Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Prokhorkin Signs One-Year Entry-Level Contract with LA Kings

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Welp. Looks like it's finally official. It only took, what, about 8 years to finally decide to come on over...?

2018 Olympic Gold Medalist set to join organization after posting 41 points in 41 games last season with SKA St. Petersburg in the KHL

Nikolai Prokhorkin Signs One-Year Entry-Level Contract with LA Kings

The LA Kings have signed forward Nikolai Prokhorkin to a one-year entry-level contract, Kings Vice President and General Manager Rob Blake announced today.

The 25-year-old Prokhorkin (born on Sept. 17, 1993) is a 6-2, 201-pound native of Chelyabinsk, Russia, who appeared in 41 regular-season games this season with SKA St. Petersburg (KHL), posting 41 points (20-21=41), a plus-27 rating and 10 penalty minutes.

He helped lead SKA to the Western Conference Final, before falling in Game 7 to the top-seed and eventual champion CSKA Moscow. He appeared in 11 postseason games, posting six points (2-4=6) and four penalty minutes.

Selected by the Kings in the fourth round (121st overall) during the 2012 NHL Draft, Prokhorkin has appeared 314 career regular-season KHL games, recording 186 points (92-94=186), a plus-106 rating and 248 penalty minutes.

cut.jpg

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
Prokhorkin is a great addition to this team. The guy was putting up a point a game in the KHL and scoring about .487 goals per game. He is going to be the 2C of this team next season. Let me explain why:

KHL has a conversion factor to the NHL of .74 points per Hockey Abstract, an NHL analytical team. Translating it to a full NHL season, he was on pace for about 60 points, which is great for a 2C. (Yes I understand this is an assumption).

He was also a +27. I don't care what team you are on and who your line mates are, if you are a +27 in 41 games, you are doing something right on both sides of the puck.

While I understand why there may be some reservations at 2C for him, I do think he is a better option than Kempe and Carter at the 2C spot.

Comparison of a KHLer coming to the NHL? Well lets look at Panarin. While yes, Panarin came into the NHL 2 years younger than Prokhorkin, he was averaging 1.14 ppg, .48 goals per game, and was a +37 in 13 more games.

Prokhorkin is clearly no Panarin, he is 2 steps or so behind. However, Panarin is a Top line player. Its safe to say that if Prokhorkin can translate his game to the NHL, he is going to be a great staple in our team.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Yesss some good news finally Looking forward to seeing him in la
It's really going to be interesting in LA where the likes of Carter,Lewis and Phaneuf may be let go or traded. Personally I'd give Carts and Phaneuf another shot...Lewis is too expensive as a 3rd-4th liner now for what he brings! And he's 32 now!

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
It's really going to be interesting in LA where the likes of Carter,Lewis and Phaneuf may be let go or traded. Personally I'd give Carts and Phaneuf another shot...Lewis is too expensive as a 3rd-4th liner now for what he brings! And he's 32 now!
Well since u quoted me I'll chime in this Lewis was hurt most of the year. He was the teams unsung hero for at least 4 year (or more) before getting hurt. He deserves another shot however i would trade him him closer to deadline. When someone shows he can do his role.

I think Carter deserves a another few months His value is to low to get anything back.

Now Dion I am on record I would trade down in the draft as low as 10 if the other team took him. I have nothing against Dion other then he takes up a roster spot for one of the many young defenseman on the roster to show what they can do.

Of course this is just my opinion and i know many will disagree however this is what we do best as kings fans come at our problems from different points of view..

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Remember in January, the insiders with at least SOME knowledge - Hoven and Rosen even, basically 'found out' that they were trying to move several players....and not a single
team would take Carter at deadline and they were peddling Toffoli too, but not liking the offers...if Martinez didn't get injured, bet he would have been dealt.
Now? The plan to move all these guys has not changed...except probably even more players - the only one they may keep to see how he does, is Toffoli.

The Plan has started. It's in motion. Very few probably have seen it. TM said he 'saw it' and all mapped out over a few seasons. You'd best believe when they
talk about bringing in youth and getting the age to 24-25, that means """"""FOR CERTAIN"""""" AND NO MATTER HOW""""""""" several more 30+ players
will be gone. These are all the 30s players: Martinez, Lewis, Carter, Quick, Brown, Kopitar, Phaneuf, Kovalchuk. May be missing a few. Expect a minimim
of 3 to be gone...or even 4. 'The Plan' has that one known thing that is part of it: get to age 24-25 avg. Only one way that happens.

There are way too many players that were shuttling back and forth all year to Ontario: Wagner, Luff, Amadio, Walker, Roy, MacDermid, Rempal.
Now add: Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Prokhrkin, Michael Anderson, Clague, Brickley. And Lizotte. (the kid may surprise) SO, it's even going to be worse than last year. You may say "fine, they need to earn jobs and they need time in Ontario" To that, there's some balance in there -
Its disruptive and not good to shuttle 1-3 players every 10 days back and forth. It's terrible, actually. The player comes up and makes 2 mistakes and goes back....I do not think they want this. Bad for everyone. I think the plan PREFERS Wagner, Prokhorkin, and probably 1 of Clague / Brickley / Michael Anderson to make it. And 1 of the other forwards - probably Amadio. Like 4 PERMANENT new players that are non shuffling. How? Move Carter, Lewis, Martinez for starters and yes, buyout Phaneuf. But but but have you seen the years and dollars?? The plan does not have Phaneuf and probably 2 others are not even on the plan list. They are gone 'already'.

I recall Hoven saying "half this current roster won't be here September" and he was shocked.
What struck me, is that Hoven is a raw raw guy for almost every King player and not one to
say "the Kings are moving half the team" He's more of a 'Toffoli over / under 27 goals next year" type of guy. So you know the 'half the team gone by Sept" was not his idea or wanting that. Those words came from one og his sources. It's not possible, but this is not "lets see how Carter, Lewis, Phaneuf, Quick do" Bet the plan does not mention anything about "let's see how...."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm rooting for him for sure, but gotta say it would be the most Kings thing ever for him to come over and flop after all this time.

Prokhorkin is clearly no Panarin, he is 2 steps or so behind. However, Panarin is a Top line player. Its safe to say that if Prokhorkin can translate his game to the NHL, he is going to be a great staple in our team.

I see what you did there. Sponsor royalties!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad