiny tim Blake Lizotte! Those LA Kings sure like their average Americans...Brown,Lewis and even Quick has become just average!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
It really just comes down to what Prokhorkin’s motivations are at this point in his career. If he prefers the KHL, so be it. If he wants to become an NHL player - and he has the talent to do so - then he should work hard and get back to the Kings sometime this year. If he’s going to pout and be a diva about being assigned to the Reign then see ya.
Would have liked to see Prokhorkin in LA to start! Hopefully he gets the call soon enough. Playing him with Luff did nothing for his game. There are many Kings that should be looking over their collective shoulders. They are on the way out. Seems to me Carter and Kovalchuk have lost something. Maybe if they were paired off with Kopitar they would do well? Perhaps there is too much age on that would be line though?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Would have liked to see Prokhorkin in LA to start! Hopefully he gets the call soon enough. Playing him with Luff did nothing for his game. There are many Kings that should be looking over their collective shoulders. They are on the way out. Seems to me Carter and Kovalchuk have lost something. Maybe if they were paired off with Kopitar they would do well? Perhaps there is too much age on that would be line though?

He never earned it. It was his spot to lose and he never gave the coaches a reason to keep him on the team. I watched him make a few decent plays in one game , but other than that, not much.

Reactions: funky

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
And you are the last word on that...hahahahaha! Prokhorkin is better than tiny tim Blake Lizotte! Those LA Kings sure like their average Americans...Brown,Lewis and even Quick has become just average!

Better at what? Being Russian? Certainly not playing hockey. Prokhorkin was about as effective as a limp dick at a gangbang.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Porky might have been PPG in the K but dissapeared in the playoffs and was constantly the 4th/5th best player on his team. That said something already and has nothing to do with the hype train, called KHL.

Sorry to say “I told you so”, but Kubalik was the player to sign. I have been saying this for years. He led all his teams. Still raw too but the much better player.

Than we were able to watch this stuff.

asset_1800k.mp4

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Porky might have been PPG in the K but dissapeared in the playoffs and was constantly the 4th/5th best player on his team. That said something already and has nothing to do with the hype train, called KHL.

Sorry to say “I told you so”, but Kubalik was the player to sign. I have been saying this for years. He led all his teams. Still raw too but the much better player.

Than we were able to watch this stuff.

asset_1800k.mp4

If only Kubalik would have signed here. Except he wouldn't. Unfortunate but they couldn't get him to come over for us.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Better at what? Being Russian? Certainly not playing hockey. Prokhorkin was about as effective as a limp dick at a ********.
Lizotte won't last the season in the NHL and if he does...that only means the Kings are hurting...he's a bridge player...the future at centre looks like transplanted French Canadian Turcotte,Kempe,Anderson-Dolan,Kupari and Amadio with maybe AD And Kupari finding jobs on the Wings! Lizotte was a signing to take the sting outta the drafting of No-Show Vilardi who may never see LA!And do you think Lizotte could play in the KHL and excel? Maybe he could be the next Justin Azevedo?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh good, the Kings have drafted infinity Euros in recent drafts, but we're back to complaining about the one Russian that couldn't make the roster and assuming it's because of NA bias when really he couldn't skate his way out of a paper bag in preseason.

Let him see if he can find his NA game in the A. If not, it will be no real surprise. As others have pointed out, there's a long list of KHLers that have come over in recent years and just not stuck. Shipachyov, anyone?

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lizotte won't last the season in the NHL and if he does...that only means the Kings are hurting...he's a bridge player...the future at centre looks like transplanted French Canadian Turcotte,Kempe,Anderson-Dolan,Kupari and Amadio with maybe AD And Kupari finding jobs on the Wings! Lizotte was a signing to take the sting outta the drafting of No-Show Vilardi who may never see LA!And do you think Lizotte could play in the KHL and excel? Maybe he could be the next Justin Azevedo?

He's a 21 year old rookie that has thrashed every level he's been at and showed more in his worst preseason game than Porkins did in his best.

He may not be a long term solution, but he won the job fair and square and it wasn't even close.

If the name on the back of his jersey was "Smith" instead of "Prokhorkin" no one would blink an eye.

Honestly if you were watching the same thing we were there's no way you're this outraged over a no-show unless you're related.

Good job wrecking your own credibility by mocking recent drafting, though. That's a fresh take at least.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Somehow people still insist in forgetting this fact. So yeah...no "I told you so" on this one.
I was bringing this up cause I'm just disappointed the Kings couldn't convince the guy to sign here. If he never wanted to sign then so be it but it's just disappointing

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fact ?
Please show me this supposed fact.

On top of that, many were so sure Porky was the better player...euh no.

It was reported for a really long time that for a variety of reasons Kubalik had no intention of signing here. I'll find you one right now gimme a sec.

Believe me plenty of us were on that boat for a while but still knew the writing was on the wall.

Edit:

"The 23-year-old Kubalik, who has a high degree of skill and has shown good finishing ability internationally and in upper-level European leagues, did not demonstrate much interest in committing to the LA Kings and hadn’t participated in training camp since September, 2013. (He did not attend development camp that year.) "

"He had been slotted fairly high up the Kings’ lineup board as shown at the 2017 State of the Franchise forum, but did not report to training camp in 2017 or 2018. No check-ins throughout this span gave off any encouraging omens that he’d ever be wearing team colors."

Prospect Dominik Kubalik traded to Chicago for fifth round pick - LA Kings Insider

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
It was reported for a really long time that for a variety of reasons Kubalik had no intention of signing here. I'll find you one right now gimme a sec.

Believe me plenty of us were on that boat for a while but still knew the writing was on the wall.

Edit:

"The 23-year-old Kubalik, who has a high degree of skill and has shown good finishing ability internationally and in upper-level European leagues, did not demonstrate much interest in committing to the LA Kings and hadn’t participated in training camp since September, 2013. (He did not attend development camp that year.) "

"He had been slotted fairly high up the Kings’ lineup board as shown at the 2017 State of the Franchise forum, but did not report to training camp in 2017 or 2018. No check-ins throughout this span gave off any encouraging omens that he’d ever be wearing team colors."

Prospect Dominik Kubalik traded to Chicago for fifth round pick - LA Kings Insider

This I have seen as well but is not convincing, RJ.

Besides, who knows how hard LA even tried. They might have thought Prokhorkin was a great consolation prize.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Besides, who knows how hard LA even tried. They might have thought Prokhorkin was a great consolation prize.

How is not reporting to training camp not convincing? You literally can't get any more convincing than that. I mean, that speaks far more than anything that Kubalik could have said. Not contacting the Kings was just icing on the cake.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'm not quite sure how you can interpret that as not convincing. I even asked Futa about him in person. Same answer. You seem biased against our management that "we" blew it. And it's not like Chicago offered Kubalik the world either. They gave him a pretty standard two-way ELC with some potential for bonuses and a European Assignment Clause. I think we can give the organization the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
How is not reporting to training camp not convincing? You literally can't get any more convincing than that. I mean, that speaks far more than anything that Kubalik could have said. Not contacting the Kings was just icing on the cake.
That is not convincing because he was having a succesful career in Europe.

Why would he report. Let them come to him.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I'm not quite sure how you can interpret that as not convincing. I even asked Futa about him in person. Same answer. You seem biased against our management that "we" blew it. And it's not like Chicago offered Kubalik the world either. They gave him a pretty standard two-way ELC with some potential for bonuses and a European Assignment Clause. I think we can give the organization the benefit of the doubt on this one.
I am on the Kubalik hype train for several years now and was against the Prokhorkin signing. I already said he was not NHL material. At one point people were asking me to shut up. Fair enough, no problem.... I did.

Now Prokhorkin was brought up and I come up with my old agenda again and now I need to shut up once again. Like i hadnt said this all the way.

Give me a break.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I am on the Kubalik hype train for several years now and was against the Prokhorkin signing. I already said he was not NHL material. At one point people were asking me to shut up. Fair enough, no problem.... I did.

Now Prokhorkin was brought up and I come up with my old agenda again and now I need to shut up once again. Like i hadnt said this all the way.

Give me a break.
Ok, you win the Prokhorkin Sucks sweepstakes. Here’s your prize: ____ :)

Reactions: TruKingFan

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
He's a 21 year old rookie that has thrashed every level he's been at and showed more in his worst preseason game than Porkins did in his best.

He may not be a long term solution, but he won the job fair and square and it wasn't even close.

If the name on the back of his jersey was "Smith" instead of "Prokhorkin" no one would blink an eye.

Honestly if you were watching the same thing we were there's no way you're this outraged over a no-show unless you're related.

Good job wrecking your own credibility by mocking recent drafting, though. That's a fresh take at least.
After Lizotte gets knocked on ass 100 more times and coughs up the puck in defensive zone the Kings will figure out he's really a minor leaguer. Credibility,whatever...I have seen enough of Lizotte to know he doesn't have it to be a regular contributing member of a winning team unless our team is going with American midgets!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad