Nikita Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I have a Mackinnon jersey and I'm buying a Rantanen jersey. Those 2 guys will be safe in Denver for a long time me thinks. I'm putting serious thought into a Zadorov jersey. Maybe after he scores a goal I will buy one but since hes never gonna score I think I'm safe there.

You were saying?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm definitely going to get a Zadorov jersey. Thinking I'll just put his name and number on the back of my blank Stadium Series jersey, since purchasing a new jersey at this point could come back to haunt me with Adidas taking over.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm definitely going to get a Zadorov jersey. Thinking I'll just put his name and number on the back of my blank Stadium Series jersey, since purchasing a new jersey at this point could come back to haunt me with Adidas taking over.

Man, they were selling those for $49.99 right before boxing day at Pro Hockey Life at Mayfield but none in my size. Had to settle for the home jersey instead. Yay. I'm definitely getting a Z jersey down the road.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Omg just read the GDT. He is cursed :help:

Martinsens should do the right thing and call the NHL right now and tell them the truth. he didn't touch that. That puck went off Dillons skate. Tell the truth Andreas.

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Zads has been looking dynamite lately.

I like the way he's been playing too, but he's still very up and down during games. Lots of little mistakes, especially with the puck, and occasionally his positioning. He's got to move the puck a little quicker, and stay focused on who his man is defensively.

You can tell he's capable of doing both well, because he does a lot during games. He just has these lapses in focus, that are keeping his performances a little inconsistent.

He'll get better hopefully. That's why it's so important Bednar doesn't keep him in the minor role he had earlier in the season. He needs to play a lot, and in all situations, so he can learn. He's already made strides while playing more during Barrie's absence.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I like the way he's been playing too, but he's still very up and down during games. Lots of little mistakes, especially with the puck, and occasionally his positioning. He's got to move the puck a little quicker, and stay focused on who his man is defensively.

You can tell he's capable of doing both well, because he does a lot during games. He just has these lapses in focus, that are keeping his performances a little inconsistent.

He'll get better hopefully. That's why it's so important Bednar doesn't keep him in the minor role he had earlier in the season. He needs to play a lot, and in all situations, so he can learn. He's already made strides while playing more during Barrie's absence.

I agree completely. I really do think that he's very much capable of reaching solid #1 D status but a lot of that rests with the opportunities he's given and whether or not he grows as a result of them. He's only 21 afterall which is nuts. A big defenseman like him is likely barely scratching the surface of where his potential lies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I cannot be happier when I see how well Z has developed this season especially the last 10-15 games. The growth in his game makes the ROR trade looks better and better every game let alone the other guys that came with him in the trade.

With that being said I agree with you regarding his occasional lapses in focus. Looking at him it is easy to come to the conclusion that he lacks on the hockey IQ side of the game. To me it is more a combination of focus and nonchalance. The former possibly brought in by the latter. All this guy had to do when he was playing in the lower leagues was to take a few strides and stretch to get out of trouble thanks to his size. However players are much faster in the NHL so that advantage is not as prominent. You can notice that a lot especially when he skates to get the puck in the corner on a dump in. He doesn't skate very hard because he knows he can get to puck first due to his size. He does but by then the other guy is on him. If he would move his feet more he could easily gain extra time to make a better decision and therefore a better play.

I think eliminating some of that nonchalance will help him be more aware of what his going on around him while giving him extra time to make better decisions. Overall though like I said he is becoming a stud out there.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

The one thing he needs to cut out is the casual plays with the puck. Too often does he hold onto the puck a second too long to make a pass or hes just too careless with it in general. Once he figures these things out he can be a total force in this league its really up to him and how badly he wants it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I forget where I heard it described but it's feeling like you have an extra second with the puck so you think you can make a better play than the easy play and that can lead to trouble. He's just got to trust his instincts and make quicker decisions and I think it will come. And the other issue is when he has made a mistake then I think it sits with him and he starts to overthink. He just needs to get to a point where what happens in the game doesn't effect him, he just needs the repetition of making the right plays.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I forget where I heard it described but it's feeling like you have an extra second with the puck so you think you can make a better play than the easy play and that can lead to trouble. He's just got to trust his instincts and make quicker decisions and I think it will come. And the other issue is when he has made a mistake then I think it sits with him and he starts to overthink. He just needs to get to a point where what happens in the game doesn't effect him, he just needs the repetition of making the right plays.

Bingo. If he could go on a point streak while killing it with EJ, so that he feels comfortable & established in his role; that would be huge for his development because it would let him just move on from mistakes instead of dwelling on them and worrying that they'll hurt his minutes.

I'm going to get a plain white T-shirt and write "ZODAROV" on the back in magic marker. :naughty:

Or you could stick a picture of Zadorov's face on a Goldberg "you're next" shirt.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bingo. If he could go on a point streak while killing it with EJ, so that he feels comfortable & established in his role; that would be huge for his development because it would let him just move on from mistakes instead of dwelling on them and worrying that they'll hurt his minutes.

Or you could stick a picture of Zadorov's face on a Goldberg "you're next" shirt.

Need to be an Avatar asap. Z did have a multi point game last night. Was that the first for him in an Avs uni?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad