Nikita Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Not concerned in the slightest about Z. The only thing I find frustrating about him are "he's big, better call a penalty" penalties against him. That's not really on him though. To be honest I'd love to see an Avs defenseman toe the line like Landeskog and Z is the best man for the job.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not concerned in the slightest about Z. The only thing I find frustrating about him are "he's big, better call a penalty" penalties against him. That's not really on him though. To be honest I'd love to see an Avs defenseman toe the line like Landeskog and Z is the best man for the job.

He does have a bad habit of getting his stick up high. Because he's so tall, it's a shorter distance upward to getting in trouble for him than most guys, so he needs to be more conscious of his stick positioning than most guys.

It's a learning process for him, I think he'll figure it out.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
His shot generation is going up. He's led the team in shot attempts in 2 of the last 4 games. The offensive confidence is starting to grow.

Last night was more up and down than his prior few games but I really think it's all starting to come together for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
His shot generation against is going up as well. His scoring chance against per 60 is going way up as well.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
His shot generation against is going up as well. His scoring chance against per 60 is going way up as well.
Debbie downer, but from following the numbers, everyone's shots against is going up. Wiercioch and Tyutin were holding OK for a while but have fallen off a bit since. That's a trend for the whole team after a decent start. Even EJ's numbers were dropping and he's far ahead of everyone.

This team sucks and is boring to watch, so I'm trying to at least look at some positive here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Debbie downer, but from following the numbers, everyone's shots against is going up. Wiercioch and Tyutin were holding OK for a while but have fallen off a bit since. That's a trend for the whole team after a decent start. Even EJ's numbers were dropping and he's far ahead of everyone.

This team sucks and is boring to watch, so I'm trying to at least look at some positive here.

Even his numbers relative to the team are bad. He is sacrificing defense for offense at the moment. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't all roses. I point it out with Z because he is one of those players that has all of his bright moments pointed out, but a lot of his bad moments are glossed over.

We can cherry pick certain stats and make a number of the defensemen look good on this team. Hell Gelinas is #2 in CF%. I don't think picking a choosing certain stats is the way to look at Z. To me, I'd rather see how his confidence with the puck is growing... and for him to find a way to build on that while limiting his mistakes. The more glaring mistakes have grown lately as well. If he can keep those down around the level of where he was in the first ~10 games AND keep his confidence up with the puck, then we will really start seeing growth out of him. He is young and learning so he gets a pass, but he needs to find a way to grow on the offensive side without hurting his defense.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Need him to hit the net more on the PP. Thats my one gripe right now with Z. I like the fact that hes shooting the puck. Also, would not be shocked if Bednar took him off the PP after last game. Hope he doesnt but you never know with this guy.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Need him to hit the net more on the PP. Thats my one gripe right now with Z. I like the fact that hes shooting the puck. Also, would not be shocked if Bednar took him off the PP after last game. Hope he doesnt but you never know with this guy.

Uhg... I forgot about that. Hopefully Bednar will too by Wednesday

I'm not surprised hes rusty with his shot, because we haven't really promoted one-timers at 5v5 for a long time, and he hasn't been on the power play since he was in the AHL.

Although it would be nice if our players would pass accurately enough to execute a one-timer as well lol.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Uhg... I forgot about that. Hopefully Bednar will too by Wednesday

I'm not surprised hes rusty with his shot, because we haven't really promoted one-timers at 5v5 for a long time, and he hasn't been on the power play since he was in the AHL.

Although it would be nice if our players would pass accurately enough to execute a one-timer as well lol.

Maybe Z should take a little off his toe. He and Gelinas have legit hooks on their blades haha it might explain the high and wide shots from the point.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He's just gotta talk with EJ and figure how EJ was able to get from being the shin pad crusher to actually getting pucks on net.

During EJ's shin pad crusher labeled years he was statistically one of the best in the league at getting pucks through unblocked. Unfortunately the importance of those moments is what gave him that label.

As for Zads his issue isn't crushing shin pads, it's actually hitting the damn net. Have a look at my most recent post in the advanced stats thread. Zadorov is ungodly poor when it comes to accuracy. Around half of his unblocked shots miss the net. That's not okay. He's yet to hit the net on the powerplay this season. Not one.

Love Zads and what he's done this year, but that needs to change.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
During EJ's shin pad crusher labeled years he was statistically one of the best in the league at getting pucks through unblocked. Unfortunately the importance of those moments is what gave him that label.

As for Zads his issue isn't crushing shin pads, it's actually hitting the damn net. Have a look at my most recent post in the advanced stats thread. Zadorov is ungodly poor when it comes to accuracy. Around half of his unblocked shots miss the net. That's not okay. He's yet to hit the net on the powerplay this season. Not one.

Bednar agrees with you

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

And I thought he was shooting wide trying to create rebounds off the boards and to the front of the net, pssssshhhht..

(Actually pretty sure hes the only one of our D who tries this at times, and it's obvious)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
And I thought he was shooting wide trying to create rebounds off the boards and to the front of the net, pssssshhhht..

(Actually pretty sure hes the only one of our D who tries this at times, and it's obvious)

Francois does that shoot wide thing on purpose. Im not sure if Z is doing that but he needs to figure out how to hit the net. When his shot gets through it almost always creates a huge rebound. I think duchene scored a rebound goal off a Z shot this year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The best part about that article is the dedication Zadorov is putting into fitness.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm more worried about Barrie's accuracy than Z. Barrie legit misses the net because he's trying to pick corners all the time. Z I think at least some of the time is just trying to get it through, and is ok with rebounds off the boards.

He does need to work on doing both, getting it through, and on net. Better lateral mobility to change the angle, and quicker shots with less windup is usually the key. Tourigny stood next to EJ with a stop watch in practice every day and had him fire hundreds of slappers until he got the time he was looking for.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Moser says Bednar lays it all out about Zadorov in the pre-game media. Should be interesting to hear when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad