Nikita Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd like to see some results of development under Bednar/Pratt before hearing him talk about it. So far, every single defenseman has been worse with him. Including EJ, Barrie, and Zadorov.

So far, Tourigny has been the only D coach able to have any actual impact on improving the play of individual defenseman. Him and Roy had the opposite approach with EJ and Barrie of just letting them play, than Bender and Pratt do with Zadorov, who they put the reins on and tried to turn into a defenseman defenseman.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I listened to it in line because it took 30 minutes to get into the damn arena. I wish they would post it somewhere because it was all about Z, basically. I don't remember everything off hand though.

Bednar talked about his base of play, and how they want him to be known as a punishing defenseman rather than a gentle giant, and he wants that too. He said defenseman take a while to develop, and every little mistake gets exposed. He's spending a lot of time in the conditioning room so that he can play more minutes, because that's what he wants to do. Talked about his ceiling being really high. He said they're trying to slowly build piece by piece with his game. He was on PK at start of the year, struggled so they took him off, and now he's back on and doing a really good job.

I wish I could remember more but I was surrounded by bandwagon fans listening to it.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I listened to it in line because it took 30 minutes to get into the damn arena. I wish they would post it somewhere because it was all about Z, basically. I don't remember everything off hand though.

Bednar talked about his base of play, and how they want him to be known as a punishing defenseman rather than a gentle giant, and he wants that too. He said defenseman take a while to develop, and every little mistake gets exposed. He's spending a lot of time in the conditioning room so that he can play more minutes, because that's what he wants to do. Talked about his ceiling being really high. He said they're trying to slowly build piece by piece with his game. He was on PK at start of the year, struggled so they took him off, and now he's back on and doing a really good job.

I wish I could remember more but I was surrounded by bandwagon fans listening to it.

I mean, that's all stuff we want to hear...I was really hoping that Pratt and Bednar would really be able to make our Dmen shine, but it really hasn't happened.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah Z is doing fine. He is going to have ups and downs naturally, and he can't be given everything at once... but his season has gone well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

That's pretty much what I remember as well, at least that stuck out. Bednar just overall seemed to be invested in his development in a positive way.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that Bednar directly said he is trying to keep Z in a positive frame of mind, and not let him get down on himself when he makes mistakes or has a bad game. They are being patient with him.

Not much we didn't know, but really reassuring since I know a lot of us are worried about Bednar's firm hand approach. From the sound of it he has the ability to recognize and adapt to players personalities.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So rare to get a giant that wants to be mean (and has a ton of skill). Avs fans are so lucky.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Still just amazed that there wasn't a penalty called for Manson not having his jersey clipped in. Pretty sorry officiating last night all around.

Z had a solid game. Needs to start carrying the puck a bit more if you ask me. If he makes a mistake here and there, so what, it's better then feeding it to Blake Comeau so he can lose it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Best part is the idiot running the Ducks twitter chirping. Your player can't dress properly and gets dummied in a fight he instigated and you chirp? Manson should've gotten a game misconduct for not tying his jersey.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The one thing to take away from this:

It does not matter if he turns into a #1 D or a #6 D down the road.

Don't trade him away. Especially not in the division. Don't want to see him playing against us with a chip on his shoulder....

Atleast not before the NHL department of player safety has dealt with him (and pretty sure they will. Zadorovs hits have been mostly very clean (he is amazing) but he is bound to make a bad one or two in the future with the way he is playing. Will be interesting what they do then.
He is only 21 and probably already one of if not the most dangerous player in the league. Silfverberg seems to be pretty hurt and IIRC he is not the first one Zaddy put on IR this season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Big Z is very easy for me to like. One of those you love on your team, don't like on others and would absolutely hate if playing for a divisional rival.

I know there was some conversation about his turn-over last night, but two thoughts...I thought the puck was bouncing on him and I do believe he'll learn from it. Situationally, I wouldn't have minded his thought process if the AVs were down a goal...with two minutes left is when I'd expect some riskier moves to be taken to get the puck back up in the offensive zone quickly but in a tie game or with the lead, yeah...he should've made the simple, safe play back to the corner or behind the net.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Big Z is very easy for me to like. One of those you love on your team, don't like on others and would absolutely hate if playing for a divisional rival.

I know there was some conversation about his turn-over last night, but two thoughts...I thought the puck was bouncing on him and I do believe he'll learn from it. Situationally, I wouldn't have minded his thought process if the AVs were down a goal...with two minutes left is when I'd expect some riskier moves to be taken to get the puck back up in the offensive zone quickly but in a tie game or with the lead, yeah...he should've made the simple, safe play back to the corner or behind the net.

As far as I'm concerned, let him learn from his mistakes. The Avs aren't making the playoffs, so let Zadorov play 25 minutes a night and let him grow.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Zadorov is learning how to use intimidation effectively. We already seen the effect it has on opposing players. Sweet gifs btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad